Start by marking “The Sugar Solution” as Want to Read:
The Sugar Solution

The Sugar Solution

Featuring the Glycemic Index for Optimal Blood Sugar Control
Published September 19th 2006 by Rodale Press, Inc. (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Sugar Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sugar Solution

Susy
Sep 26, 2008 Susy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Pretty much everything that tastes good is bad for you... nothing new or groundbreaking.
Tami
Apr 15, 2008 Tami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
t seems to be a never-ending battle. We start the day with the best of intentions. Today we are going to eat right, exercise, and control our stress. Then reality sets in. We wake up late (that stupid alarm didn't ring) to a chaotic mess of getting kids off to school on time (making sure that homework actually accompanies them). Our only aim at this point is to get to work before the boss notices. There's no time for a real breakfast, exercise, or a nice relaxing meditation session. Coffee and a ...more
Diane
Mar 23, 2009 Diane rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"An easy-to-follow, drug-free program that can bring blood sugar into balance in just one month. As many as 16 million Americans are living with high-normal blood sugar. They aren't diabetic, but they are experiencing symptoms including weight gain, fatigue, depression, and poor concentration that are undermining their quality of life. Left unchecked, these symptoms could lead to more serious medical conditions such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes."

I would argue about the "easy-to-follow"
Lord' Williams
Aug 16, 2009 Lord' Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently found out that I'm a Type 2 Diabetic(May/2009). This knowledge frighten me. This condition I prayed to never experience, yet it somehow found me, and so now I must live with the fact that I have it, and I must learn how to control it, being that I wasn't doing such a great job with my body before, so it seem.

Like most people today, I searched the internet trying to find information on this disease. There was tons of information, but there were too many pieces of this puzzle to sort th
Geraldine
Sep 12, 2007 Geraldine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to be healthy
I saw this book on the library's book shelf and decided to check it out of the library. It explains why it is important to control your sugar intake. High blood sugar can cause quite a few health problems-high blood pressure, heart disease, and type II diabetes are just a few of them.

This book describes how you can control your blood sugar and lose pounds to become a healthier person. I bought the book.
Catherine
Stephanie
Jan 10, 2009 Stephanie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: help-self
At least half of this was stuff I had already read in Prevention, in one form or another...but a good reminder of what's at stake if I don't do some serious work on my health issues.

So today it has been two full weeks since I had sugar. The book helped remind me that is is the right thing to do.
Maggie
Feb 01, 2013 Maggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, health
read it straight through and will spot-read (as often as necessary) until this excellent book's ideas become second nature to me. it matters. and i'm up for it. very very thankful for the collected advice and perspective of this book. thank you, prevention magazine!
Erin
Oct 17, 2008 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got this book in a freebie bag at a marketing tradeshow. It was an easy read, but not really my cup of tea. I'm not really the 'dieting type'.
Angela
May 25, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 600s-health
Removing fructose and sucrose sugar from the diet and/or substituting complex carbs for simple sugars to provide more energy and less illness.
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2007
Christy Hayford
Christy Hayford rated it really liked it
May 17, 2015
Joyce
Joyce rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Rick Keith
Rick Keith rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Tabby Kat
Tabby Kat rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2012
Ambrose Miles
Ambrose Miles rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2013
Lisa
Apr 03, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite a few great recipes!
Tricia Mchugh
Tricia Mchugh rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2014
Mappytimes
Mappytimes rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2011
Dthomson
Dthomson rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2016
Rich W
Rich W rated it liked it
May 20, 2012
Kas
Kas rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2011
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2008
Claire
Claire rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2014
Becky Goff
Becky Goff rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2013
Catharine
Catharine rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2012
Itziar Arenas
Itziar Arenas rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Phyllis Whitney
Phyllis Whitney rated it liked it
May 09, 2014
Jacqueline Breske
Jacqueline Breske rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2014