Start by marking “Dance First, Think Later: 618 Rules to Live by” as Want to Read:
Dance First, Think Later: 618 Rules to Live by

Dance First, Think Later: 618 Rules to Live by

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  172 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Timeless in their wisdom, thought-provoking in their message, surprising in their truth and memorable in their originality, the right words can give direction, inspiration, and sometimes a tangible boost onto the right path. For example, Steve Jobs once read “Stay hungry Stay foolish” on the back cover of The Whole Earth Catalog, and those four words came to guide his life ...more
Published February 24th 2011 by Workman Publishing Company (first published February 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dance First, Think Later, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance First, Think Later

Hadi Wijaya
Jan 17, 2013 Hadi Wijaya rated it really liked it
Well I can't say I read it as a book since it contains quotes. I read several quotes a day and sometime there is good quote which relate with my situation and somehow enlighten me.

The quotes itself is not popular quotes I used to read/hear in my life. Most of them is new for me and almost all of them is being said by just ordinary person who work some profession. Some of it is a very common sentences actually which somehow when correct person at the correct time say it, it become a very powerfu
Lenore Webb
Mar 06, 2011 Lenore Webb rated it really liked it
Dear Hubby is always saying nice things to me. That is great but I was not at all use to it when we first met. I did not know how to accept a compliment. So I made it into our personal joke. He would say something nice and I would tease him that he had a lil black book of compliments. And just what page was that one on? Well over time I have learned to accept what he says as his truth to me. But we still have the running joke.

It would be nice to have a lil book to tell you of the nice things to
Rizka
Jun 18, 2012 Rizka rated it really liked it
It's an inspiring book, quoting from famous people. My favourites :
"Sometimes you have to be a bitch to get things done." -Madonna, singer

"Laugh at yourself first before anyone else can."-Elsa Maxwell, socialite

"If you do not expect the unexpected you will not find it, for it is not to be reached by search or trail. "- Heracleitus, Greek Philosopher

Pamela
Sep 29, 2015 Pamela rated it really liked it
This quirky titled, palm-sized compilation of quotes is a fun zippy read. Filled with 618 rules to live by, “Dance First Think Later” Is a great book to have on hand for just the right sentiment; little pearls of wisdom to fit just about every mood and situation.

Inspirational Pearls: “Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Desmond Tutu

‘Tasty’ Tidbits: “Life is half delicious yogurt, half crap, and your job is to keep th
Alaa Al-hindi
Mar 07, 2015 Alaa Al-hindi rated it it was amazing
One perfect little book !
A variety of quotes combining wisdom and comedy that will teach you lots of things and help you become a better person .. Some quotes will leave you thinking for a while
Totally recommend it !!!
Agnes Tan
Feb 04, 2014 Agnes Tan rated it it was amazing
A book for keeps. Loves the insight given by people of all kinds. Some are so true with humour added. definitely a good read. A good present for friends, i think.
Jina
Jan 24, 2014 Jina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lessons-learned
5 out of 5 stars!

A quick read that reminds you the little things in life and how they are important, great words of wisdom that I definitely am trying more to do now.

A book to refer to anytime, especially when you are thinking to much.
ALWAYS DANCE FIRST. THINK LATER!
Nur
Feb 03, 2015 Nur rated it it was amazing
425 pages of great quotes..
one of my fav is "All is well, practice kindness, heaven is nigh."-Jack Kerouac, Writer
Wambugu Clement
Apr 19, 2014 Wambugu Clement rated it it was amazing
Pearls of wisdom!
Ayu Meintari
Jan 24, 2014 Ayu Meintari rated it it was amazing
every page was made me so curious, usually i read a book spent 2 weeks or more,,this book only few hours,,,:))
Yogi Saputro
Buku ini berguna kalau mau bikin quote yang bisa dishare di media sosial. Sisanya adalah kutipan perkataan para orang hebat di bidangnya.
Quote disini berbahaya kalau ditelan mentah-mentah. Sebab orang yang mengatakannya mengerti bobot dari kata-katanya sedangkan pembaca awam tidak.
Yah mungkin saja ada beberapa yang cukup menginspirasi.
Rebecca
Dec 01, 2013 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a birthday gift from a friend, and it couldn't have been a better fit. I love quotes and enjoy pondering their deeper insights. This book had a wide variety of quotes about a wide variety of subjects. Very cute and nice to go back to every now and then for a little advice or 'pick me up'.
Gwen
Aug 13, 2011 Gwen rated it it was amazing
One of the funniest, most inspirational books I've ever read. All quotes by the famous and the anonymous. I loved it and many of my friends can say the same. I quote it often and it inspired me. Hilarious and interesting!
Nikka Calindas
Mar 29, 2013 Nikka Calindas rated it really liked it
Some quotes I can live with and some quotes that I simply can't agree with. 'Dance First, Think Later' is a perfect book for those who always contemplate what life is really about.
Archa
Jun 24, 2012 Archa rated it really liked it
Hilarious book!
It makes me believe that my decision to take a break from the fast, endless circling and full-of-drama job is not a bad decision after all...
Love it!
Shirren lim
Dec 03, 2012 Shirren lim rated it really liked it
Wonderful little book full of quotes (rules) to live by :)

Rule no 109 : Sometimes you have to be a bitch to get things done ~ Madonna ...lol
Sima
Nov 24, 2014 Sima rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very light book, contains a good collection of quotes. You'll be inspired by some. Sure.

Highly recommended
Alla Khawaji
May 22, 2013 Alla Khawaji rated it really liked it
I own this book its present from my husband. I need this kind of book these days. It makes me happy and optimistic.
Levine
Sep 21, 2013 Levine rated it really liked it
I like this book. Well anyway this book contains of quotes. I read them, and HIGHLIGHTED several of them .
Donna Jean
Jul 07, 2012 Donna Jean rated it it was amazing
What a breath of fresh air! Some days you just need a laugh or to be grounded again. Loved this one.
Michelle Lampinen
Jun 17, 2012 Michelle Lampinen rated it it was amazing
I love books like this- lots of wit and wisdom...good reminders of the important things in life.
Deni Aria
Jul 26, 2013 Deni Aria rated it really liked it
It is very a handy manual book for surviving the life that the trivial words may get so inspiring !
Nickolette
Sep 14, 2012 Nickolette added it
Shelves: non-fiction
Yes, I do own this book. I got it for my birthday and it is the sweetest present.
E. Mellyberry
Dec 23, 2012 E. Mellyberry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: got-a-copy
Made me laugh, made me think... mostly helped me see priorities.
Mimie Dy
Jan 03, 2013 Mimie Dy rated it really liked it
"Sometimes you have to be a bitch to get things done." -Madonna
Linda Tjendi
Mar 02, 2012 Linda Tjendi marked it as to-read
The 5 stars rate n the title attracted me :) .. to-read ..
Nok Jolie
Sep 08, 2013 Nok Jolie rated it really liked it
bagus! penuh motivasi dengan kata-kata yang simple!
Intan
Dec 01, 2014 Intan rated it really liked it
This book brings me everywhere with everyone...
Tidar Rachmadi
Mar 17, 2012 Tidar Rachmadi rated it liked it
Stay hungry. Stay foolish. Epic!
حنان
Oct 08, 2014 حنان rated it liked it
لطيف خفيف ، يؤخذ منه ويُرد
  • Questions Young People Ask. Answers That Work
  • Keep Calm and Carry On
  • Our Voices, Our Visions
  • Why Pandas Do Handstands: And Other Curious Truths about Animals
  • Moments: Pulitzer Prize-Winning Photographs: A Visual Chronicle of Our Time
  • Brady, Brady, Brady: The Complete Story of The Brady Bunch as Told by the Father/Son Team who Really Know
  • Storm in a C Cup: My Autobiography
  • Indonesia Mengajar 2
  • The Crazy Game
  • حول العالم
  • If I'd Known Then: Women in their 20s and 30s Write Letters to Their Younger Selves
  • My Take
  • 101 Creative Notes
  • Happy Days
  • The Intellectual Devotional Biographies: Revive Your Mind, Complete Your Education, and Acquaint Yourself with the World's Greatest Personalities
  • New Kids on the Block: Five Brothers and a Million Sisters
  • Feel: Robbie Williams
  • The Wanted: Our Story, Our Way: 100% Official