Start by marking “Seattle Girl” as Want to Read:
Seattle Girl
Open Preview read ebook

Seattle Girl

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  495 ratings  ·  49 reviews
The first time Georgia Fulton gets behind a microphone at her college radio station (because of a guy, of course...), she's hooked. (Who would have thought she'd ever find a potential job where a boss would appreciate her big mouth?) Unfortunately, being a smart-mouth doesn't necessarily keep her from getting hurt by one guy after another.

With help from her friends - and
Published (first published January 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Seattle Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seattle Girl

Zoe
Sivan
Honestly, i was very disappointed. Its about a girl and her 2 friends finding love and careers. There were parts in it that were just weird and completely unbelievable and the ending was too neat.
Sharal Hunter
At first glance, Georgia Fulton is your typical college student. Nothing about her really stands out. One night at a frat party, she meets a guy named Bill after he spills his beer all over her. They begin talking and he invites her to join him on his talk radio show. Now Georgia feels like she has a purpose, a sense of direction for her life. However, this book isn’t about her struggle to succeed in the talk radio industry though the story centers around it. It is more about Georgia’s experienc ...more
Maria
Mercedes
Molly Peckham
Another book I got for free on the Nook (i love this machine! seriously, one of the best vday gifts I have ever gotten from Paul!), and I loved it! I was surprised, as it said it was for the teen set, but I saw it as a fast read, that took you from where the main charachter went through a transformation on many levels (from being a shy girl to an outgoing one), finding her calling in life (she stuck with being a radio host even after her parents said no way) that made her happy (and she did well ...more
Marian
Cyndi Tefft
Seattle Girl was a fun, easy read. The author has a strong, captivating voice and spending time with her characters was enjoyable. I could relate to much of what she wrote! The book would have earned 4 stars but for the fact that there were several editing issues (about two dozen, I would estimate). There were a few typos, but mostly grammatical or formatting issues (like saying access when she means axis). Additionally, the ending felt rushed. I wanted to spend more time in happily-ever-after a ...more
Continualknowledge
Pretty funny, quintessential chick lit. Woman, questioning herself and self-worth, goes through her dating life in a funny and quick manner to show us how they all have effected the person she is but will in no way continue to be. Yeah, yeah, I know there is more to Chick Lit than that but that's what I got out of this book and it was funny. So well worth the read. It was overly predictable and some awkward writing but it didn't feel like a waste of time which is always good in my book.
Renee Vincent
This was the first book I've completed that was written in first person (besides Stephenie Meyers) and I loved! Normally, I put books aside that are written this way, but Ms. Kevin did a fantastic job of holding my attention and keeping me turning pages. Her humor is awesome in this book.
I recommend this book to anyone who loves a hilarious, down-to-earth, quick read with lots of turning events to keep you on your toes. I would read this book again!
Liz Balaam
A nice lighthearted read.
Elizabeth
I don't even want to give it one star, but that's all I got. I didn't even finish it. The author tried too hard, and never got to a point. basically it was like hanging around in a self-absorbed, twenty year old's brain. There is no story to follow, just random crap that doesn't even go anywhere. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS BOOK, unless you are out of Ambien and need a quick fix.
BonnieJ
Having a hard time getting in to this book; reminds me of the story of Chelsea Handler. I guess I'll keep plugging along though, since I hate not finishing a book!

Ok, I finished it! It got better and I actually wanted to see how the Seattle Girl ended up in the end. You wanted her to find true love after all the others did not work out!

Shawna
Having just been to Seattle, I thought it would be fun to read a book that was about Seattle. The story line was okay, but the teacher in me just couldn't get past all of the errors throughout the book. References to LA vs Seattle and LOTS of grammatical errors. I could hardly keep from going to find a red pen...
Chelsea
So far I am loving this book. This girl is just like me. I am really laughing out loud and loving it!
The ending was kinda lame but other than that i loved it... however i have been hating all the endings of all my books. I think that i am just sad that it is over. I need to read another one of her books
Diane
I really liked Georgia and her friends and I liked following her love life but....there was always something missing. I wanted the ending to be better than..."the end" . I wanted to know about her true love more than the little that was written. I really needed to see the happiness :(
Kaijsa
This is a total mess of a book, but semi-fun. The protagonist, Georgia, is kind of a twit and I wished the story centered more on her two best friends. I have to admit I thought this sounded like a cute YA book when I requested it off Lendle, but it's more a like trashy chick lit.
Wendy
In my defense, I did not see the entire title of the book when I bought it. I was looking for a chicklit book that would be entertaining, but not serious. I couldn't wait for it to be over. So glad it is finished and I can find a real book to read. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!
Lori Green
Well this has all the elements of what I like: humor, my city Seattle, a radio station and chick lit. The only thing missing is good writing.

Sorry, I really wanted to like it. Just too poorly written to continue. DNF
luux_lu
La forma de escribir de la autora me ha recordado mucho a la de Sophie Kinsella. Me ha parecido un libro fácil de leer y divertido.
Me ha gustado mucho el personaje de Georgia y la dinámica que existe entre ella y sus amigos.
Brooke Moss
Funny, funny, funny....but not enough of anything else to hold my interest. Felt a bit more autobiographical than I expected. I recommend this book who wants a deep, belly laugh, but not a whole lot of romance or subplot.
Kylee
I absolutely loved this book! Lucy Kevin recently became my favorite author! I love how she changes her writing style and she just amazes me with each chapter! I absolutely loved this book! :)
Ashley
A girl in college is trying to lose her virginity. You follow her journey which is pretty pathetic in my opinion. There are so many grammar and spelling mistakes throughout the whole book.
Heidi
I dont always catch all the discrepencies in books but in this one there were quite a few -and if I was catching them...it has to lots of them and quite obvious. The story is cute though.
Amy
This was a totaly bargain book on amazon and I was at the beach. This is chick lit at it's not so best. This is about a girl that is trying to get into the talk radio scene.
Anja Mizner
Just finished Seattle Girl and must say it was pretty fun to read and I really enjoyed it. I love contemporary and romance , humor books so it fit in my category of reading.
Kim
Not a terrible read, assuming you can get past all the grammatical and spelling errors. I couldn't. I love cheesy chick lit, but this was too lacking in substance even for me.
Issa
Fun, quick read and can be found very inexpensively on Amazon for the Kindle. I enjoyed the author's writing style and I plan on checking out other books by her,
Diona Atkins
Quick chic-lit read about a young girl discovering who she is.
No, this is not really about Seattle, but the title is much more catchier than "Pittsburgh Girl" right?
jayme
May 19, 2011 jayme added it
  • How To Love A Princess
  • Suddenly a Spy
  • Black Scales White Fur
  • Comfort and Joy
  • My Perfect Wedding (Helen Grey, #2)
  • Lost Highlander (Lost Highlander, #1)
  • The Seventh Bride
  • Tathea
  • Fine-Tuning Hanna
  • Until We Meet Once More
  • Diary of a Confessions Queen
  • Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Vol. 04 (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, #4)
  • A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Historicals, #2)
  • Hollywood Scandals (Hollywood Headlines, #1)
  • A Betty Neels Christmas
  • The Marquess of Cake (Redcakes, #1)
  • First, There Is a River (Spirit of the River, #1)
  • Hans Christian Andersen's Fairy Tales
The Wedding Gift (Four Weddings and a Fiasco, #1) Sparks Fly The Wedding Dance (Four Weddings and a Fiasco, #2) Falling Fast The Wedding Song (Four Weddings and a Fiasco, #3)