Start by marking “Release” as Want to Read:
Release

Release

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  22 reviews
“The ends justify the means”...

For vampire Miranda Dandridge, using her supernatural abilities to rescue children from impossible circumstances is her means to be a part of the human world that she loves so much, despite the atrocities of WWII.

For doctor Ben Gongliewski, saving his fellow Jews from the horrific death camps is an end for which he risks his own life every da
Published January 4th 2013 by Visionary Press Cooperative (first published January 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Release, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Release

Lillie Roberts
The year is 1944, the setting Poland in the mist of German occupation. Nazis are routing out the last of the Jewish sympathizers, resistance fighters, who have been doing their best to save the last few Jewish survivors that are left in hiding, mostly children. The war is coming to it's fateful conclusion that the resistance is struggling to prevent, the destruction of more people anyway it can. And some of Hitler's followers want even more devastation.

Miranda, Vanessa, and Rose have been workin
Grace
The first time I read Release by Nicole Hadaway, the quality of writing jumped off the screen. This is a story with a meaning and relevance often missing from the plethora of fluffy vampire novels available. The novel opens in wartime Ireland, introducing us to the very nature of the vampires, for in Release vampires feed on humans and hold themselves apart from humanity.

Chapter by chapter we are introduced to the vampires, demons and werewolves that populate the colourful mytholoy created by M
Shellie (Layers of Thought)
Feb 18, 2010 Shellie (Layers of Thought) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Horror and Vamp lovers and those with WWII occult interests
Recommended to Shellie (Layers of Thought) by: Nicole Hadaway
Synopsis:

Set in war torn Europe during WWII where a group of otherworldly women – a vampire, a werewolf, and a demon - help the resistance move Jewish children to safety. They team up with an incognito Jewish doctor as they make their way across the countryside. The cast goes on to include a witch, fallen angels, a lesbian couple, and an interesting concept of the devil himself. Throw in a male vampire and demon, a priest fallen to the dark side and you have a complex set of characters, where so
JoAnne Kenrick
UPDATE: Re-read the updated, re-released release -- from the cover to, well, everything! All the little differences made the whole experience even that much more enjoyable. I seriously recommend a read if you enjoy vampire historical epic novels. This is going in my to-re-read AGAIN pile!

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

Release was a well researched, beautifully written epic story that I heartily enjoyed. The character development was so excellently executed. I was certainly invested in the story, and felt my
Giselle
Dec 11, 2012 Giselle marked it as to-read
Sign up for the Release book blitz!
W.J. Howard
A really good mix of vampires, werewolves and demons, set during World War II. There was a lot of research put into this novel, if you're into the origin of evil. Made the read more enjoyable.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. I am not a fan of WWII and the Nazi's but this book took on so many other aspects that I could not pout it down. I love history but that is one part of history I truly hate reading about. I can't imagine what the Jewish people were feeling or how they even survived. But Nicole does this book with such class that I just could not pout it down.

Miranda and her friends are saving children from this vicious war. They are the only ones that can be s
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
This book was part of a blog tour, I received a copy for my honest review

This book is set during WWII Miranda and her small group of friends have been helping to rescue children, on one of the nights Ben and Mirandas paths cross and it changes everything for the two of them. This book is wonderfully written, you can tell the author put a lot of time and research into every aspect of it. This book is not the your average paranormal romance book, the issues it deals with are real and relevant. The
Merin
When I first saw the blurb for Release via Giselle's book tour emails, I was immediately intrigued and knew I had to sign up to be part of the tour. I have a huge interest in literature that deals with World War II and, more specifically, the Holocaust, because while the tales from the camps are brutal and heartbreaking, and make you question just how evil individuals can be, the stories of survival and strength that are shared with the readers really touch me in a way I can't put into words. Ad ...more
Nicole Hadaway
Oct 03, 2009 Nicole Hadaway rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote this book so of course, I loved it! It's got everything I wanted in a book about vampires, demons, witches, and fallen angels.
Sagi
It took me a very long time to get into this book because it was hard for me to relate to the characters. I live in a time where things are completely different: its hard for me to grasp the fear, hatred, and love some of these characters felt and the intensity in which they felt them. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole story line. There are highly intense moments that make the book hard to put down but also there is alot of slower parts that made the book hard to pick back up.

Its a v
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Original review here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2013/04/xpresso-book-tours-presents-indie-book.html

Release is a story that follows a woman named Miranda. She and her friends, Rose and Vanessa, help rescue children bound for concentration camps. The kids have been left behind or in hiding. Since it is during World War II, they must be careful or the children will be killed. But Miranda and her friends can take care of themselves just fine. Miranda is a vampire who cares about humankind.
Rachelia (Bookish Comforts)
I’m not going to spend too much time presenting a summary of Release by Nicole Hadaway because the blurb provided by the publisher does a nice job of it. At the very basis you have a vampire, Miranda, who is sympathetic to the plight of Jewish children during the Holocaust, and Ben, a Jewish doctor involved in the Resistance efforts against Hitler’s Final Solution. Ultimately, their paths cross, and they begin working together. Along the way there is a slew of other characters, both human and pa ...more
Lelia Taylor
Wanted: a vampire, a demon and a werewolf willing to become heroes. Sparklies need not apply.

Whoa. Release is not like any other supernatural story I've ever read. How is it possible to reconcile the vicious behavior of these creatures with their desire to help save one human at a time from an evil that's worse than their own? And yet, there it is, and I applaud this author for taking a brilliant idea and bringing it to life.

Miranda Dandridge is the most empathetic vampire I can recall, especial
Tanja Brewer
I didn't really understand the cover of Release when I first saw it but I was drawn to it. First glance I knew Vampire was key because of the blood on her lip but everything else didn't make much sense until I was reading into the book more. Nicole did such an amazing job of intertwining facts and fiction and human to well inhuman (The Fallen, Vampires, Werewolves, Demons, and Nazis..... yea I know right Nazis!) The amount of research put into Release is amazing and I have to say that adding tru ...more
Julie S.
What do you get when you put together vampires, fallen angels, demons, a werewolf and humans and throw in a Nazi war? A really awesome story. I really liked the characters, and thought it was an interesting touch to have the story be told in third person from various characters' points of view except for one character in first person (and not the main character, neat way to do it). I liked how a lot of the historic elements were based in fact ("Himmler's Rasputin" and the Wewelsburg Castle). The ...more
Lily
Because I was reading this for a tour, I fought myself from putting this down. But with so many books on my to read list, I couldn't justify it any longer.

DNF at 60%

I had zero interest in any of the characters. The majority of what I read was pure dialogue. These characters would just NOT.SHUT.UP!! .....YAWN.

The book blurb sounded amazing and the cover... oh the cover... It's just stunning. But this novel fell totally flat where I am concerned.

Had to move on.

The End.

Adriane
The quality of writing in this story is what initially pulled me in. It is a beautifully written story. But the story itself kept me involved.

This is the book to read if you like historical novels, but then again there is so much other stuff going on it is just an amazing book and so great to read! Set during WWII there is the whole Nazi thing going on, but there is romance too.

I can’t say enough amazing things about this book!
Becca
I was hooked from the first chapter.

This is an original twist on the paranormal story- a vampire, a werewolf, and a demon all working together with a Jewish human during WWII to save Jewish children from the concentration camps and/or death.

Rich characters, vivid scenery, and a pace that keeps the story moving forward. A book I really recommend!
Amy Fournier
Review coming soon.
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Buttercup1201
Buttercup1201 is currently reading it
Oct 18, 2014
Sofie
Sofie marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Jeremy Whitley
Jeremy Whitley marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Nicole Woods
Nicole Woods marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Young Adult Givea...: Release by Nicole Hadaway E-book Giveaway, INTL 1 3 Mar 29, 2013 11:04AM
  • Justice (Deck of Lies, #1)
  • Celestial Seduction
  • Angel Warriors (Archangel, #1)
  • Concealed (Concealed, #1)
  • The Lion's Den (Knights of the Darkness Chronicles, #5)
  • Forty Days (Neima's Ark, #1)
  • I Hate Picture Books!
  • The Newfoundland Vampire  (The Newfoundland Vampire, #1)
  • Searching for Whitopia: An Improbable Journey to the Heart of White America
  • The Lightning Dreamer: Cuba's Greatest Abolitionist
  • Love's Prophecy (Prophecy, #1)
  • Stepmonster: A New Look at Why Real Stepmothers Think, Feel, and Act the Way We Do
  • Strangelets
  • Someone Else's Skye (Men of Brahm Hill, #1)
  • A Bite's Tale (A Furry Fable)
  • Superman's Cape
  • Banshee Charmer (From the Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency, #1)
  • Bittersweet Blood (The Order, #1)
Avid reader, lover of education, and total geek, I make my living with my law degree, but love to indulge my creative side through my novels. I've written RELEASE, which is due for re-publication through Visionary Press in January; hopefully soon after will follow RETURN (the sequel) and REDEEM. All follow my main character, the vampire Miranda Dandridge, as she makes her way in the world owned by ...more
More about Nicole Hadaway...
New Orleans, 1842 Egypt, 1906 Rude Awakening Brooklyn, 1830