Start by marking “Voice For The Silent” as Want to Read:
Voice For The Silent

Voice For The Silent

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Investigating and busting dog-fighting rings is what police officer Julio Herendez lives to do. Defending the innocent and vulnerable from monsters makes his day. So when he meets Paine “BB” Addison, Julio finds himself wanting to save the abused young man from the cruel world he’s also been forced to survive.

Paine exists in an environment where the weak and innocent are e
Published January 9th 2011 by Amber Allure (first published January 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Voice For The Silent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voice For The Silent

Deeze
Warning The following is a tad long and ranty (is that a word? Lol)

(view spoiler)
Ami
This story maximized drama to its fullest, bringing the big guns: the bad guys are so bad you will feel disgusted to what they are doing to the victims and the good guy is so very kind that he deserves a sainthood. Whether you like that kind of drama or not, it's up to you. As for me, I don't mind drama but I feel it's a bit too much. Oh, and the sex scene (for those of you who is looking for this) is just short in the end of the story.
Phaney
Mar 25, 2013 Phaney rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Trisha Harrington
Oh wow this book is draining, it has both happy and sad with a lot of tough sections to keep the reader gripped. I really loved this book and found it easy enough to read because I have a stronger stomach for violence than most people.

Things I loved about this book are

- Loved the way it was written!
- Julio as an individual character!
- Paine as an individual character!
- Katie as an individual character (although she was not a massive part of it, her part was still big)!
- The way the romance deve
Susan65
A love story, yes, but definitely not a romance in the traditional sense.

This is a harsh read in many aspects. Animal abuse, rape, child abuse. It was not pretty and is the main focus of the story, with the growing love between officer and victim as a side story.

Julio is a saint. Taking in not only Paine but his cousins too...and the dogs.

The parents are trash, absolute garbage. I was glad they paid in the end.

Tough story, but a worthy read.
Elisa Rolle
This novel could have been heartbreaking and horrific at the same time, but the author decided to put a “veil” a top of it, like to tune down a little the raw feelings.

Paine is a young man living a nightmare; dumped by his drugs addicted mother when he was only 2 days old in the hands of his uncle, Paine grew up in a nightmare: his uncle started to pimp him to his “business” associates when he was only 12 years old and the nightmare is still on. Paine’s uncle is managing an illegal dogs fighting
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
3.5 stars. This story is a bit far-fetched in a bunch of different directions. That aside, it's a good story about second chances and finding support and love where none existed before.

Julio cracks the case and takes in Paine and his two cousins, all of which were abused, neglected and prostituted by their family. Same family also ran a dog fighing ring, as well as meth lab and a few other horrible activities.

Julio helps the kids heal, providing safety and care. He and Paine become involved, an
Charlie Richards
This is a tough one to review for me. The hero suffers from the classic White Knight syndrome, where he likes to save the damsel in distress. And Paine makes a great damsel in distress. On the other hand, it's a very sweet love story. As others have pointed out, no, there's not much in the way of sex, but that's not really what love is about.

The plot is well-devolped, fast-paced, enjoyable, and at times heart-wrenching. The dialogue flows easily. The characters are three dimensional and true to
Gloria (censored by Goodreads)
The good guys are perfect angels and the bad guys are all evil homophobic rapists. The dogs are angels who aren't dog-aggressive unless they're being forced to fight (I got news for the author about that, I sure do!) There's no compromise... there's no dog-fighters who love their children and think fighting dogs is good family fun, there's no good guys who care about dogs but are homophobic. You either care about the welfare of dogs and are sensitive to the needs of gay people or you are a homop ...more
Awilk -never sleeps-
This book could of been wonderful. Unfortunately, it fell short in far too many areas. The writing didn't capture the emotions it was looking for, and considering the horrific subject matter, I just couldn't feel for these characters. It was just too far over the top. The author piled horror on horror, but then failed to have the characters react in any sort of realistic manner.
I am sure that this book will appeal to some readers, but I have read other authors who know how to make these sorts of
Heather♥
ElaineY
This started off okay but after awhile became over-done. Julio was just too nice, too perfect, too much and the BB a little too fragile, too vulnerable, too childlike for a twenty-one year-old, his abuse notwithstanding. I generally like this type of romances but VFtS was becoming more like a protest against child and animal abuse than a romance...and sorry, the later is what I was paying for.
Heather C
Apr 07, 2013 Heather C marked it as i-dont-think-so
Because Susan told me not to
Feliz
Paine "BB" Addison had a hard life from the start. When he was only two days old, his drug-addicted mother disappeared, never to be seen again, and left him with his alcoholic, uncaring aunt. Paine's uncle holds dogfights, cooks meth and prostitutes not only Paine, but also his underage daughters, Paine's cousins, to every man who's willing to pay for them. Paine's only friends are the dogs which he suffers with through every fight and patches up afterwards, unable to save them when his uncle de ...more
Betryal
If you're looking for a story that are continuously nothing but sex scene after sex scene then you're barking up the wrong tree or rather book if that's where you're aim is at.

I stand true in saying that I was highly impressed with this book that's about coming out on top as a winner even though life has dealt many blows in this innocent characters from the man, to the children and even to the dogs. There's many aspects of compassion, understanding, emotional trauma, acceptance and justice, but
Angela
Oct 23, 2011 Angela rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Erotica, m/m, romannce,
This is the best book by T.A. Chase that I've read so far. It made me cry (a lot) and laugh (a little) and think (hard). I was mentally and emotionally exhausted after reading this book, but I know that once I've let it settled down a little I will be picking it up once more to reread it. Paine and his cousins broke my heart, but thank goodness Julio was there to patch it up just like he did with them. I would love to read more about them and their future or even about Pedro and Santo's story. I ...more
Meggie
This was really deeply, hard plotted story. Simple excellent written book! All the main characters were truly alive. What an amazing story! I liked how the book was staged and how everything developed. I really loved, that the romance between two main couple, Julio and Pain "BB", was not rushed, undeveloped full of easy sex scenes, but staged with true affection and developed love. I LOVED the story. The romance was truly sweet and real. I could picture every step till the end.
THIS IS DEFINITELY
Marsha Spence
Excellently written story. Paine and his cousin's lives were shocking and horrifying. To be so mistreated and abused by the very people who were supposed to take care of them. Julio was such a great guy; very dedicated to his job and his love, Paine. Paine was such a sympathetic character - but so, so strong to withstand what life dealt him.
Shaz
While not an easy read due to the subject matter this was a very good read. While it seemed that at times you needed to just put aside a bit of reality overall it was very well handled.

For me, it's not my favourite T.A. Chase book by far, it was still worth reading.
TF
The book had some moments when I cringed due to emotional declarations way too early in the relationship but otherwise I liked the book.
Karen K
I really loved this but wish it was longer - would love to know more about Paine and Julio's relationship in the future. :)
Susinok
Some rough situations from dog fighting and abuse to child prostitution. However, it was a good story.
Clover
really good story about abuse and love.
Juli
Juli marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Something Shattered
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • No Good Deed
  • For Gom's Sake (Scarcity Sanctuary,  #3)
  • A Different Breed
  • A Deadly Game (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #1)
  • Into the Woods
  • Bodies of Work (Avondale Stories, #1)
  • A Promise Given (Promise, #2)
  • The Hanged Man's Ghost (The Night Wars, #1)
  • The Slayer's Apprentice
  • A Dish Served Cold
  • Clay's Challenge
  • Starfall
  • Diversion (Diversion, #1)
  • Hunter's Moon (Moon, #2)
  • Dragon Ours (North American Dragon, #2)
  • Forever  (Spy vs. Spook, #3)
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.
More about T.A. Chase...
No Going Home (Home, #1) Home of His Own (Home, #2) Out of Bounds (Love of Sports, #1) Tabloid Star (Tabloid Star, #1) Bound by Love (Bound, #1)