Start by marking “A Little Texas” as Want to Read:
A Little Texas

A Little Texas (Oak Stand #3)

Growing up in tiny Oak Stand gave Kate Newman all the Texas she'd ever want. Her bold personality is better suited to a city that never sleeps. So coming back to take care of unfinished business is like squeezing into last decade's jeans. A bad idea all around. Her only diversion is Rick Mendez. Enigmatic and irresistible, he's got a heart as wild as her own.
They're so go
Published January 1st 2011 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about A Little Texas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Texas

Kristiej
Feb 22, 2011 Kristiej rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another book that I was quite pleased that I took a chance on. I've really been enjoying this line by Harlequin and this is another reason why.

Kate owns a business in Vegas that's in trouble. Desperate for money, she decides to blackmail the man who fathered her, but refused to acknowledge her. She figures he owes her something, if only child alimony from when she was dirt poor, living in a trailer park and being raised by her grandmother. But her plan backfires when her father demands
Gwynlyn
Feb 06, 2011 Gwynlyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liz Talley took us back to Oak Stand for the best story yet! The chip on Kate Newman's shoulder is a mile wide when she returns to Oak Stand, but the girls has a lot to learn about perception and reality. AND the different faces of love. Well written, fast paced, and engaging, it will make you eager to return to Oak Stand and the unique characters that populate this corner of Texas.
Elisa Beatty
Feb 05, 2011 Elisa Beatty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liz Talley's best yet! It's such a pleasure to go back to Oak Stand, Texas, and this is the most emotionally satisfying book of the series. The heroine, Kate, is a tiny powerhouse who thought she'd escaped her tough childhood in Oak Stand (and never wants to go back), while the hero, Rick, is a reformed gang member who's found a haven there, building a center to help current gangbangers escape their urban lives. Kate and Rick are both good people at heart, but make mistakes, and truly want diffe ...more
Gail
The second reading of this story for me. I guess I just didn't mark it down. It's a nice story. Heroine is the unacknowledged daughter of the big man in town. Hero is a former gang member who came to the small East Texas town to turn his life around. Now he's starting a facility for other gang escapees, sponsored by the big man. The heroine has a lot of anger against dear old dad, because he was so mean to her before. But she needs money for the IRS (her salon partner spent the money on med bill ...more
Carrie
2.5* The plot of A Little Texas held some good moments and the story ideas were okay, but the execution was uneven. The sentences were sometimes choppy, there was too much telling and not showing, and the scenes and mood shifts were often abrupt and jarring.

I give the author points for having her characters act like real people: their actions were sometimes inconsistent with their spoken ideals. I didn't mind that because it added a level of realism to the story. Real people struggle and someti
Joy
Feb 22, 2011 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Our heroine's life in Vegas is great, but she's out of money and the IRS is knocking. So she must return to her hometown of Texas, face her poverty-stricken past as well as the wealthy biological father who has rejected her in the past--and, of course, fall for his hawt henchman, an ex-gang member now running a home for gang members who want to come clean. This was good; there was actually a point at which it managed to jerk tears from me.
Maureen Howard
Feb 09, 2014 Maureen Howard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh there's so much I want to say about this book! But without giving everything away all I can say is that this one is hot! Liz is so amazing she's given me a new love for Texas. Considering I've lived there for the last 14 years that's saying something! This story will rip your heart out. Make you laugh, smile, blush, and sweat. And you'll love every second of it. I say this often but I really do hope you'll give Kate and Rick a chance!
Sharon
I loved it! Turned out the way I thought it would but even better.. kind of a tearjerker. You had to root for Kate right from the beginning and her blackmail scheme.. and Rick's problems, gosh, where did they come from?! I thought he had it together but what do I know. Excellent romance with an excellent ending.
Rita Henuber
Feb 06, 2011 Rita Henuber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! The author creates characters you want to call up and chat with and a story you will be thinking about for a long time
Judy Jarvie
I enjoyed A Little Texas. She's full of sass, he's super hot and usually super wary. I liked the heroine's vulnerable side and his protector role. I will read Liz Talley again (this is my first!)
Pam
Sep 01, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-challenge
Loved the Heroine. She was strong and spunky. The Hero was perfect bad boy gone fantastic.
Amy Bridges
Jun 25, 2011 Amy Bridges rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun one from my friend Liz!
Bev Pettersen
Feb 11, 2011 Bev Pettersen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book in one sitting!
Mary Pitre
Jan 08, 2014 Mary Pitre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Can't wait to read other books in this series.
Beckey
Beckey rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2013
Kat Cantrell
Kat Cantrell rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Jenn
Jenn rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2013
Mindin
Mindin rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Carly
Carly rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2010
Alyssia
Alyssia rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2011
Christy
Christy rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2012
Angel
Angel rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2011
Shea Berkley
Shea Berkley rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2011
Paula
Paula rated it it was ok
May 24, 2013
Sarina
Sarina rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2014
Darynda Jones
Darynda Jones rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2011
Mar
Mar rated it really liked it
May 31, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
I unashamedly read, write and love romance books. I adore the weight of a book in hand and the anticipation of a happy ending. I love the journey, the word play and the magic of story. Nothing's better than reading a good book...except writing one. You can learn more about me and my award-winning romances at http://www.liztalleybooks.com
More about Liz Talley...

Oak Stand (5 books)
  • Vegas Two-Step (Oak Stand, #1)
  • The Way to Texas (Oak Stand, #2)
  • A Taste of Texas (Oak Stand, #4)
  • A Touch of Scarlet (Oak Stand, #5)