Start by marking “Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)” as Want to Read:
Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)

Wicked (Pretty Little Liars #5)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  34,675 ratings  ·  1,198 reviews
In idyllic Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four very pretty girls just can't help but be bad. . . .

Hanna will do anything to be Rosewood's queen bee. Spencer's digging up her family's secrets. Emily can't stop thinking about her new boyfriend. And Aria approves a little too strongly of her mom's taste in men.

Now that Ali's killer is finally behind bars, the girls think they're sa
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperTeen (first published November 25th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked, please sign up.

Sophie
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Hunger For Knowledge
My Liarthon with Jessica is continuing with the 5th book in the Pretty Little Liars series.

When I started my journey with the Pretty Little Liars, the more wiser people told me the best way to review is to do so after every fourth book, and they were right. There is not much to say but as I have this internal, quite obsessive, need to say something about every book I read, I am gonna give it a shot. And most likely repeat myself to death.

Let's start with the usual: Wicked was very entertaining,
Kate ❣
Wicked by Sara Shepard
Actual Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

This isn't 5 stars, because I'm still waiting for that PLL book that just blows me away... I do believe it's coming!! hahaha

I loved this instalment in the absolutely addicting PLL series!
This book was full of creepiness, intense moments, friendships, and not so much 'friend'ships...

I loved getting to see more of Kate she has a great name and Hanna's relationship, it was so interesting.
The matter going down with Aria and Xavier was also really inte
Meg
Geraldine O'Hagan
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

Ian Thomas is in jail awaiting trial and the girls are able to relax and return to their lives. Or can they??? Just when the reader thought that the mystery of A has been solved at the end of UNBELIEVABLE, more bizarre events await the girls of Rosewood.

Caroline
The addicting thing about this series is the mystery and unpredictability of it all! Who is the mysterious A? It wasn't Alison, but now Mona owned up to being A-but she fell off a cliff. Is it Ian? Is it Kate? Is it Jason?
This series is so painful sometimes to read, the way Spencer and Hanna get treated by their families. Hanna's dad and stepmom don't listen to Hanna at all. The golden child is Hanna's stepsister Kate, who is so evil that if she was my step sister I would have thrown my cleats a
Marisa
Aug 11, 2010 Marisa added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone 10+
Abby
Life is bustling in Rosewood, PA: there is a murderer on the loose; nasty girls snap at each other's throats; grown men make illegal romantic passes at teenage girls; under aged drinking goes unchecked... and just who is this mysterious A sending threatening messages to four former best friends?

Yup, that's right, it's Pretty Little Liars. Care to guess which installment this little snippet is about? I'll give you eight guesses!

While reading Wicked, I felt like I was stuck some sort of weird wor
Annabella
M
Ugh, these books are like my favorite flavor of ice cream. So delicious but very bad for me. I always wait in anticipation for each book to come out even though I know I'll just be left unsatisfied again! And it drives me crazy to the point that I just want the series to end so that I can find out all the secrets and be done with. Although I have to give points to Sara Shepard and Alloy Entertainment for keeping readers like me on a hook.

Anyways, this is the fifth book in the Pretty Little Liar
Anna Banana
3.5 stars!

Well...I can definitely see what people mean about it getting a little repetitive, much like the tv show. And I just realized there are still 10 more books I need to get through...shit. I don't know how much of "he did it...no she did it..." i can go through without wanting to punch someone.
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book 5 in the ‘Pretty Little Liar’s’ series.
Ian’s in jail, and A. is dead, isn’t she?

This was an okay story, but I’d say it’s my least favourite of the series so far.

We had some new characters in this story, including Hanna’s step-sister Kate, who turned out to be a real girl-dog, and a new love interest for Aria, who also turned out to have some strange ideas when it came to family relations.
The storyline seemed to have moved on a bit from the ‘A’ bu
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Series Congruity: 10
Writing: 8

Total: 8.5

In Depth

Best Part: The flow is well done!
Worst Part: Nothing too major happened.
Overall Feels Felt: Bitches gonna get it; Oh snap; OHHHHHHHHH

Conclusion

Continuing the Series: yep!
Recommending: sure
Misc.: Trigger Warning; eating disorder mentioned.

Short Review: I knew
Kate
Here's the thing about PLL books, they are the perfect weekend read and then when you think "I'm not going to read the next one", she hits you with a cliffhanger.
Sydney Chapters
This is a 5 star PPL book but a 4 star book...if that makes sense. This is my second time reading this one and ahhhh...was it good. LOL
Serene Godina
Sometimes things aren't always what it seems. Four girls from a place called Rosewood had a friend that was murdered. They thought the murderer was Ian Spencer's sister's boyfriend who was also Alison's boyfriend. All four of these girls were having family, friends, and boyfriend drama but they weren't as close of friends as they used to be so they don't like talking about it with each other. All of them had been getting threatening texts from a person who goes by the name of "A" but they thoug ...more
Janelle Dazzlepants
Wdebo5487
When I first saw "Wicked" on my library's shelves I nearly had a heart attack because I was so excited to read it. When I started it seemed calm, nothing much over the toply scandelous/exciting. At first I was disappointed, the problems that occured seemed childish and, to put it simply, pitiful. However, after a bit, the conflicts intensified and well, it got so addictive like any other Pretty Little Liars book.

I am not a big fan of Spencer, she is so, ugh, I don't know how to explain it, she's
Charlynn
Several months have passed since Ian's arrest and the reveal that Mona was A and her subsequent death, but the Liars' secrets are nowhere near as cold and as frozen as the winter Pennsylvania weather. Aria has a new love interest... only he's the same guy her mom's dating; Emily is once more confused about her sexuality and dating a boy; Hanna is making nice with her step-sister in an attempt to ruin her before she can be hurt; and Spencer is uncovering her family's secrets after her grandmother ...more
Johnzel Babijes
Ian Thomas is in jail awaiting trial and the girls are able to relax and return to their lives. Or can they??? Just when the reader thought that the mystery of A has been solved at the end of fishy, more bizarre events await the girls of Rosewood.

Hanna, Spencer, Emily, and Aria slowly try to settle back into their normal lives. Hanna is working through the trauma of learning that her best friend tried to kill her. She tries to live with her soon-to-be step-sister, Kate, and build up new friends
Maddy Waddell
In “Wicked” by Sara Shepard Aria meets a guy named Xavier and totally falls for him. Her mom later on is in a relationship with him and lets just say Aria’s world takes a big turn. Hanna’s step-sister, Kate, is turning out to be an evil step-sister towards her by fooling with her only friends at his point. Emily meets her new boyfriend, Issaic, and tells him all her problems that are occurring and he is attempting to help. Spencer is beginning to think that she is adopted because her older sist ...more
Vanessa
The big problem is that this book has the same plot as the rest of the books in this series. It really feels like all of the girls are repeating the same mistakes that they made before. The entire book feels like filler. Not a whole lot happens in this book. Structurally, this book is very similar to the previous book. It really emphasizes the feeling that this series has told this same story before. When the same things happen to characters over and over again, it just isn't trashy fun anymore. ...more
Tiny Pants
Oooohh man. I bought this in hardcover because I found it cheaply, but I should have waited, because now I'm going to have to get the next one as soon as it comes out in hardcover (which already isn't till June!). I'd just read Unbelievable, and read this one on a transcontinental flight -- yes, with my mouth hanging open like a dumbass pretty much the whole time, because every time I'd shut it something else would happen that I'd find absolutely jaw-dropping!

I'm still consistently astonished w
Charlene
Talk about milking the Pretty Little Liars series! All of the dilemmas, sexual angst, "who's going out with who" deal should have been resolved a long time ago. I no longer care what type of salad you're eating Hanna, or if you're a lesbian or not, Emily. I was in the middle of a sentence when I said to myself, "what do I gain from reading this?" The revelation of the previous A was not surprising, the girls make pretty stupid decisions for people who are supposedly "smart," and the characters h ...more
Sharon Mariampillai
The ending did hold a few surprises, which made me increase my rating from a 3.5 to 4. It will be interesting to see where the story goes from here. The flow of the story was very good, but nothing major really happened. Each book lines up with the next one. Can't wait to continue the series. I recommend it to the fans of the PLL tv show.
Mark Almighty
Wicked is like the second half of the Pretty Little Liars series. Now that they know who A is, and A died, and they finally knew who killed Ali... the lives of our little liars started to change.

Aria met another older guy... who's also dating her mom!
Emily decided to skip the fence and become a real girl again!
Hanna is already living with Kate, her evil step sister!
Spencer is still trying to regain the trust of her family after that Golden Orchid thing. And she found out something that will chan
Erin
This book was pretty good; about on par with the other Pretty Little Liars I've read. The ending was something I certainly wasn't expecting, and it will definitely astonish readers. One of this book's few downfalls is the way that it's plot line sticks so closely to a predetermined formula. Hanna continues to struggle with her purging and her soon-to-be-stepsister, Spencer must deal with the consequences of stealing Melissa's essay, Emily is confused about her sexuality, and Aria has fallen for ...more
Kim
I still think al 4 girls are experts on making stupid decisions, but all of them have some qualities that makes me like them. Something that causes me to feel happy whenever I see one of them.

Besides Hanna. I can't even stand being around her anymore. She gets my vote for most pathetic girl in Rosewood. She's annoying, lame, dumb, a loser and a complete bitch. I'm disgusted by her. I'm rooting for Kate to burn her to the ground. I'd even give her the matches if necessary.

However, this doesn't m
Caitlin
About 2 years ago I got the first book in the PLL series....I loved it! I told all my friends to get the books in the series because the were AWSOME! They sadly said "no they look dumb"....I should have taken their advice.

When I got up to Wicked I was so ecited! I thought it was just going to be like the other books in the series, a fast amazing read. But something came to mind when I started reading this book....every single book is the SAME THING!

Each book before Wicket took about two days to
Trier
I started reading "The Pretty Little Liars" series after my cousin suggested it to me. I was completely inthralled up until this book. I was hoping this book would be an end to such a repetitive series.
Instead the book dragged on and on making bad things happen to this character and that. I gave up.
Sara Shepard is a very talented writer, but I wish she would have ended the series sooner, (she hasn't ended it yet) because the whole series is repetitive and depressing.
A Million More Pages: 5 - Wicked (PLL): May 15 28 28 May 31, 2015 08:28PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Pretty Little Liars Series by Sara Shepard - Reading 'Wicked' from April 3rd 2015 42 38 Apr 14, 2015 08:31AM
YA lovers <3: Wicked 1 1 Jul 07, 2014 11:37PM
review 1 8 Sep 18, 2013 06:13PM
Who is on your A suspect list? 19 54 Aug 10, 2013 01:27PM
Did you suspect Ian? 3 19 Jan 12, 2013 04:30AM
  • Pure Sin (Privilege, #5)
  • Pretty Little Liars (TV Series)
  • You Just Can't Get Enough (Gossip Girl: The Carlyles, #2)
  • P.S. I Loathe You (The Clique, #10)
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She currently lives in Tucson, Arizona. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.
More about Sara Shepard...

Pretty Little Liars (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
  • Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2)
  • Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3)
  • Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4)
  • Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)
  • Heartless (Pretty Little Liars, #7)
  • Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)
  • Twisted (Pretty Little Liars, #9)
  • Ruthless (Pretty Little Liars, #10)
  • Stunning (Pretty Little Liars, #11)
Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2) Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3) Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4) Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)

“I suppose I could let bygones be bygones, forgive and forget, yadda yadda. But where's the fun in that? These pretty little bitches got everything I ever wanted, and now I'm going to make sure they get exactly what they deserve. Does that make me sound awful? Sorry, but as every pretty little liar knows, sometimes the truth's ugly-and it always hurts.
I'll be watching....