Start by marking “Daniel X: The Manga, Vol. 2 (Daniel X: The Manga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Daniel X: The Manga, Vol. 2 (Daniel X: The Manga, #2)

Daniel X: The Manga, Vol. 2 (Daniel X: The Manga #2)

In the sleepy town of Holliswood, a twisted alien TV producer is using his powers to throw the town into chaos - and documenting every minute of it. Fresh from his victory over Number 6, Daniel X is the only one who can stop this made-for-TV tyrant, but the devilish director has other plans. He wants to film the most spectacular finale the world has ever seen, starring ...more
Published July 26th 2011 by Yen Press (first published May 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Daniel X, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daniel X

Olivia Williford (LivTheBookNerd)
Dialogue cheesy, story kind of predictable, art really well drawn, plot line interesting
4/5 stars
TheTinFoilHatter
Dec 04, 2016 TheTinFoilHatter rated it liked it
What would you do if the worst book series you'd ever read was adapted with some of the prettiest art you've ever seen? What I'd do is read through it and attempt to respond to it with a review.
This artist is incredibly good, but I think their talents should be put to better use than adding to this awful, awful piece of writing.
Ak
Oct 26, 2016 Ak rated it really liked it
why cant i find more volumes, if memory serves me right, i found up to 6 volumes.
Quin P
Sep 21, 2016 Quin P rated it it was amazing
Really good, I love science fiction books and this was the perfect book!
Sathursan.K
Feb 19, 2013 Sathursan.K rated it really liked it
The book "Daniel X Vol.2" talks about how Daniel X is searching for number 5 after defeating number 6 last time. This time, the alien is living in the mysterious town of Holliswood. He meets number 5 and number 21 but failed. Then with his imaginary friends and family, Daniel X was able to find out the evil plot of number 5. He finds out with a girl named "Judy" that he's multiplying in the town so he can rule the broadcasting and media world. With help from his dad, he was able to struck down ...more
Nigarsan
Feb 26, 2013 Nigarsan rated it really liked it
Daniel X,Vol 2 by James Patterson
This book is about a young teenager named "Daniel X" who's job is to hunt down the world's most deadliest aliens after an alien on the list killed his parents.In the book,he faces the fifth most deadliest alien who had gone insane in doing movies of humans as actors doing whatever he wants and then killing them.Now,he have a big challenge up in his sleeve that he thinks that he could do it.But can he face the alien or be defeated?

I chose this book because it w
RDUK
Dec 06, 2015 RDUK rated it really liked it
This book was pretty good. A great sequel to the first one. I love the graphics in this book (I love all of the graphics by the illustrator or the James Patterson graphic novels) and when I was looking up the real book compared to this book, it seemed like everything was pretty much the same other than the title. Although, my opinion isn't valid for I have not read the novel by James Patterson yet. When I read books that have a "villain" in them, I always love it when the author gives them an ...more
Alex Zhang
Dec 24, 2014 Alex Zhang rated it liked it
Daniel X volume 2 is a very interesting manga that is set on another world in our universe. The manga sets upon Daniel's alien hunting journey and ventures deeper into the tragical history of Daniel. In volume 2, the book brings me deeper into Daniel's world, as the ranking of the aliens became higher and higher, Daniel must face himself with the extreme situations that puts himself in grave danger. Although the story plot is very interesting, the story line became too predictable, such as using ...more
Soobie's heartbroken
Maybe a bit weaker than the first one.

I quite like the villain and its enderteinment in this volume but the story with Daniel doesn't progress as I expected. I still don't understand how the whole making-up friends works for Daniel, but yeah his friends and family are always there with him. Too bad that he has to (view spoiler): in the end he spends more time with figments of his imagination than with real people.

The caviar thing was just disgusting... I d
Hannah
Sep 07, 2014 Hannah rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Although I didn't like it as much as the first. I'm excited to pick up the last one of the Daniel X series though. I'm hoping it'll be a little better than the second.

What surprised me about the second book is that although it carried on the plot of Daniel X hunting aliens, it struck me as a little weird. It wasn't as funny either, which surprised me.

When I finished the book I found more of Patterson's books(in manga version) that I'd like to check out. I recommend t
Kate
Sep 16, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it
In this sequel, I can say I enjoyed the premise of the story along with its art. But I would rate it more as 3.5-3.6 stars because unless you read recently the first one you would find this one much more fast-paced with knowledge coming from the prior book. I would advise people to definitely read the first before checking in on the second or the idea that Daniel can conjure up people and objects may go over your head at first. Even I had a few questions at the end that need answering.
Shannon Mcmanis
Apr 12, 2013 Shannon Mcmanis rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any James P. fans or sci-fi fans
Recommended to Shannon by: I did
This book changed the way I look at things. For starters: I can never look at caviar again. :( Also, I will never eat Catfish. EVER. The manga adaption was good, and very fast paced. I would give the book 4.3 stars out of 5. I have gotta hand it to James Patterson for those plot twist though some of them were wrong and disgusting. However, I still recommend this book. It is really good! Ciao!
Cameron Etkin
Sep 18, 2016 Cameron Etkin rated it it was amazing
Amandal
Jan 25, 2015 Amandal rated it it was amazing
This book kept me on my toes the whole way. There was a lot of drama and excitement so it was amazing. I would recommend tho book and this author. James Patterson is my all time favourite author because, he makes the chapters short and exciting.
Michael Jones
Apr 19, 2012 Michael Jones rated it really liked it
I really enjoy reading these Mama versions after reading the novels... they help me visualize (and sometimes understand!) things I missed in the novels. The occasional changes from the novel to the GN are usually a little jarring though.
Isabel
Oct 06, 2012 Isabel rated it really liked it
Daniel chases and kills number 5 here but in manga. The whole adventure is drawn. Almost nothing is changed like it was on the book. First page is colored and its like reading a movie of the book, "Daniel X: Watch the Skies".
Petit(e) Chose
Jun 05, 2013 Petit(e) Chose rated it it was amazing
A true story of action and adventure. I feel sad for him; he can never hold on to something (or someone..) for long.
Lissibith
Sep 01, 2013 Lissibith rated it liked it
Well... at least this time he intentionally reached out to regular people, and as a lover of the War-world stuff, I really enjoyed a lot of the stuff, even though... man CREEPY bad guy.
Fyre.Katz
Mar 15, 2012 Fyre.Katz rated it it was amazing
This volume follows the second book storyplot... so I should read that sometime! Very good and still love the artwork.
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Nanette Buchanan
Nanette Buchanan rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2013
Kayla Kelton
Kayla Kelton rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
ZombiePug42
ZombiePug42 rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2016
Reba Lynn
Reba Lynn rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2013
Jacorey Blackwell
Jacorey Blackwell rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2013
Kate Finn
Kate Finn rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Aridiana Anzaldo
Aridiana Anzaldo rated it it was ok
Jun 29, 2015
Ayla
Ayla rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2015
David Capulet
David Capulet rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
Sydney
Sydney rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
  • Psychic Detective Yakumo Vol. 3 (Suzuka Oda)
  • 悪魔とドルチェ 2 [Akuma to Dolce 2]
  • We Dine With Cannibals (An Accidental Adventure, #2)
  • Cat Girl's Day Off
  • オオカミ少女と黒王子 2 [Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji 2] (Wolf Girl and Black Prince, #2)
  • Cirque Du Freak: Allies of the Night, Vol. 8 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #8)
  • Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Vol. 06 (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, #6)
  • Gilda Joyce: The Bones of the Holy  (Gilda Joyce, #5)
  • Hades: Lord of the Dead (Olympians, #4)
  • Pandemonium
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 4 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #4)
  • Maximum Ride: List of Maximum Ride Characters, Maximum Ride, James Patterson, Maximum Ride: the Angel Experiment
  • Bake Sale
  • AAA, Vol. 03
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 2  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Daniel X: The Manga (3 books)
  • Daniel X: The Manga, Vol. 1 (Daniel X: The Manga, #1)
  • Daniel X: The Manga, Vol. 3 (Daniel X: The Manga, #3)