Sweet Magik (Klaus Brothers, #2)

Sweet Magik (Klaus Brothers #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Oskar Klaus' job is killing him. Not even his favorite hobbies (extreme snowboarding and browsing old bookstores) are enough to snap him out of his funk. It's not easy living in the shadow of four successful older brothers and a father named Santa. Little does he know that a kiss on New Year's Eve is about to turn his life upside-down.

Kiana Grant's Manhattan life is a worl...more
Published November 4th 2011 by The Wild Rose Press (first published November 3rd 2011)

A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa KleypasChristmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa KleypasBy Proxy by Katy RegneryA Virgin River Christmas by Robyn CarrThe Christmas Wish by Katy Regnery
Best Seasonal Romance {Christmas, Winter}
106th out of 475 books — 601 voters
Belstarr The Lost Toymaker by David JacksSnowflakes and Coffee Cakes by Joanne DeMaioChristmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa KleypasChristmas at Tiffany's by Karen SwanJingle Me by Rachelle Vaughn
Love Christmas 2010-2013
16th out of 93 books — 84 voters

More lists with this book...

Felina
Okay. This book was terrible. I'll list my complaints in bullet points for easy viewing.

1. What is the deal with the cover? Forget for a moment that its entirely to embarrassing to be seen in public with this book, forcing me to purchase it in ebook format. But the main character doesn't look like the cover picture. Well sure they are both super hot but the character is covered in tattoo's. They didn't even try.

2. The man meat in this book is not only gorgeous but also a punk looking, tattoo cov...more
Mrs. Missive
Oh Penny. You were such a tease in this book!

After falling head over heals in love with your North Pole world in Sweet Inspiration, I was ready to jump back in. Little did I know you would give me a man like Oskar. We all have a thing for the bad boy image. The care-free tough as nails chick magnet. However, we always want him to be a sensitive well-read father as well. Somehow Penny made it happen. With a green Mohawk and matching eyes, along with a short beard scruff that played in well in th...more
Christi Snow
My Review:
I ADORE a good holiday romance and no one does it better than Penny Watson with her Klaus Brothers series. This series is a five-book series about the five sons of Santa and their HEA's. This book is book #2 in the series. Book #1 was Sweet Inspiration, featured the oldest son Nicholas, and you can see my review of it HERE. Book #2 features the youngest of Santa's five sons, Oskar. Oskar is a tatted, green haired, wild child. As the youngest, he has struggled to find his place in the m...more
♡Karlyn P♡
Another great holiday romance set in the magical North Pole! :-)

((Loved the teaser for Sven's book too, can't wait.))
Gaby
Posted at Oh My Books!

Sweet Magik is the sequel to Sweet Inspiration by Penny Watson, which I absolutely loved....and Sweet Magik wasn't the exception!

This is the story of Oskar, the youngest Klaus son, and his moon Goddess, Kiana. Oskar looks like the typical young irresponsible guy, with his killer abs and his green hair. But inside, he's sweet, loves to read, and feels lonely. He's tired of dating supermodels, and not even snowboarding makes him happy anymore.

But then he met Kiana. She's a li...more
Pam
This is book #2 of the Klaus Brothers series. Mr. and Mrs. Klaus has 5 hunky sons. This book is about hunky son #5...Oskar Klaus finding his true love. I loved, loved this book. Penny has an amazing imagination! It is also about a wonderful adventure at the North Pole/Glasdorf.

The story begins with Oskar accidently making a wrong decision and upsetting Ingo (an elf). Oskar doesn't realize he's upset Ingo because he thought the elf he recommended deserved the promotion for the unique design with...more
MB
Mar 06, 2014 MB rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Do you really, Really, REALLY like Christmas?
Too many librarian stereotypes in this book making it obvious author doesn't have a clue.

P.S. Still wondering how she managed to get her MLS, being as she was a homeless child sleeping rough on the beach. Wish I could find one of those magical scholarships (if that's what it was)! Must be nice.
Jen
Just finished this read and I loved every second of the journey.
Kati (Romancing Rakes For The Love of Romance)
***original review posted at Romancing Rakes***

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause. And Oskar, Nicholas, Gregor, Wolfie and Sven. Of course, we can't forget The Mrs. Klaus. And real honest to gosh ornery elves.

Reserved Moon Goddess, meet green haired, tattooed, snowboarder Bad Boy.

Oskar Klaus has finally had it with his job overseeing rambunctious elves. He's ready for a snowboarding vacation, catch some sweet powder on Mammoth. At least that's what he's thinking for his much needed vacation u...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed By: Robin
Review Copy Provided By: Publisher

What a magical, mystical story of Santa and his sons. Ms. Watson has a hit on her hands. I loved this story and can’t wait for the rest.

This is the second in the Klaus Brothers series and usually books go from the oldest to the youngest but no so for Ms. Watson. She gives us the second story and it deals with Oskar the youngest of the Klaus brothers.

Oskar the youngest of Santa’s sons takes care of the Elves at the North Pole. He is in charge of...more
Sally
Sweet Magik is the story about the youngest Klaus brother, fun loving, snowboarder and Director of Elfin Resources, Oskar and New York librarian, Kiana Grant. As soon as they meet at a New Year's Eve party, Oskar is intrigued and desperate to find out why Kiana Grant is hiding behind glasses, baggy clothes, frumpy hairdo, librarian façade. Whereas Kiana wants to stay clear of the Bad Boy who keeps staring at her across the room and yet can't stop feeling a destined attraction to him.

After a mes...more
Shawna
Oskar Klaus is a Christmas surprise everyone should unwrap!

Oskar is the youngest of the 5 sons of Santa. He's in charge of Elfin Resources in Glasdorf. Although he may spend his free time snowboarding and rocks green hair, tats and a Dr. Suess (?) hat, there is more to Oskar Klaus. Much more.

Kiana is hiding. From her past. From her present. From her future. She disguises herself behind horrible ill fitting clothing and eyeglasses she doesn't need. Until one night at a party Oskar sees right thr...more
Heather in FL
Another fun installment with the Klaus clan. This time it was bad boy Oskar's turn to fall, and he picked someone completely outside the norm for him. He normally hung out with and attracted beautiful, willowy supermodel-types, but he'd been left feeling unfulfilled. At his brother's New Year's Eve party, he meets Kiana, who is trying so very hard to be in the background, a wallflower. But something about her draws Kiana. She had a bad experience with a "bad boy, so she tries so hard to resist h...more
Peyton Reeser
I didn't think it could get any better than Sweet Inspiration (The Klaus Brothers Series #1)but I was wrong.
Oskar's story and the charming Kiana as his love interest was witty, irreverent (but then all of the Klaus brothers seem to be wickedly down-to-earth!) and exhilarating. The backstory of the revenge filled elf with a bitter steak adds an unexpected depth to a standard romance story.
Was CRUSHED to realize I had to wait until Christmas 2013 to see how the Klaus Brother Series winds up. Shees...more
Serena
I really enjoyed this book! It was my first Christmas romance ever, so I have no basis of comparison on that front, but I thought it captured the holiday spirit delightfully. The hero and heroine are well-developed and believable, and the chemistry between them crackles. The author has a GREAT imagination for funny little details, and she constructed a charming and clever world for the hero--one of Santa's sons--at the North Pole. There were times where I could definitely picture this as a movie...more
Gina
What a fun and imaginative story! Heartbroken and struggling to recover, Kiana Grant accepts an invitation to a New Years party and meets Oskar Klaus, youngest son of the Klaus Enterprises family. What very few people know is that Klaus Enterprises is actually the toy company of Santa Claus. As unlikely a couple as they seem, shy librarian Kiana and bad-boy snowboarder Oskar share a kiss at midnight that's pure magik. But is the kiss the beginning of a love meant to last a lifetime or the effect...more
Ellen
Oskar, how do I love thee? Lol jokes aside, Oskar is a totally hot, tattoed bad boy; who lists snowboarding and reading as his interests. He also decides he's bored of supermodels before he mets Kiana.

There's a lot to love. Also the way he's devastated when Kiana leaves? Heart wrenching.

I was disappointed, there seemed to be foreshadowing for Oskar being picked as the next Santa, especially as so much mention of how much he loves spending time with kids and how good he is with them. Only it turn...more
Diane
I love the Klaus family! Such a good series. Oskar is one of my favorite brothers and was happy to read his story. I think Sven maybe next but I'm also looking forward to Wolfie's (he seems sweet & sensitive). Keep 'em coming.
Diane ~Firefly~
I'm really enjoying this series and hope another comes out this year. Oskar has some self-esteem problems from being the youngest of an over-achieving family. Kiana (love the name and the meaning behind it), has issues from her childhood and an ex and so has been avoiding men. They meet at a New Year's Eve party and hit it off, but she quickly discovers his secret (he is Santa's son) when she accidentally hitches a ride on the sleigh. I love Iago's and Gabi's stories as well, it was nice to see...more
Kari Lemor
This is the second book in the series about Santa's strapping boys. And just as the first one, this one was such a great story. You'd think the topic was silly, and there certainly are some funny bits scattered throughout, but you get so much more. The author has a way of mixing fun in with drama, steamy sex, intense emotions and in this sequel, you get danger and suspense. And the whole time, you absolutely believe everything that is happening. Must be sweet magik!

Only negative, she teases you...more
Ndulgent Bloggers
During the holiday season, I crave books that bring me deeper into the season, That's exactly what this book did. I couldn’t put the book down so I spent the evening curled up by the fire, reading... it's a tough life but someone has to do it... so what are you waiting for? Grab the first book in the series and get started. You'll fall for the magic of Christmas and Santa all over again.

FULL REVIEW HERE: http://guiltyindulgencebookclub.blogs...
Kelly
dblue
This is the second in the Klaus Brothers series. I loved the first book, Sweet Inspirations and the food centric storyline. This book with Oskar and Kiana was equally as wonderful and completely different. More mystery,elves, magik and dealing with social issues. I had not really been that touched by Oskar in the first book but I enjoyed seeing his character grow in this one.

It was a fun holiday PNR.
Julie
Heartwarming holiday romance that pairs charming bad boy, green haired, snow boarding Oskar Klaus with staid librarian Kiana Grant. As we soon learn appearances aren't always what they seem. Fun story with action, adventure, a cute little waif in need of a mother and father and some steamy love scenes too! This has everything! 4/5

glitrbug
I enjoyed last years book so much I actually remembered to look for the new one. It's a great, light read with lots of Christmas spirit and a couple sex scenes. I enjoyed the interaction between the six brothers and thought the additional characters like the elves were rounded out enough to add to the story. Fun book in a series I will continue reading in the years to come.
Nona Raines
This story was a lot of fun. It was sexier than I thought it would be (not that I'm complaining) considering it was about one of Santa Claus's sons. I also enjoyed how the elves and the magick was incorporated into the story.
Jenn Herrick
loved it! Please keep going with ur series. I wanna know about the other hot brothers
Kristi
Ok, this second book was overall better than the first. I may end up reading the other two books. Events to come weren't leaping off the page chapters in advance and the romance was a bit more balanced as well.
celticminx (aka: kristi or "k")
Great book! I loved the characters and the chemistry. Love scenes were great but I really enjoyed the over all story. It was a great read and a step up from the first book on this series.
Paws
I loved this one more than the first, so..... 6 stars?
The action/fun really ramps up when everyone shows up at the North Pole, which keeps becoming more and more awesome!
  • Any Given Christmas (Sugar Shack, #2)
  • Her Christmas Pleasure (The Merry Widows #2)
  • A Highlander Christmas
  • Twas the Night
  • Hunk for the Holidays
  • Romancing the Holiday (Kent Brothers, #3; Holloway, #3)
  • Small Town Christmas (Lucky Harbor, #2.5, Deep in the Heart of Texas #2.5, Last Chance #2.5)
  • The Christmas Knight
  • Her Dark Knight
  • Claiming Kristen (Sea Island Wolves, #3)
  • The Heart of a Hero (Spellbound Falls, #4)
  • Silver Sparks (Barringer's Pass #1)
  • Angel Be Good
  • Holiday Sparks
  • A Very Holly Christmas
  • Sex, Lies and Mistletoe (Undercover Operatives, #1)
  • Hunter of Shadows (Moonlight, #5)
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
PENNY WATSON is a native Pittsburgher whose love of romance started at the age of twelve when she discovered Gone With The Wind in the middle school library. This resulted in numerous attempts at a first novel involving a young lady with windswept hair who lived in a treehouse.

A biologist by training, Penny has worked at various times as a dolphin trainer, science teacher, florist, and turfgrass r...more
More about Penny Watson...
Lumberjack in Love Sweet Inspiration (Klaus Brothers, #1) Apples Should Be Red Lumberjack Epilogue: Christmas Edition

“Trish decided to go to New York for grad school, and I decided to join her. I wanted to study library science and work on the mainland. She generously offered me a place to stay while I enrolled in school.” 0 likes