Facebook for Dummies, Pocket Edition, Pocket Edition

Facebook for Dummies, Pocket Edition, Pocket Edition

3.13 of 5 stars 3.13  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Sign up, build your Profile, and find friends!Join the Facebook fun! These experts show you how to set up your Profile, protect your privacy, find friends and family members, join and create Groups and plan your next big Event. Here's just what you need for a safe and happy Facebook Experience.

Open the book and find: Advice for creating the prefect ProfileHow to upload and...more
Published December 7th 2010 by For Dummies (first published February 1st 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about Facebook for Dummies, Pocket Edition, Pocket Edition

Socialbookshelves.com
When you read a 'For Dummies' book, you get what you expect - a complex subject covered comprehensively in such simple language that a novice could easily understand it. And that's the problem...

See, Facebook as a platform is so intuitive and easy to use that all but the dumbest dummy can figure out how to navigate the site without any help. Of course, I work in social media, so I'm biased - however, the point still stands. Facebook for Dummies only really covers the basics, from adding a profil...more
Jennifer (JC-S)
Navigating a virtual world
One of my on-line acquaintances invited me to join Facebook late last year. Initially I hesitated, but then I figured it was worth checking out. I’m so pleased I did: a number of my friends from other online communities have a presence on Facebook and for a few of us it is the easiest way to communicate, share updates and photographs.

But wait, folks, that’s not all! By now, I can navigate my way around Facebook , have tried many of the applications and possibly tested...more
Charles
Who'd have thought that even dummies would need a 330-page book to tell them how to use Facebook? But this casual Facebook dummy learnt a lot, to add to the superficial know-how he'd acquired without really thinking about it.

So now I can tell you the difference between Pages and Profiles, Lists and Groups, and how to advertise a page (not that I expect I'll ever want to do that). I know a bit about searching on Facebook, tagging photos, and how to adjust privacy setting for apps you use.

I also...more
Robin DeJarnett
I hate to give a bad review about anything, but this book is not worth the cash. Luckily I was given a gift card, but if you're interested, check it out of the library.

The problem with so many computer books is that by the time they come out the program's been updated. This book came out last year, and facebook looks quite different, just a few months later. As a Fb rookie but computer nerd, I could translate from the old to the new, but a computer rookie would be totally lost.

So, don't buy it....more
Denielle
learned a couple of new things....
Gerry Germond
Poor. When I follow the text, what it says I'll see--ain't. What I can do is guess and ask questions of Facebook's Help section, but I certainly can't recommend it for novices. Locate this book in a bookstore, and try it there with your tablet. When the book's failures become readily apparent, quietly put it back on the shelf and rejoice over the money you've saved. To the comment that you can't expect it to be perfect, I say then you shouldn't be writing or publishing it.
Lee
Breaking down as I finally did to actually escape the cave of work/reading by joining FB, I thought I'd get a little extra help by reading a Dummies book on the subject. This book is pretty helpful though I've discovered a lot of significant changes to the website & feel frustrated that some of the suggestions in the book can no longer be applied. Still recommended for absolute beginners unless you know someone who can personally walk you through everything.
Rhonda
This book did not help me in any way. I am more proficient at using Facebook than what the book describes. For anyone who has never used Facebook then I would suggest looking through it, but if you havew created a profile, then you probably don't need this book.
Natacha
Elizabeth
Very helpful, but even though it's got a 2008 copyright date, parts of it were being outdated even as I read it (goodbye, Limited Profile; goodbye, network pages; goodbye, basic layout...).
Jakenv
Dummies books are always helpful but often out of date before published. Does not reflect current changes will be helpful in general understanding.
yoga
best book i ever reads!
Diane
By the time I got around to reading this one, Facebook had changed so much that I needed to buy a new book. So I didn't finish it.
Brent Barnard
This was a great book. But since I read it, I've already read another Facebook book, which is, itself outdated! Stop changing, FB!
Susan Poling
What was it like? Just as confusing and helpless as always. The best way to do this stuff is to follow you head and your friends.
Tony
Was helpful in some aspects but recent changes to Facebook made a bit out of date for some functions. Beginners will appreciate.
H
For the truly Facebook challanged! Some of us just don't get all the stuff going on here. I'm still confused, but getting there.
Trish
As others have said, I'm finding it helpful in some ways, but it is outdated already. New edition please!
Agent Smith
Not really that helpful since most of the screen images have changed and are not applicable.
Jack
Didn't really tell me anything I couldn't have figured out in pretty short order anyway.
Karen Henrich
There are some tips but expected more and had to buy another book.
Don
Better for reference than straight reading
Sheila
Helpful, wish it covered more for businesses.
Steven Seelig
Read this for fun. I love Dummies books.
Marvelle Morgan
I learned a few new, cool things.
Stefan Stoyanof
Stefan Stoyanof marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Megan
Megan is currently reading it
Aug 19, 2014
Ilya Yezhov
Ilya Yezhov marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Facebook link 1 2 Feb 29, 2012 10:04AM
my comments 1 3 Dec 01, 2008 12:15PM
Facebook 2e Poche pour les Nuls Facebook For Dummies®, Mini Edition Facebook For Dummies, Mini Edition Learning Online with Games, Simulations, and Virtual Worlds: Strategies for Online Instruction Switchback: Broken