Caught in the ACT

Caught in the ACT (PI & Men to the Rescue #3)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  947 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Mick Dawson, undercover cop.

He's got his hands full with a pushy broad who claims she's just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Except all the perps seem to know everything there is to know about her. Who're you going to believe? Only one way to find out. Get real close.

Del Piper, mystery writer.

She's as confused as he is, but mostly because he's got the sweetest smile,...more
Published December 27th 2010 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published 2001)

Karla
After a somewhat disappointing book with Alec and Celia's story, Lori Foster redeemed herself with this one. I loved him in Beguiled as a teen, and I love the grown-up Mick! Del, the women he rescues, is every bit as confident and strong as he is, and they were terrific together. Not even being shot, having surgery and still in a hospital bed was going to stop them, but you gotta do what you gotta do right? Ok, that part was a little strange for me, but after that it was very good. I really like...more
Kaycee Sapinoso
Caught In The Act was a great example of undercover/bodyguard love story and very enjoyable one. I had fun reading this. It got me hooked from the start and I just couldn't put it down, darn it!

Mick Dawson, I knew him from the book Treat Her Right as one of Zack's bestfriend (I read Zack's first) and since then I cannot wait to read his own story. Mick is working as an undercover cop, gorgeous, hot, alpha-male and kinda obsessed with the woman from his neighborhood. And when he finally decided t...more
Kerry
This was a fun mystery and I really enjoyed the characters & the story. Just a warning though for some of my friends - it's a bit heavy on the sexual side in some parts.
Jess
I read this in an anthology, and I quickly realized it was some part of a series but I had enough information to go on that I wasn't so lost that I didn't know what was going on. This was a nice story that left me wanting to read the rest of the series.

Mick is an undercover cop with a slight obsession with a woman from his neighborhood. He's out to lunch with his friends when he sees her on the street and decides it's time to introduce himself. He goes to find her only to walk straight into a ro...more
thuy
Mick’s been watching Del for a couple of weeks. He first spotted her in his old neighborhood and immediately developed a small obsession for the dreamy mystery writer. The day Mick decides to make his move, Del’s in the wrong place at the wrong time. During an attempted robbery, Mick gets shot saving Del’s life. As drawn to him as he is to her, Del offers to take Mick in while he recovers. However, things about the robbery don’t quite add up and Mick isn’t sure if he can trust Del so he keeps he...more
Kathy
Adriana Fogaça
Homens do Resgate 03.
Muito Perto.
Lora Foster.
2004.

Adorei o livro os personagens são maravilhosos e foi ótimo rever velhos conhecidos e dar boas vidas aos novos. Amei o fato da mocinha ser escritora e ainda se chamar Dalila e o Mick um fofo, mega apaixonado platonicamente.

E quando eles realmente se conhecem fiquei surpresa com todas as reações da Dalila, apesar de ser a típica escritora que quando tá inspirada só pensa no que tá escrevendo. Ela é uma pessoa que não tem medo de nada se joga sem pa...more
A.Lux
It was alright, a typical romance coming from Foster. Mick Dawson was a nice enough character, but I was actually, while reading was more interested in Josh and Zack. Honestly I’m tired of reading about characters that instantly fall in love with each other at first sight, don’t get me wrong, Foster’s an amazing writer, but it just seems now that every book I pick up now—not just talking about Foster, that characters just instantly fall in love. I think that’s one reason to why I loved reading T...more
Mrs LB
I fell for Mick immediately in Beguiled and was happy to get to his story. Definitely worth 3 stars but I added one because of the lack of games that the main characters play with each other. I really appreciate how honest they were about their attraction; both physical and sexual. (I do wish they'd added one more sex scene with an uninjured Mick though!)
I was kind of surprised at how often I chuckled or laughed out loud. I get that there is always some measure of humor in Foster's stories, but...more
Sharon
Good story and good romance...typical of Foster's books. FYI: the characters in this book, Foster's Heartbreakers and Fallen Angels have characters that appear in all stories. I didn't know that and it took me 3-4 stories to catch on. I'm a little slow. But they aren't really a series, so they aren't presented in that way. But it's fun to see the different characters. I did read them out of order because I had no idea, but it's still fun!
L8blmr
Although this story was a bit formulaic, it used a formula I normally enjoy. True, there was a "big secret" but it wasn't big enough to completely overwhelm the plot. Foster is good at making the steamy chemistry between her couples almost palpable and this was no exception, though in this book, the heroine was as aggressive as the hero. It was a nice twist to read of a woman with no traumatic past who was comfortable in her own skin and made advances as often as her male counterpart.
Denise
3.5 stars. This was a good contemporary romance. I liked Del and especially Mick, but these characters didn't seem to have the depth or complexity as the characters in her Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series.

While I enjoyed that the characters were very upfront about their emotions, it would have been nice to have more suspense, a few more bumps in the road to their romance. Except for the one major hitch, things were too neat and tidy for me.

Overall, I really enjoy Lori's romances.
Kelly
Mick Dawson is an undercover vice cop and Del Piper writes mysteries. When it appears that she knows all of the bad guys, Mick isn't sure if he can trust her or not.
Another fun romance by Lori Foster. Piper is no shrinking wall-flower and is well able to think for herself. Some nice twists and turns and interesting characters. Lots of characters that I would guess show up in other books by Foster. I'll definitely be on the lookout for those.
Joycee
What a pleasant surprise. I'm more of a historical than a contemporary romance junkie, but I must admit that I enjoyed this one. The pacing pulled me in - I was a bit annoyed with the hero when he jumped to (the wrong) conclusions about the heroine @ one point, but it was all resolved in the end. I'm thinking I'd like to check out the other characters' stories sometime.
Valerie
This is a wonderful book with a great heroine, Del, who is independent, smart and all encompassing when it comes to her love for Mick, who saves her life in an armed robbery. Mick is a wonderful hero, very protective and will do anything for his family and for Del, but it turns out that Del can save herself when the time comes. This is a great book, highly recommended!
Tamara Muehring
Loved it.

A quick yet delicious read. Enjoy.
Now onto the sequel to find out what happens for the other interesting characters!
Lara
This was my first Lori Foster book. It's a quick story about passion at first sight, with trust coming along later. Del is a great heroine, fearless and focused. She doesn't play games and is honest with both her words and actions. She is also quite forward sexually. I'm not sure if I'll read other books in this series, but am open to doing so.
Kristine
I enjoyed this story very much. The characters were charming and I loved meeting them. My only issue...

SPOILER ALERT

She forgave him way to easily! His self-loathing was nice to hear, but not enough for me. He needed to suffer her wrath a bit more.

Certainly not enough to ruin the book, just a little irritating.
Johanna
I like Lori Foster, but I don't like how the two main characters fell in love fast. Del barely knows Mick yet she lets him sleep at her home and nurses him...she's a writer, shouldn't she be worried that Mick's a sexy, male version of Annie Wilkes (from Misery). But the love making scenes were nice.
Marblezzie (Blez)
It was okay, I guess. I was quite taken with Josh and Zack actually. Though they were not the principal characters in the story... their contribution made quite an impact coz most of the time, they were the ones who makes the story funny. Without any hint of humor, the story would be quite boring!
Tamara
Love, love , love me some Lori Foster! She obsesses my daughter and me both. Great story, Mick and Del are so sweet together, even though Mick has a "I'm an ass" moment, other than that it was a great read! moving on to Hearkbreakers, and we found Dane and Alec's stories too Sqee!
Dawn ♥ romance
Enjoyable steamy story with an exciting plot that moved right along. I particularly liked that the relationship dealt with trust issues. Cop Mick protects writer Delilah during a shot out. Makes me want to read the other stories about this group of friends.
Tam
Another Lori Foster that I loved. I particularly liked Del and her attitude, but also the men in this book are great (and thank god they all get their own book!!!! Because they are fun characters).
Erin
Instead of comfort foods, I have comfort books, and this is one of them. I love rereading this book. I know there's nothing particularly amazing about it, but it just makes me happy.
Candace
Fun book. I liked the character of Delilah and how feisty she was. Learning about Mick as an adult was great since we'd just known him as Angel's teenaged neighbor earlier.
Shawn
I really enjoyed this book! Loved the spunkyness of Delilah and the humor of all the characters are just hilarious. I was not disappointed.
Kim
didn't really like the main characters. i will keep reading lori foster at this point, however, as she usually does create likeable characters.
Charlene
It was great to see young Mick (from "Fallen Angels") all grown up and finding a woman with such an interesting occupation.
Blake
this was interesting considering its a romance novel. I enjoyed the story and mystery, not over use of Hot and heavy sex.
(just) Trixie
This book was just ok for me. I didn't get into the characters and the plot wasn't real interesting to me.
Lori Foster's New Winston Story Featured in New Anthology 1 3 Dec 01, 2009 09:56AM
Lori Foster's New Winston Story Featured in New Anthology 1 4 Dec 01, 2009 09:43AM
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • And Able
  • Falling for King's Fortune
  • Charmed (Harmony #0.5 included; Winston Brothers #2 included)
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • When You Call My Name (Silhouette Intimate Moments #687)
  • His Expectant Ex (The Landis Brothers, #2)
  • Servant: The Kindred (Servant, #3)
  • Lucky Break (Lucky Trilogy, #3)
  • Smart Mouth
  • Command and Control (Holding out for a Hero, #2)
Since first publishing in January 1996, Lori Foster has become a Waldenbooks, Borders, USA Today, Publisher’s Weekly and New York Times bestselling author. Lori has published through a variety of houses, including Kensington, St. Martin’s, Harlequin, Silhouette and Samhain. She is currently with Berkley/Jove.

Lori believes it’s important to give back to the community as much as possible, and for th...more
More about Lori Foster...
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)

“Sometimes being a contrary bastard was a real pain.” 3 likes