Start by marking “Captured by Moonlight” as Want to Read:
Captured by Moonlight

Captured by Moonlight

3.06 of 5 stars 3.06  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Life in the city, a boring job...mediocre sex with a boring fiancee...such was life for Jenny. She only wanted to get away for a few days to the beach with her best friend. But when she met a mysterious man at a beach bar, what could one little walk on the beach hurt? Jenny awoke in a completely different world, at the mercy of her captors. She vowed to escape, but did she ...more
ebook
Published January 2nd 2011 (first published December 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Captured by Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captured by Moonlight

Emma Shortt
I didn't feel this book started very well, it was all tell, no show, and I considered not continuing with it... the author could, and should, have started a chapter in. Anyhow I'm glad I stuck with it because this was an interesting story with lots of little twists.

Pros

The main character was a little kooky but I liked her, she had my sympathies from the beginning. Doubtful over her impending wedding you couldn't help but cheer her on. I don't want to give the plot away but marriage is not someth
Valentine
Claire Wilson is a new talent in the genre. This first novel is an incredibly good tale that gives the reader love, romance, kink, friendship and conflict. I can't think of any more ingredients that could be needed in any novel. I enjoyed her characters who were developed just enough to give them soul but not so much as to be tedious. Everything that happened was realistic enough that it COULD happen, however unlikely. Add to the genuine coup this young lady has pulled off with her first, the in ...more
Vicci
"Captured by Moonlight" by Claire Wilson an edgy introspective tale of kidnapping and human trafficking that will leave a reader stunned in it's realism.

Ms. Wilson has woven an intricate tale of the hazards and aftermath that some times befall the most unsuspecting souls. The novel is vivid in it's depiction of some BDSM practices as it spins its tale. The opening scenes perfectly setup a chain of events that lead to the story-line of the novel.

Ms. Wilson does an a great job of masking the play
Lynn
This was not a great book. LOTS of typos and writing errors, which is something that bothers me as a reader. I know this was a self-published book, but you still have a couple of people proof read for you. I thought it started out with some potential, a good kidnapping storyline, but I quickly lost interest in the story and the characters. "We know that the people who kidnapped us and make us have sex against our will are also selling young girls overseas, but they give us good clothes and a rea ...more
Aimee (Coffee Table Reviews)
The story itself seemed just alright. It didn't flow well and it didn't captivate. The writing, on the other hand, was atrocious. There was hardly any use of paragraphs and punctuation was misused through out it all. And the author loved using ... for everything. The writing just flat out drove me nuts. I wanted to take a red pen to it and correct the grammar, the punctuation and the sentence structure. It felt like a very rough first draft, not a final product.

I had a hard time with this, even
Nancy Hogan
Loved it!! It was not without mistakes. But I read for one reason and it done the trick! :-) A fabulous dark sinful ride into 1 woman's sexy captivity. Hooray for attempting to remind this reader it is not rocket science, not meant to be editorially perfect, only meant and succeeded with this reader to provoke, turn on and get off!!!
Ashley
Jan 26, 2011 Ashley added it
It was definitely something different than what I normally read but overall I thought it was a good read and something I would suggest to anyone that liked that genre.
Claire Wilson
Jan 04, 2011 Claire Wilson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Well I am the author, but still I must say it makes for an exciting read!
Pati
Pati marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Eddie Grooms
Eddie Grooms marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
~Leila~
~Leila~ marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2013
Chrisabel
Chrisabel marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2012
Cierra
Cierra marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2012
315 added it
Jul 20, 2011
Stephanie Tuell
Stephanie Tuell marked it as to-read
May 01, 2011
Jeannie Walker
Jeannie Walker marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2011
Naamah
Naamah marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2011
Nicola P
Nicola P marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2011
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2011
TheSecretWriter
TheSecretWriter marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2011