Start by marking “Champagne with a Celebrity” as Want to Read:
Champagne with a Celebrity

Champagne with a Celebrity (Chateau Lefèvre #2)

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  67 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Beautiful socialite Amber Wynne is constantly featured in the press—usually for her spectacularly bad love life! But when Amber meets gorgeous Frenchman Guy Lefèvre at a wedding, she begins to wonder if her very public persona could be stopping her from finding love....

Darkly mesmeric parfumier Guy shuns the press, and he feels he must shun Amber, too. She might be stunnin

Published (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Champagne with a Celebrity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Champagne with a Celebrity

Saly
Champagne with a Celebrity was just an okay read for me. Guy is someone who makes perfume but a virus has robbed him of the ability to smell. While attending his brother's marriage he meets Amber who superficially reminds him of his ex-wife(not a good memory).

Amber is a party-girl, she enjoys life, doesn't hurt anyone and loves making people happy. Both Amber and Guy get into an affair and Guy finds out that she is not like his ex-wife but there is still the media which loves to cover Amber.

The
Kate
Jan 30, 2011 Kate rated it it was amazing
Despite the corny title (which seems to have little to do with the story, unless you consider socialites to be celebrities),this book was very enjoyable. It's refreshing to read an HP book where hero and heroine are likable and have realistic flaws and problems. I understood why they were attracted to each other. I enjoyed their friction and disagreements but also appreciated that for the majority of the book they were having fun and enjoying each other's company.
Jess
This was fun! And sort of novel, because outside of Laura Florand, I don't think I've ever read a book about anyone who makes perfume and the circumstances of this were very different. And again, a thing that I feel the need to keep pointing out about Kate Hardy, but this is mostly just two people who like each other figuring out how to make a relationship work. IT'S JUST SORT OF GREAT.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
This was okay. Not great. I did enjoy the glimpse into the life of a perfumerier. I think that's how you spell it. The drama wasn't too intense. The only part that bothered me was the other woman in the relationship: the memory of the relationship with his ex who the heroine reminded him of the first time he saw her. blah blah

Other than that, it was a good, quick read. They had fun together and the banter between the two was both funny and a little annoying at times...but it was all VERY LIGHT!

W
Vanessa
Aug 14, 2013 Vanessa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Amber, the press magnet, meets Guy, a parfumier, at her friend’s wedding. She is drawn to the abrupt man and he feels she is just like his ex-wife. Of course, they are just hiding behind shields that they have erected to protect themselves from others. Guy has a secret that he doesn’t want revealed and Amber only wants to help. It all comes out, but WONDER of wonders Guy believes that Amber didn’t do it intentionally.

This was a nice change, but again I needed my angst to feast upon and this one
Donna Alward
Jun 06, 2011 Donna Alward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in a duet, which begins with the marriage of the previous two characters (Red Wine and her Sexy Ex). :-) Just like the previous book was a beautiful glimpse into the life of a vintner, this one immerses the reader in the world of a parfumier. It has Kate's trademark yumminess (I am always hungry when I read her books!) and a generous helping of hot sex. :-) I zoomed through this book - it was once again like I was on a dream holiday in France.

Amber kept insisting that she was a f
Amy
Sep 15, 2013 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Boring! I stopped at page 70. This book was putting me to sleep. No drama or tension between characters. All they did was talk about food and clothing.
Bridie Coleman
Dec 28, 2011 Bridie Coleman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fab read and a sweet story. Set in the South of France in the perfumerie capital of the world. Simply gorgeous.
Mati
Jan 06, 2013 Mati rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
güzel bir bd konu olarak biraz daha değişik geldi.:D
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: One Night at a Wedding
Justine Mendez
Brutal!!!! Y el final me encanto!!! :)
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 15, 2016
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
Bam Harlequin-Junkie
Bam Harlequin-Junkie marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Namiria
Namiria marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
Sarah Mizanin
Sarah Mizanin rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Kath
Kath added it
Sep 13, 2015
Charli ღ Denae
Charli ღ Denae marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Deborah Cindy
Deborah Cindy marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Erin McDonough
Erin McDonough marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Lynn
Lynn rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2015
J
J marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Alison
Alison rated it liked it
May 13, 2015
Pinky
Pinky added it
May 04, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Grace
Grace added it
Mar 18, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Kate Hardy is an award-winning author of more than 50 books for Harlequin Mills & Boon. Her novel 'Breakfast at Giovanni's' won the RNA Romance Prize in 2008 and she's been shortlisted three more times for the award, as well as for two Romantic Times awards.

She lives in Norwich in the east of England with her husband, two children, a springer spaniel called Byron, and too many books to count.
More about Kate Hardy...

Chateau Lefèvre (2 books)
  • Red Wine And Her Sexy Ex (Modern Heat)