Start by marking “Caught in the ACT (PI & Men to the Rescue #3)” as Want to Read:
Caught in the ACT (PI & Men to the Rescue #3)

Caught in the ACT (PI & Men to the Rescue #3)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  1,307 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Mick Dawson, undercover cop.

He's got his hands full with a pushy broad who claims she's just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Except all the perps seem to know everything there is to know about her. Who're you going to believe? Only one way to find out. Get real close.

Del Piper, mystery writer.

She's as confused as he is, but mostly because he's got the sweetest smile,
Published December 27th 2010 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Caught in the ACT, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught in the ACT

Karla
Jan 28, 2011 Karla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After a somewhat disappointing book with Alec and Celia's story, Lori Foster redeemed herself with this one. I loved him in Beguiled as a teen, and I love the grown-up Mick! Del, the women he rescues, is every bit as confident and strong as he is, and they were terrific together. Not even being shot, having surgery and still in a hospital bed was going to stop them, but you gotta do what you gotta do right? Ok, that part was a little strange for me, but after that it was very good. I really ...more
Taria Reed
THis was a light quick listen. The hero was all alpha dreamy, the heroine was smart but dense. The side characters were funny and interesting. I think this is like the 3rd book in the series so I'll have to double back and catch up. The only negative thing have to say is the instalove was OFF THE CHARTS.

story 3
narrator 3.5
(just) Trixie
Mar 23, 2011 (just) Trixie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
This book was just ok for me. I didn't get into the characters and the plot wasn't real interesting to me.
Kerry
This was a fun mystery and I really enjoyed the characters & the story. Just a warning though for some of my friends - it's a bit heavy on the sexual side in some parts.
Kathy
Jul 31, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, humor
thuy
Mick’s been watching Del for a couple of weeks. He first spotted her in his old neighborhood and immediately developed a small obsession for the dreamy mystery writer. The day Mick decides to make his move, Del’s in the wrong place at the wrong time. During an attempted robbery, Mick gets shot saving Del’s life. As drawn to him as he is to her, Del offers to take Mick in while he recovers. However, things about the robbery don’t quite add up and Mick isn’t sure if he can trust Del so he keeps ...more
Jess
Jul 21, 2011 Jess rated it really liked it
Shelves: lori-foster, 2011
I read this in an anthology, and I quickly realized it was some part of a series but I had enough information to go on that I wasn't so lost that I didn't know what was going on. This was a nice story that left me wanting to read the rest of the series.

Mick is an undercover cop with a slight obsession with a woman from his neighborhood. He's out to lunch with his friends when he sees her on the street and decides it's time to introduce himself. He goes to find her only to walk straight into a ro
Kaycee Sapinoso
Caught In The Act was a great example of undercover/bodyguard love story and very enjoyable one. I had fun reading this. It got me hooked from the start and I just couldn't put it down, darn it!

Mick Dawson, I knew him from the book Treat Her Right as one of Zack's bestfriend (I read Zack's first) and since then I cannot wait to read his own story. Mick is working as an undercover cop, gorgeous, hot, alpha-male and kinda obsessed with the woman from his neighborhood. And when he finally decided t
AlenGarou
Purtroppo, questo romanzo è stato una delusione. La storia poteva essere davvero particolare e originale, ma non è riuscita a ingranare al meglio. Fin da subito di può capire che Mick ha qualche problema. è un poliziotto, ma io lo riassumerei come uno stalker. S'invaghisce di una donna a lui sconosciuta e per due settimane non fa altro che osservarla mentre fa jogging. Quando decide di conoscerla, si ritroverà in mezzo a una rapina e facendo l'eroe si ritroverà con una bella pallottola in corpo. ...more
A.Lux
It was alright, a typical romance coming from Foster. Mick Dawson was a nice enough character, but I was actually, while reading was more interested in Josh and Zack. Honestly I’m tired of reading about characters that instantly fall in love with each other at first sight, don’t get me wrong, Foster’s an amazing writer, but it just seems now that every book I pick up now—not just talking about Foster, that characters just instantly fall in love. I think that’s one reason to why I loved reading T ...more
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 09, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Homens do Resgate 03.
Muito Perto.
Lora Foster.
2004.

Adorei o livro os personagens são maravilhosos e foi ótimo rever velhos conhecidos e dar boas vidas aos novos. Amei o fato da mocinha ser escritora e ainda se chamar Dalila e o Mick um fofo, mega apaixonado platonicamente.

E quando eles realmente se conhecem fiquei surpresa com todas as reações da Dalila, apesar de ser a típica escritora que quando tá inspirada só pensa no que tá escrevendo. Ela é uma pessoa que não tem medo de nada se joga sem pa
Mrs LB
Feb 04, 2012 Mrs LB rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I fell for Mick immediately in Beguiled and was happy to get to his story. Definitely worth 3 stars but I added one because of the lack of games that the main characters play with each other. I really appreciate how honest they were about their attraction; both physical and sexual. (I do wish they'd added one more sex scene with an uninjured Mick though!)
I was kind of surprised at how often I chuckled or laughed out loud. I get that there is always some measure of humor in Foster's stories, but
Sharon
Dec 16, 2009 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
Good story and good romance...typical of Foster's books. FYI: the characters in this book, Foster's Heartbreakers and Fallen Angels have characters that appear in all stories. I didn't know that and it took me 3-4 stories to catch on. I'm a little slow. But they aren't really a series, so they aren't presented in that way. But it's fun to see the different characters. I did read them out of order because I had no idea, but it's still fun!
Marianchu
Jul 14, 2016 Marianchu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una historia entretenida que compré en un kindle flash y es el tercero de una serie. Al no haber leído los anteriores me he perdido un poco con algunos secundarios pero nada importante para la historia que como suele ser habitual en esta autora está bien hilada.
Lo mismo me animo leer el resto en inglés ya que la editorial española solo ha publicado este (lo que me parece fatal)
Mi puntuación 7/10
L8blmr
Jan 30, 2011 L8blmr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this story was a bit formulaic, it used a formula I normally enjoy. True, there was a "big secret" but it wasn't big enough to completely overwhelm the plot. Foster is good at making the steamy chemistry between her couples almost palpable and this was no exception, though in this book, the heroine was as aggressive as the hero. It was a nice twist to read of a woman with no traumatic past who was comfortable in her own skin and made advances as often as her male counterpart.
Denise
Apr 20, 2012 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. This was a good contemporary romance. I liked Del and especially Mick, but these characters didn't seem to have the depth or complexity as the characters in her Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series.

While I enjoyed that the characters were very upfront about their emotions, it would have been nice to have more suspense, a few more bumps in the road to their romance. Except for the one major hitch, things were too neat and tidy for me.

Overall, I really enjoy Lori's romances.
Kelly
Dec 29, 2007 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2007
Mick Dawson is an undercover vice cop and Del Piper writes mysteries. When it appears that she knows all of the bad guys, Mick isn't sure if he can trust her or not.
Another fun romance by Lori Foster. Piper is no shrinking wall-flower and is well able to think for herself. Some nice twists and turns and interesting characters. Lots of characters that I would guess show up in other books by Foster. I'll definitely be on the lookout for those.
Kristine
I enjoyed this story very much. The characters were charming and I loved meeting them. My only issue...

SPOILER ALERT

She forgave him way to easily! His self-loathing was nice to hear, but not enough for me. He needed to suffer her wrath a bit more.

Certainly not enough to ruin the book, just a little irritating.
Kristina
Aug 20, 2015 Kristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok so I know it's a romance book more than a suspense book but I could have read a little more of the action part. what the characters did go through was great. and I love Del. I think she's great and I kinda wish there was a part 2 book just to see what she gets into next. I think the book was well written and I would recommend this book to others.
Johanna
Jul 15, 2012 Johanna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like Lori Foster, but I don't like how the two main characters fell in love fast. Del barely knows Mick yet she lets him sleep at her home and nurses him...she's a writer, shouldn't she be worried that Mick's a sexy, male version of Annie Wilkes (from Misery). But the love making scenes were nice.
Lara
This was my first Lori Foster book. It's a quick story about passion at first sight, with trust coming along later. Del is a great heroine, fearless and focused. She doesn't play games and is honest with both her words and actions. She is also quite forward sexually. I'm not sure if I'll read other books in this series, but am open to doing so.
Joycee
What a pleasant surprise. I'm more of a historical than a contemporary romance junkie, but I must admit that I enjoyed this one. The pacing pulled me in - I was a bit annoyed with the hero when he jumped to (the wrong) conclusions about the heroine @ one point, but it was all resolved in the end. I'm thinking I'd like to check out the other characters' stories sometime.
Valerie
Nov 25, 2013 Valerie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful book with a great heroine, Del, who is independent, smart and all encompassing when it comes to her love for Mick, who saves her life in an armed robbery. Mick is a wonderful hero, very protective and will do anything for his family and for Del, but it turns out that Del can save herself when the time comes. This is a great book, highly recommended!
Dawn ♥ romance
Enjoyable steamy story with an exciting plot that moved right along. I particularly liked that the relationship dealt with trust issues. Cop Mick protects writer Delilah during a shot out. Makes me want to read the other stories about this group of friends.
Marblezzie (Blez)
It was okay, I guess. I was quite taken with Josh and Zack actually. Though they were not the principal characters in the story... their contribution made quite an impact coz most of the time, they were the ones who makes the story funny. Without any hint of humor, the story would be quite boring!
Tamara
Jun 12, 2011 Tamara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love , love me some Lori Foster! She obsesses my daughter and me both. Great story, Mick and Del are so sweet together, even though Mick has a "I'm an ass" moment, other than that it was a great read! moving on to Hearkbreakers, and we found Dane and Alec's stories too Sqee!
Charlene
It was great to see young Mick (from "Fallen Angels") all grown up and finding a woman with such an interesting occupation.
Blake
Apr 13, 2010 Blake rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-unabridged
this was interesting considering its a romance novel. I enjoyed the story and mystery, not over use of Hot and heavy sex.
Candace
Fun book. I liked the character of Delilah and how feisty she was. Learning about Mick as an adult was great since we'd just known him as Angel's teenaged neighbor earlier.
Tamara Muehring
Jan 07, 2014 Tamara Muehring rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.

A quick yet delicious read. Enjoy.
Now onto the sequel to find out what happens for the other interesting characters!
Lori Foster's New Winston Story Featured in New Anthology 1 3 Dec 01, 2009 09:56AM
Lori Foster's New Winston Story Featured in New Anthology 1 4 Dec 01, 2009 09:43AM
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • And Able (Mercenary Trilogy, #3)
  • Under His Skin
  • The Private Eye / Beguiled
  • The Return of Patrick O'Rourke (Jamesville, #3)
  • Charmed (Ghost Hunters, #0.5; Winston Brothers, #2)
  • Love’s Tempting (The Love's, #2)
  • Kansas City Christmas (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #4; The Precinct #10)
  • Hot & Bothered (Marine, #3)
  • To Kiss a King (Kings of California, #12)
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • Ladies' Man
  • Family Secrets (A Cop in the Family, #1)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

PI & Men to the Rescue (6 books)
  • Beguiled (PI & Men to the Rescue #1)
  • Wanton (PI & Men to the Rescue, #2)
  • Treat Her Right (PI & Men To The Rescue, #4)
  • Mr. November (PI & Men To The Rescue, #5)
  • Uncovered (Men of Courage, #3; PI & Men to the Rescue, #6)

“Sometimes being a contrary bastard was a real pain.” 3 likes