Start by marking “Unbroken: A Memoir” as Want to Read:
Unbroken: A Memoir

Unbroken: A Memoir

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  18 reviews
One thing, a cupboard, was the only thing in Tracy Elliott's life that didn't get shattered. As a stripper, Elliot lived hard and suffered the consequences. In "Unbroken," she tells the deeply impacting story of how her life was put back together by the power and redemption of God.
Published January 6th 2011 by Thomas Nelson (first published April 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Unbroken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbroken

Nicole *`((O_O))`*
I am really GLAD I did bought this book from my old library! I didn't know this book is TRUE STORY.

I think my GR friends and followers should READ THIS BOOK because it is so good and mix with many emotional. Plus it is good to know about God that we didn't know about him. I do believe in God. But I have learn more about God in this book...from this person, Tracy.

Also, this book is good for us to show us that we can change ourselves as if we fell into wrong path and much darkness, we couldn't get
God loves us unconditionally regardless of our background is the message that I got from this book but the book wasn't well written. It could have been a great memoir but her style of writing didn't do it for me.
John Rodriguez
Unbroken, is a must-read for every person who has been wounded by life. In this powerful, life-changing book, Tracy's story is proof that it is not what happens to you in life that matters most, but what happens in you.
Thought provoking

An easy read that has a wonderful message. Especially good for anyone who is searching for themselves and spiritual peace
I am usually not one to read Non-Fiction, but I was given this book by my sister-in-law, so I read it. I was actually very impressed by it. Since Non-Fiction usually really bores me, I can't say I was blown away by it...but it was a book that I couldn't put down. I read it in 2 days. I thought the ending was kind of abrupt and just wasn't that impressed. But overall, it was a good book.
Kim Cole
Such an inspiring book, an honest memoir of Tracy Elliott who refused to let an abused childhood, addiction, and bad choices win. This shows the true meaning of God's grace-no one is unforgivable. Very uplifting as she is unbroken like the china cabinet she remembered in childhood. A great read for every woman who has been wounded by life!
This book was actually good. I didn't finish it because I have too many books I want to read, and decided not to spend time on a book that was good, but not outstanding. This book seemed like it wasn't going to say anything unusual or outstanding, even though I enjoyed reading the pages that I read.
Book is definitely an inspiring true story of resilience. The author had a childhood filled with cruelty and betrayal, yet read the bible on her own and knew it to be held a sense of divine worth and was able to conquer the demons in her closet.
Jan Gutting
At first I thought it was poorly written, skipping around and unorganized. Then I realized that was the style used to mirror the author's life. It actually was very inspirational book and I would like to meet the author, Tracie.
Good book! Tells another story of how an unfair childhood and bad choices as a young adult does not mean failure for the future. God is faithful all the way and this story proves that.
I read this by accident when I was supposed to read Hillebrands's "Unbroken" but it was a good read. If it didn't turn so preachy, I would have given it four stars!
This was a book that had sit on my "haven't read" shelf for months. I love memoirs and autobiographies. This was entertaining, not as provocative as I was expecting.
I'm not a big "memoir" reader, but I had a hard time putting this book down. It just goes to show you that you can do anything with faith in Christ.
Halley Georgas
This was the crappiest book I have ever read. A story like this should be uplifting, this was depressing.
Chapters 1-4 were pretty good, but I really had a hard time getting thru the rest of the book.
I love anything that shows real life people refusing to be victims!
Refreshing story about a victim who refuses to be a victim.
Quick read...Amazing survival/God works story.
Via added it
Sep 16, 2015
Nique marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Arminda Maldonado
Arminda Maldonado marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Lora marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015