Start by marking “Seattle Girl” as Want to Read:
Seattle Girl

Read eBook

Seattle Girl

3.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  612 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
The first time Georgia Fulton gets behind a microphone at her college radio station (because of a guy, of course...), she's hooked. (Who would have thought she'd ever find a potential job where a boss would appreciate her big mouth?) Unfortunately, being a smart-mouth doesn't necessarily keep her from getting hurt by one guy after another.

With help from her friends - and
Published (first published January 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Seattle Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seattle Girl

Zoe
Jul 01, 2011 Zoe rated it did not like it
Elizabeth
Jun 19, 2012 Elizabeth rated it did not like it
I don't even want to give it one star, but that's all I got. I didn't even finish it. The author tried too hard, and never got to a point. basically it was like hanging around in a self-absorbed, twenty year old's brain. There is no story to follow, just random crap that doesn't even go anywhere. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS BOOK, unless you are out of Ambien and need a quick fix.
Sivan
Jun 05, 2011 Sivan rated it it was ok
Honestly, i was very disappointed. Its about a girl and her 2 friends finding love and careers. There were parts in it that were just weird and completely unbelievable and the ending was too neat.
Sherri Hunter
Feb 14, 2012 Sherri Hunter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
At first glance, Georgia Fulton is your typical college student. Nothing about her really stands out. One night at a frat party, she meets a guy named Bill after he spills his beer all over her. They begin talking and he invites her to join him on his talk radio show. Now Georgia feels like she has a purpose, a sense of direction for her life. However, this book isn’t about her struggle to succeed in the talk radio industry though the story centers around it. It is more about Georgia’s experienc ...more
Maria
Nov 26, 2014 Maria rated it it was ok
Mercedes
Feb 01, 2013 Mercedes rated it liked it
Molly Peckham
Jul 22, 2011 Molly Peckham rated it it was amazing
Another book I got for free on the Nook (i love this machine! seriously, one of the best vday gifts I have ever gotten from Paul!), and I loved it! I was surprised, as it said it was for the teen set, but I saw it as a fast read, that took you from where the main charachter went through a transformation on many levels (from being a shy girl to an outgoing one), finding her calling in life (she stuck with being a radio host even after her parents said no way) that made her happy (and she did well ...more
Marian
Apr 05, 2015 Marian added it
Cyndi Tefft
Mar 30, 2011 Cyndi Tefft rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Seattle Girl was a fun, easy read. The author has a strong, captivating voice and spending time with her characters was enjoyable. I could relate to much of what she wrote! The book would have earned 4 stars but for the fact that there were several editing issues (about two dozen, I would estimate). There were a few typos, but mostly grammatical or formatting issues (like saying access when she means axis). Additionally, the ending felt rushed. I wanted to spend more time in happily-ever-after a ...more
Marla Jo
Mar 03, 2016 Marla Jo rated it did not like it
Painful....
Continualknowledge
Pretty funny, quintessential chick lit. Woman, questioning herself and self-worth, goes through her dating life in a funny and quick manner to show us how they all have effected the person she is but will in no way continue to be. Yeah, yeah, I know there is more to Chick Lit than that but that's what I got out of this book and it was funny. So well worth the read. It was overly predictable and some awkward writing but it didn't feel like a waste of time which is always good in my book.
Renee Vincent
Mar 16, 2012 Renee Vincent rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I've completed that was written in first person (besides Stephenie Meyers) and I loved! Normally, I put books aside that are written this way, but Ms. Kevin did a fantastic job of holding my attention and keeping me turning pages. Her humor is awesome in this book.
I recommend this book to anyone who loves a hilarious, down-to-earth, quick read with lots of turning events to keep you on your toes. I would read this book again!
Liz Balaam
Sep 20, 2014 Liz Balaam rated it really liked it
A nice lighthearted read.
BonnieJ
Having a hard time getting in to this book; reminds me of the story of Chelsea Handler. I guess I'll keep plugging along though, since I hate not finishing a book!

Ok, I finished it! It got better and I actually wanted to see how the Seattle Girl ended up in the end. You wanted her to find true love after all the others did not work out!

Shawna
Apr 14, 2011 Shawna rated it it was ok
Having just been to Seattle, I thought it would be fun to read a book that was about Seattle. The story line was okay, but the teacher in me just couldn't get past all of the errors throughout the book. References to LA vs Seattle and LOTS of grammatical errors. I could hardly keep from going to find a red pen...
Chelsea
So far I am loving this book. This girl is just like me. I am really laughing out loud and loving it!
The ending was kinda lame but other than that i loved it... however i have been hating all the endings of all my books. I think that i am just sad that it is over. I need to read another one of her books
Diane
May 01, 2011 Diane rated it liked it
I really liked Georgia and her friends and I liked following her love life but....there was always something missing. I wanted the ending to be better than..."the end" . I wanted to know about her true love more than the little that was written. I really needed to see the happiness :(
Kaijsa
Jan 10, 2013 Kaijsa rated it it was ok
This is a total mess of a book, but semi-fun. The protagonist, Georgia, is kind of a twit and I wished the story centered more on her two best friends. I have to admit I thought this sounded like a cute YA book when I requested it off Lendle, but it's more a like trashy chick lit.
Wendy
Apr 11, 2012 Wendy rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2012
In my defense, I did not see the entire title of the book when I bought it. I was looking for a chicklit book that would be entertaining, but not serious. I couldn't wait for it to be over. So glad it is finished and I can find a real book to read. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!
Lori Green
Jun 13, 2011 Lori Green rated it did not like it
Well this has all the elements of what I like: humor, my city Seattle, a radio station and chick lit. The only thing missing is good writing.

Sorry, I really wanted to like it. Just too poorly written to continue. DNF
luux_lu
Dec 11, 2011 luux_lu rated it liked it
La forma de escribir de la autora me ha recordado mucho a la de Sophie Kinsella. Me ha parecido un libro fácil de leer y divertido.
Me ha gustado mucho el personaje de Georgia y la dinámica que existe entre ella y sus amigos.
Brooke Moss
Jul 16, 2011 Brooke Moss rated it liked it
Funny, funny, funny....but not enough of anything else to hold my interest. Felt a bit more autobiographical than I expected. I recommend this book who wants a deep, belly laugh, but not a whole lot of romance or subplot.
Kylee
Mar 16, 2012 Kylee rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! Lucy Kevin recently became my favorite author! I love how she changes her writing style and she just amazes me with each chapter! I absolutely loved this book! :)
Ashley
Sep 11, 2011 Ashley rated it did not like it
A girl in college is trying to lose her virginity. You follow her journey which is pretty pathetic in my opinion. There are so many grammar and spelling mistakes throughout the whole book.
Heidi
Mar 13, 2011 Heidi rated it it was ok
I dont always catch all the discrepencies in books but in this one there were quite a few -and if I was catching them...it has to lots of them and quite obvious. The story is cute though.
Amy
May 24, 2011 Amy rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011-books
This was a totaly bargain book on amazon and I was at the beach. This is chick lit at it's not so best. This is about a girl that is trying to get into the talk radio scene.
Anja Mizner
Oct 24, 2011 Anja Mizner rated it really liked it
Just finished Seattle Girl and must say it was pretty fun to read and I really enjoyed it. I love contemporary and romance , humor books so it fit in my category of reading.
Kim
May 15, 2011 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Not a terrible read, assuming you can get past all the grammatical and spelling errors. I couldn't. I love cheesy chick lit, but this was too lacking in substance even for me.
Issa
Jun 30, 2011 Issa rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Fun, quick read and can be found very inexpensively on Amazon for the Kindle. I enjoyed the author's writing style and I plan on checking out other books by her,
Diona Atkins
Apr 19, 2012 Diona Atkins rated it liked it
Quick chic-lit read about a young girl discovering who she is.
No, this is not really about Seattle, but the title is much more catchier than "Pittsburgh Girl" right?
  • My Perfect Wedding (Helen Grey, #2)
  • Hollywood Scandals (Hollywood Headlines, #1)
  • Insider Dating
  • Chaperones
  • The Bitch-Proof Suit
  • Hollywood in Heels: A Small-Town Girl's Adventures in Tinseltown
  • Rescue Me
  • The Happy Ever Afterlife of Rosie Potter (RIP)
  • Suddenly a Spy