Kellan's Dragons

Kellan's Dragons

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Kellan Teague, an orphan, is whisked away from the boarding school for psions by Dr. Olivia Hutchins to take part in a military organization called The Program. She awakes to find that she has been Linked, psychically bonded to a dragon named Jericho. Jericho doesn't seem very happy to be Linked and does everything he can to push Kellan away. One of the few people to show...more
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kellan's Dragons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kellan's Dragons

K.F. Breene
I picked up this book in an effort to support the publishing house that put out my Skyline Series. I picked this book out of many without over-thinking the decision, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

Kellan is a strong, extremely gifted girl that stands above the rest of the psions in her school. As you might imagine from your high-school days, this makes her the target for snarky comments and aggressive jealousy. And while she tries to hold up the ol' chin, it weighs her down, pushi...more
The Project
I don’t know that I would call Kellan’s Dragons a romance. At least not at this point. But it is the first book in the “Dragon Wars” series, and all of the elements for a potential romance are there, so it will be interesting to see how the series develops.

Kellan is a girl with some pretty intense psionic abilities. And, just in case you are like me and have no idea what psionics are, the term refers to using the mind to create paranormal phenomena (thanks Wikipedia!). Kellan has had this abilit...more
Delilah Stephans
I'm not counting this as one of my 100 because technically it's a re-read even though it just came out. Antonia and I have been writing buddies for 7 almost 8 years, so I got to read this as it was being written and help her with some plot points. This is the first novel in a YA series, short yes but very very good. I've loved it since she first got the idea.

Kellan has never had anyone. As an extremely strong psion most other psions don't want anything to do with her. She's strong, fiesty but s...more
Melody Hamort
Great start for the series! I really hope the author continue with Kellan's story, I wanna read more!
Lori Green
Kellan's Dragons was a quick read and a thoroughly enjoyable one.

I have to be honest and say that the author Antonia Tiranth is one of my editors and I was curious to see her writing. I was delighted. The story was very alternate world and didn't need any kinf of info dump for the reader. It was easy to understand what was happening and from the beginning, the story moved at a quick pace while giving enough information to keep the reader completely in the story.

I'm going to go get the next book...more
Marva
Absolutely great addition to dragon lore. I believe Antonia has a winner series here. The plot twists were both surprising and believable. It takes a great imagination to pull that off.

The first person tone of Kellan is spot-on for her situation. Who wouldn't be cranky to wake up with a splitting headache and find out you're linked to an even crankier dragon?rnrnGreat fun. I look forward to the sequels.

Marva
Jan 30, 2011 Marva rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: dragon lovers
Shelves: miu_authors

Great fun. I look forward to the sequels.
Kimberly
I think this novella could have been great, but it felt like I was thrown into the middle and not given anything to understand. Maybe the author did this so we would be on the same wavelength as the main character?
Rebecca Lea
LOVED IT!! So very much! Don't let the hokey cover ruin it for you! Please, please let this be a series!!
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Tracey
Tracey added it
Jan 02, 2013
Josphat Madzivaidze
Josphat Madzivaidze marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2012
Heather Thompson
Heather Thompson marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2012
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2012
Jan Fischer
Jan Fischer marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2011
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2011
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2011
The Quickening (Tales of the Rikashi, #1) The Gathering (Tales of the Rikashi, #2) A Dom for Christmas: Series Title: The Tarot Kings A Dom for Christmas (The Tarot Kings) Cody and the Elf