Start by marking “Untamable” as Want to Read:
Untamable

Untamable

Eight years ago Lily Swanson left Havashaw County with a broken heart. Now circumstances have brought her back to the cowboy who still drives her crazy. Seeing him again stirs erotic memories, but the pain of his betrayal refuses to be soothed with a sexy smile.

Lily left him. That inescapable fact drives Thor Hanson to succeed more than any other. Her return to Havashaw t
Published January 21st 2011 by Wild Rose Press (first published January 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Untamable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Untamable

Wenj
Apr 12, 2011 Wenj rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, read-2011
Review provided by Black Lagoon Reviews:

Untamable by Becca Dale was something of a surprise. I usually don't go in for contemporary romance, little lone romances based around cowboys but, this novel truly captivated me. The world building and characterization was spot on, creating characters that were complex and seemed to leap to life from the very pages. The atmosphere was vividly created and while this story was short, and I do mean short, that didn't prevent it from being an emotional roller
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
With this sexy “bad-boy, cowboy” as our main character (Thor, AKA Thunder as he is known in the arena) Untamable only makes the attraction all the more sweeter! Becca Dale does an excellent job of compounding a whole lot of “spice and sizzle” into a short story.

Who doesn't love a stetson wearing, wounded hero who is determined to show everyone he is still champion? Apparently long-time sweetheart Lily still does, even if she has been away in Chicago for over eight years nursing her broken heart
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
May 16, 2016 Amanda [Novel Addiction] rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, blog, cowboys
Lily is back from Chicago to visit her best friend Mara. They've planned to visit the old haunts, spend some time with Mara's parents. Just as long as they avoid Mara's brother, and Lily's former boyfriend, Thor. But Lily isn't even in town a day before they cross paths, and it's like a knife in the chest. Years ago, when Thor had his accident, he forced Lily out of his hospital room, out of the hospital, and out of his life. She took the hint and left, but even now, she still feels connected to ...more
Lillie
Apr 20, 2011 Lillie rated it liked it
See the full review at: Read My Mind

My Review:
UNTAMABLE is a short novella that packs a pretty big romantic punch. One of my favorite type of romantic plots is that of the couple that breaks up, then finds their way back together after both mature a little, and perhaps figure out what they want out of the relationship. This is that type of book. Becca Dale starts the story off with the two main characters, Lily and Thor sharing space again after a disastrous break-up where misunderstanding and
Dahlia (yadkny)
Feb 04, 2011 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cowboy Lovers
You can take the girl out of the country, but you can’t take the cowboy she left behind out of the girl’s heart.

A misunderstanding and deliberate mislead broke two young lovers apart. Now all Lily wants is to forget the cowboy who broke her heart and all Thor wants is to forget the fiery redhead who left him when he needed her most.

Eight years after going their separate ways, Lily and Thor find themselves face to face once again. All of the old feelings that lay dormant are fiercely brought bac
LynnMarie
Feb 12, 2011 LynnMarie rated it really liked it
Yadkny's Review

Barb
Mar 22, 2011 Barb rated it really liked it
Tough cowboys, rejected love, childhood friends, steamy sex scenes that sizzle the pages - this little story has it all! A quick little read for that cowboy fix!

Lily Swanson once thought herself in love with Thor Hanson, bronc rider extraordinaire! One day after an injury that puts him in the hospital, Thor, better known as Thunder, tells Lily to go away and she does. She takes her broken heart to Chicago and forms a new life for herself.

Now it’s eight years later and Lily is back for a visit to
Andrea Guy
If you can pull your eyes away from the cover you will find a short, very spicy read by Becca Dale. Lily and Thor have a past. A past that was a good one until Thor had an accident and said something stupid.

Up until it is revealed why Lily ran off on Thor, you could like him. He is exactly how a cowboy should be. He's all manly and a touch bit arrogant. He risks his life to help a child, while endangering his own by riding a horse that nearly crippled him years back.

Death wish? Possibly.

Lily is
SirenBookReviews
Feb 05, 2011 SirenBookReviews rated it it was amazing
Untamable grabbed my attention by the title alone. Becca Dale really grabbed my attention with this hometown read. I enjoyed how packed this novella was and feeling as if I was there in the family and at the venue watching what was going on.

Poor Lily was dealt a hard blow at a young tender age that jaded her toward men and loving. At that age there was no way to discern ‘go away’ from ‘get the fuck away’ from a prideful hurt male. Thor I wanted to clobber. I love male pride in small doses; he di
Got Romance!  Reviews
Jan 22, 2011 Got Romance! Reviews rated it it was amazing
Reviewer: Sasha Evins
Date: 01/20/11

Becca has done it for me again with Untameable. Her character building is spot on, the chemistry between hero and heroine sizzling, and I was nearly salivating during the lusty love scenes. All right, salivating isn’t the correct term, but I think you catch my drift here without causing too much offense.

Cowboys are just plain hot, and throw in some dirty lovin’ and you got yourself a story, but Becca throws in her special pizzazz that makes this work unique. Yo
Rhiannon Paille
Jun 12, 2011 Rhiannon Paille rated it really liked it
I love how Becca Dale calls herself naughty enough and it's true. This book might be erotica but it is just naughty enough. I thought the plot moved along quickly and that the characters were both smoldering enough to be enjoyable. There was a bit of stuff at the end I was a little more than worried about but because it had an appealing ending I found myself being able to forgive that little thing.

If you're looking for a quick and enjoyable read, then this one is for you.
Babs
Feb 10, 2011 Babs rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, western
Check out my review at 100 Romances Project at

Natasza Waters
Jul 21, 2012 Natasza Waters rated it liked it
Quick read, with a story that flows with steamy sex and a HEA.

Natasza
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2015
Ndulgent Bloggers
Ndulgent Bloggers rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2014
The Project
The Project rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2011
Dre
Dre rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014
Toni
Toni rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2014
Darah Lace
Darah Lace rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2011
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2011
yolandeen
yolandeen rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2011
Vikki Vaught
Vikki Vaught rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Nicky
Nicky rated it it was ok
May 10, 2011
Miranda Lynn
Miranda Lynn rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2011
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2012
Noelle
Noelle marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2011
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Becca Dale
Jun 28, 2013 Becca Dale added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote-it
Apurva
Apurva marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Mick Loves Books
Mick Loves Books marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Barb
Barb added it
Sep 01, 2015
Naty
Naty marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016