Start by marking “Star Trek: Enterprise: The Romulan War: To Brave the Storm” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: Enterprise: The Romulan War: To Brave the Storm

Star Trek: Enterprise: The Romulan War: To Brave the Storm (Star Trek: Enterprise #14)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  307 ratings  ·  34 reviews
EARTH STANDS ALONE

The Coalition of Planets has shattered, with Vulcan, Andor, and Tellar abrogating the treaty. Their pledge to come to the mutual defense of any power that is attacked has been shunted aside. Horrified by how easily the Romulans can seize control of their advanced starships, turning them into weapons, Andor and Tellar have joined Vulcan on the sidelines.
Published October 25th 2011 by Pocket Books/Star Trek

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Terence
Bjoern
Kiri
Yay! It is finally here *dives on in*
---finishes ---
Ala Stephen there will be images..

Ok.. I'm not certain there is much I can write a review upon that will not give out major (massive?) spoilers. I can say that this is a novel that has A LOT packed onto it, it does feel like it should have been perhaps three separate volumes for all the ground/territory it covered. Which is not to say that it was not good.. cause it was. I think it could have gone into more depth and still been just as reada
Jennie Lanz
This book redeemed the finale of Enterprise for me!
Dan
I seemed to enjoy this novel more than most, but I still very much found it lacking due to the rushed nature of the narrative. I really wish that we had gotten our trilogy, and while I enjoy Michael A. Martin's writing, the story suffered horribly from the editorial decisions. I also really worry that this spells the end of the Enterprise novel line, which is unfortunate as there is still a rich history to cover and many gaps to fill. Perhaps a resurgence of some sort of "Lost Era" line would be ...more
Jimyanni
This is an interesting and well-written book; if there are some minor continuity problems both with the Enterprise TV series (particularly the carryover wish-fulfillment by the author ressurrecting a character who had died in the series) and with the original Star Trek TV series, that's a fairly minor quibble. Taken on its own merits, the book has good character development, a fast-moving, interesting plot, good pacing, and a generally good story. If I find the "Epilogue" to be a silly tack-on c ...more
Daniel
To Brave the Storm is the final book in the Romulan War series of Star Trek Enterprise and showcases humanity's, and by extension the Coalition's, last attempt to thwart the Romulan advance. Whereas the previous books in the series strived to set up the ongoing war, this one pulls it all together and ties it up. Unlike the previous installments, To Brave the Storm is more action heavy and features several engagements with Romulan forces.

To Brave the Storm is a bit different than the rest of the
Paul Lunger
"To Brave the Storm" is the concluding novel for the Earth-Romulan War and could potentially be the final novel for Enterprise. The story concludes the tale begun in "Beneath the Raptor's Wing" as we go from the attack on Mt. Selaya on Vulcan in 2156 through the signing of the Federation charter in 2161. Normally it isn't wise by any means to advance a storyline across 5 years in any one book unless there is good reason. Martin, however, manages to do this in such a way as to not bore the reader ...more
David King
"To Brave The Storm" by Michael A. Martin is the concluding book in the Romulan War series which started with "Beneath The Raptor's Wing". After my enjoyment of the first book in the series I was really looking forward to reading this one. This was enhanced by my knowledge that there are no new Enterprise novels expected for the foreseeable future so this could be the last new story in that franchise that I read for quite a while.

The novel chronicles the final years of the Earth-Romulan war with
Angela
The Romulan War draws to a conclusion. Don't read this if you have not read all post series Enterprise novels. As you would expect there are a lot of space battles and descriptions of tactics. There is some character bits, especially with T'pol and Trip. The Vulcan parts are very well done and add more to the culture of Vulcan. A lot happens in this book, and I don't want to spoil it for anyone. I was really happy with the ending though, really happy. A good read.
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
The last book of the Romulan War series. The story wraps up with the formation of the Neutral Zone and the creation of the Federation of Planets both of which are very familiar to fans of the Star Trek universe. How that plays out and the role that Trip Tucker and Jonathan Archer play is what drives this fourth and final book. I've read better Star Trek fan fiction, but I thought the story was clever and interesting and it wrapped up fairly well, if not a bit rushed.

In regards to Trip and T'Pol,
Robert Sparrenberger
The first Romulan war book was so tedious in its timeline. Now we have the second book and the years are ticking off every other page. I don't get it. This is one is rushed.

What program did Trip develop? What was this never explained.

The battle of Cheron is very short and then the romulans just quit. Very poor conclusion.

Barely three stars.
Telisha
Seriously such a great ending to the Trip/T'pol love story. Not to mention that Dax, Picard and a few other early family names show up in the series.
For anyone who wants to see the true end of a great series and the beginning of the Federation as well as why the coalition of the planets failed this is a great series!
I LOVED it!
JParsons1974 Parsons
The final battles of the Earth -Romulan war. The creation of the Neutral Zone. The final fates of Charles Trip Tucker. All these and other plot elements come to their conclusion in this final volume.
The series of books is worth reading if you are into Star Trek lore, and if you loved the TV series. This is direction the series should have gone. If it had the series would not have been canceled so abruptly.

I suggest that you get all 4 volumes at the same and read them straight through. Each work
Jules
It's a shame that the Enterprise relaunch novels have been so screwed over by editorial. The chronicles of the Romulan War deserve a much longer series than this. It really hurts also that Martin lost his long-time collaborator, Andy Mangels, as the final entries to the relaunch are a lot weaker than the fare they delivered before.

This book is really hurt by having to compress years of war stories into short glimpses of important events. Months will sometimes pass between entries, and it's frust
Lara Geddes
THIS is how Enterprise should of finished. Great read which could of given us a damned great 2 more seasons but also a more satisfactory ending to the series.
Francisco J.
Although the galaxy, especially the territory held by the newly formed United Federation of Planets( formerly the Coalition Of Planets), is now safe from the threat of the Romulan Star Empire thanks to the establishment of the Neutral Zone by the actions of Humans, Vulcans, Andorians, Tellerites, and Vissans, everyone still needs to be vigilant of any who threaten peace and peaceful exploration. For aggression never takes a rest.
Jonathan
I had to read something familiar and comfortable after some heavy duty reading. While this book filled in the gaps of what we've heard about throughout some of the Trek lore, I felt that it was rushed and fragmented. This really should have been two separate books. I was, however, entertained and enjoyed the familiarity of the universe and characters.
Christopher Backa
The Romulan war books are plain awful. I quit the second book at chapter 17. This guy has to be one of the worst trek writers I have come across. The story is all contrived and the plot moves the characters instead of the characters moving the story along. I hope they dump this author because I won't read any of his books
Matthew Rushing
This was a good book that I give four stars too because I like the characters so much and the resolution to their story is very touching. It does start off slow and would have benefited by being a longer book that could have give more detail to the first section of the book. Overall I am very pleased.
Justin
A somewhat disappointing end to the Romulan War narrative. A little less drama and a little less desperate Starfleet would be a lot better. There were plenty of other official and semi-official Star Trek sources about that period that the author could have drawn on but did not use.
Chad Bowers
Yes, I would've really enjoyed a trilogy of books covering such a long war like the Earth-Romulan war, but nonetheless, I still enjoyed this one, in some ways it's better than part 1, in others it's not quite. But, still going through the ENT novels has been excellent!
Robert Soroky
Not as engaging as book one in the series, but it still finishes the tale of the Romulan War in good fashion. The crew of the NX-01 is one of my favorite in the Star Trek universe, and I'm glad their history is still being told.
Taylor
Surprising good so far. Very detailed and informative. I am not a huge star trek fan, but I have enjoyed recently enjoyed the enterprise series which has I think aged into a form of being pretty good. Also the books are good too.
C.D. Reimer
Another great read with a densely packed story. Unlike many Star Trek novels, I took my time reading this one to catch all the little details regarding the technology being developed by Starfleet before the Federation came to exist.
Paul Clark
United Earth and it's Starfleet are deep in their war with the ever expanding Romulan Star Empire. Meanwhile, Captain Archer and crew are forced to sit on the sidelines making amends and allies in wake of the Kobyashi Maru.
Laurie Kazmierczak
Decidedly good...The author jumps you around in various years, but fills in quite a few gaps in the uniting of the Federation and Star Fleet. Since I love all the characters to begin with, I found the book very satisfying.
Glen
Better then book one good read
Dan Friedman
was it worth the two year wait for the second half of the war, I think so, the battles, the mysteries solved, I really enjoyed it
Timo
This was pretty good. It cleared up a few differences between the Original Series and Enterprise.
  • The Good That Men Do (Star Trek: Enterprise #11)
  • A Choice of Futures (Rise Of the Federation, #1) (Star Trek: Enterprise, #15)
  • By the Book (Star Trek: Enterprise #2)
  • Rosetta (Star Trek: Enterprise #9)
  • Surak's Soul (Star Trek: Enterprise #5)
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • Shockwave (Star Trek: Enterprise #3)
  • Rise Like Lions (Star Trek: Mirror Universe)
  • Glass Empires (Star Trek: Mirror Universe)
  • The Poisoned Chalice (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • Summon the Thunder (Star Trek: Vanguard, #2)
  • Star Trek: Voyager: Children of the Storm
  • Rough Beasts of Empire (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #3)
  • Death in Winter (Star Trek The Next Generation)

Star Trek: Enterprise (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • By the Book (Star Trek: Enterprise #2)
  • Shockwave (Star Trek: Enterprise #3)
  • What Price Honor? (Star Trek: Enterprise #4)
  • Surak's Soul (Star Trek: Enterprise #5)
  • The Expanse (Star Trek: Enterprise #6)
  • Daedalus (Star Trek: Enterprise #7)
  • Daedalus's Children (Star Trek: Enterprise #8)
  • Rosetta (Star Trek: Enterprise #9)
  • Last Full Measure (Star Trek: Enterprise #10)
Taking Wing (Star Trek: Titan, #1) Seize the Fire (Star Trek: Typhon Pack, #2) Cathedral (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, #3) Kobayashi Maru (Star Trek: Enterprise #12) The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing (Star Trek: Enterprise #13)