Limited Liability Companies for Dummies

Limited Liability Companies for Dummies

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Flex your entrepreneurial muscle with an LLCThe previous drawbacks to forming an LLC have all but disappeared. The IRS has loosened the restrictions on entities electing partnership taxation and subsequently the states have loosened their requirements. Because LLCs are now more flexible entities than any that have ever existed, they remain an attractive option for those la...more
Published December 7th 2010 by For Dummies (first published November 2nd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Limited Liability Companies for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Limited Liability Companies for Dummies

grundoon
3.5 I needed to brush up on LLCs, and this first edition was handy. Overall it is a fairly good introduction and touches upon most major topics, though will likely raise more questions than knowledge level for anybody with prior exposure to business operations. Given the broad landscape and myriad situations and "for Dummies" style, I did not expect a thorough treatment, but a few case studies beyond a paragraph or two would have been helpful. As a primer, I'd happily round up to 4 stars, assumi...more
February Four
Too used-car-salesman for my liking. The "go register your trademark" exhortation was hard enough to swallow, but when the discussion of Nevada and Wyoming trod dangerously close to "incorporate here to give a finger to Uncle Sam" (tone, not actual wording) I dropped the book. I was reading it hoping for some extra information to round out what I get from Nolo's books, but it looks like the For Dummies franchise isn't what it used to be.
David
Generally don't care for the "for dummies" books but this one I liked. It explained everything in a non-dry manner and in just the right amount of depth for someone totally new to the concept of LLCs.
Andrew
A really good overview of the process involved behind starting up a LLC. Also the author does a decent job of laying out the case for choosing LLC vs other business types.
Dustin
It barely touches on many important topics...which is frustrating.
Bzang
Bzang added it
Sep 04, 2014
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Meredith Joyce
Meredith Joyce marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Van Flemming
Van Flemming marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Mn99m2
Mn99m2 added it
Jul 21, 2014
José
José marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014