Start by marking “Second Time Around” as Want to Read:
Second Time Around

Second Time Around

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Officer Shane Caldwell responds to a routine end of shift call with some annoyance, but when she tackles and handcuffs her ex-lover and the father of her son, things turn hot in a flash. Four years before Quinn Scott disappeared to make his fortune, and she hasn’t heard a word from him. As his touch ignites old passions, Shane is torn between telling him about the son he’s ...more
Published December 27th 2010 by Decadent

To ask other readers questions about Second Time Around, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Time Around

Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict
Really sweet short read, ending seemed rushed but wrapped up nicely. Looking forward to reading more by J.M.Madden
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
Sep 28, 2011 Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter by: Karla
Shelves: novellas
"Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave."
- by Mary Tyler Moore -

Shane Caldwell is a police officer. She responds to a routine end of shift call. Shane is rather surprised when she has to realize that she tackled and handcuffed her ex-lover. Quinn Scott asks her to help him look for his prime stud. After the search is done, things are heating up in a flash… Four years ago Quinn disappeared without a word and
Karla
Really good! A short read that was sweet, but had a lot of steam.

Separated for a few years, Quinn and Shane meet again, and things heat up between them immediately. Wonderful chemistry, he is yummy and she is a little vixen. For the author's debut book it was done surprisingly well. It flowed nicely and had plenty of dialogue, which is always a plus for me. There was enough story there that this could have developed into a full length book, if author had given us a glimpse into the lives that t
Kristiej
This is the second short story I've read by this author and I found it cringe inducing. I've enjoyed her full length novels but his one? *shudder*.

I found both Shane and Quinn lacking in any real personality. And to me, Shane is a guy's name, and that was confusing. Small thing I know but it just added to the overall frustration with this book? I found their actions toward each other silly. Supposedly Quinn walked out on Shane years ago with no real explanation but the first time she sees him th
Kellie G.
Sweet & steamy!! The ending wrapped up really quickly, but that's understandable given that its a short book. I'd be interested in reading more from this author.
Mara
I will be my usual self and be the reader who disliked this book. ;)
Cardboard characters and a pretty unbelievable story did not help this novella at all. I really hate when an author writes off women as walking sex hormones, with no backbones, minds, will.

I did not expect either a novella nor an erotica book, so imagine my surprise when the leading couple jumped into the sack in the first three pages (when she has a toddler waiting home for her...). He left her four years ago, pregnant and wit
Dara Ames
I love reunion stories, and this one is so good! You'll root for Shane & Quinn from the very beginning!
Cherie Marks
Peni
Dec 19, 2014 Peni rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 14+ and mature
An excellent short story. The characters were interesting and I became vested in them. My only problem, and it's one I swore I'd never complain about, since it is listed as a novella, not a full novel. There seemed to be missing parts. The bones were all there for a complete novel sized story but had been edited down so much there were holes. This effected mostly the secondary characters, and ultimately thr story itself. I was left feeling like I was missing something.
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Sexy romp between two star crossed lovers.

Four years ago Quinn Scott broke Shane Caldwell's heart by telling her he loved her and then walked away.

Four years later Shane is a police officer that responds to a late night call at a horse ranch. After wrestling with a suspect and getting him cuffed Shane realizes its none other than Quinn and he is the new owner of the ranch.

One thing is clear from the beginning, these two still spontaneously combust in lust around each other but Shane was left w
Jamie
This is a delightful short read about second chances and how fate loves to mess with your life!
Apr 26, 2013 Sarah added it
Thank you to Decadent Publishing for the free copy as part of a giveaway.

I enjoyed this story. I love that Shane, the heroine is a police officer. I love that she had spunk but still was leery about getting her feelings hurt again.

I love that Quinn, the hero was building the house and stable of their mutual dreams from 4 years prior, before he left. While Shane didn't know why Quinn left, Quinn was trying to build a future for them both.
Tami
This was a short and sexy read. I enjoyed it, but there was so much room for more. I would've loved more of a background story and more of a build-up in the rekindled romance. One thing is for sure. J.M. Madden really knows how to write a steamy love scene. I will be a fan of hers for life.
Alison
This was OK. Not a patch on her Lost and Found series.

Its the age old story of childhood sweethearts from opposite sides of the tracks, torn apart by third parties only for her to find out she is pregnant. Four years later he returns ..
Lisa
3.5 stars. Enjoyable story about second chances. The ending was a bit sudden and would have enjoyed a longer story. Must say 'Snort' the horse was entertaining.
Monique
Monique marked it as to-read
Ilani K.wise
Ilani K.wise marked it as to-read
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Judi
Judi marked it as to-read
Hollow May
Hollow May marked it as to-read
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Marie
Marie added it
Stacie
Stacie marked it as to-read
Elizabeth Young
Elizabeth Young marked it as to-read
Tracy
Tracy is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Chance of a Lifetime
  • Lone Star Justice
  • Apples Should Be Red
  • Lessons in Indiscretion (The Merry Widows, #1)
  • Versed in Desire
  • Hush
  • The Fire Still Burns
  • Rude Awakening
  • Blue Christmas: Big Girls Don't Cry Christmas Short Story (Blonde Barracuda, #1.5)
  • The Sessions (The Covenant, #1)
  • The Devil's Match (The Devil DeVere #4)
  • Someone To Watch Over Me
  • For Want of an Angel (The Fallen Warriors #3)
  • Mine at Midnight
  • The Dare (The Chronicles of Katrina, #1)
  • Do Over
  • Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)
  • The Lady Always Wins
I don't like to talk about myself so this will be short and sweet.
USA Today Bestselling author J.M. Madden writes compelling romances between 'combat modified' military men and the women who love them. An eternal optimist, she believes there is a soulmate for everyone, no matter what the situation or physical challenge. She's written 16 romances in the past three years and has plans for many more.
More about J.M. Madden...
Embattled Hearts (Lost and Found #1) A Needful Heart The Embattled Road (Lost and Found, #0.5) Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2) Embattled Home (Lost and Found, #3)