Start by marking “Seeking the Sacred: Transforming Our View of Ourselves and One Another” as Want to Read:
Seeking the Sacred: Transforming Our View of Ourselves and One Another

Seeking the Sacred: Transforming Our View of Ourselves and One Another

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  8 reviews
For readers of Thomas Moore, James Hillman, and Pema Chodron-a timely handbook for these troubled times that shows how to bring depth and meaning to our lives through cultivating our connection with something greater than ourselves.

Can changing our view of ourselves and others affect the world? Bestselling author Stephanie Dowrick's major new book is a compelling look at
Published June 9th 2011 by Tarcher (first published November 201)

To ask other readers questions about Seeking the Sacred, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seeking the Sacred

Omega Writers
From our CALEB reviewers:

Seeking the Sacred will most likely appeal to the serious seeker of God’s heart - of the divine - of the sacred. The theology is multi-faith and draws on the wisdom of the ages - from Jesus and his followers over the past 2000 years, from the Buddha, from Islam and from many other disciplines.

Because of this I believe it will have little appeal to the evangelical Christian. However, having said that, on reading Seeking the Sacred I am able to clearly recognise why so man
Virginia Bryant
This is a spiritual comfort book, with lots of good quotes, such as this from Thomas Merton "“To say that I am made in the image of God is to say that love is the reason for my existence, for God is love. Love is my true identity. Selflessness is my true self. Love is my true character. Love is my name”.
Author Dowrick asks, “What would enable us to live as though we believed that? And how different would our lives be?"
Another good question she asks is how would life change if we lived it by the
Cally Jackson
What an amazing, precious and uplifting book. I bought this book hoping it might help resolve some of the unrest I’ve felt over the past years about my spirituality, and it far surpassed my expectations in this area and others. I feel it’s really opened my heart to my spiritual side again, and I am so grateful for that.

The key things I’ve taken from this book are:
* being aware of the sacred in the seemingly mundane moments of everyday life
* living my life with the philosophy of ‘do no harm’
* fe
Shelley
I really like her books and am thoroughly enjoying this. It pulls together the concept around the key of all religions and practices is the same, and that is to find and celebrate the sacred in ourselves and others. Not a religious book, more a mindful book.
Leanne Lawson
There are no particular aha moments to be found in this book. It brings together the ideas of others and comes to conclusions that have been made before. If you need an affirmation at the beginning of your spiritual journey it may be comforting.
Malcolm Mcpherson
I got about half way through and other priorities took over. However, I have no intention of finishing the book. It may be very valuable for some but I found it wordy but short on substance.
Lynnezone
This is a book to read more than once and to take your time about reading.
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Roisin
Roisin marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Rachie
Rachie added it
Oct 18, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Jorge
Jorge marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Lj Engracia seckold
Lj Engracia seckold marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Ahndrea
Ahndrea marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Intimacy and Solitude: Balancing Closeness and Independence Creative Journal Writing: The Art and Heart of Reflection Choosing Happiness: Life and Soul Essentials Forgiveness And Other Acts Of Love The Universal Heart: Bring Out The Best In Yourself And All Your Relationships