Start by marking “Ghost Girl in Shadow Bay” as Want to Read:
Ghost Girl in Shadow Bay

Ghost Girl in Shadow Bay

Three years after her father was killed, sixteen-year-old Peyton Delaney, her mother, Melody, and new stepfather, Vance McIntyre, relocate to Shadow Bay, Minnesota and move into an old Victorian.

They are unaware of the house's dark history--fifty years ago, a jealous husband snapped, murdering his wife, her lover, and sixteen-year-old daughter before killing himself.

But
Published August 20th 2013 by R. Barri Flowers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Girl in Shadow Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Girl in Shadow Bay

Samantha
I enjoyed this book, not tremendously. But I did like it.

Peyton was a fine main character. I liked that this was written in the third person, which I don't see very often in YA. However, I could tell this was written by someone older. I mean, how many sixteen-year-olds use the word ambiguous in everyday conversation. I don't even think I knew what that word meant when I was sixteen.

There were times when I just felt plain uncomfortable. Like when Peyton was telling her parents about her dreams
Lynda
Naomi
Oct 11, 2011 Naomi rated it really liked it
I ended up reading this book from a YA perspective and found it to be very enjoyable. If I were in the age range of 12-16, I would have found it creepy. As a parent, I liked it because it was clean from language and sex scenes, which have been overrunning YA books I have come across lately. Def. a book I would recommend to someone in that age range.
Kathryn
Aug 16, 2011 Kathryn rated it it was ok
This was a young adult novel and since I am nowhere near a young adult anymore, I don't think I can really comment on this book. It was okay reading; I enjoyed it the build up of the book, but then it was kind of a let-down, I believe the author wrote non-fiction before and this was his first fiction book.
Deedra
Jun 03, 2015 Deedra rated it really liked it
I listened to the Audible version of this book.It was written for the YA crowd.I would have loved it as a middle schooler.Full of ghosts and intrigue,it was perfect!The narration was a bit plodding but Suzanne Talbot did a fine job with voices.
"I was provided this audiobook at no charge by the author in exchange for an unbiased review via AudiobookBlast dot com."
lindarandle
lindarandle rated it it was amazing
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Tylila
Tylila rated it it was amazing
Mandi Rudolph
Mandi Rudolph rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2016
Carmen
Carmen rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2016
Dana
Dana rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Neon
Neon rated it did not like it
Apr 09, 2015
Rohini Baksh
Rohini Baksh rated it liked it
Tina Riley
Tina Riley rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2011
Ashley Baughman
Ashley Baughman rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2016
Mallory
Mallory rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2011
Janet Stokes
Janet Stokes rated it did not like it
Dec 22, 2015
Leelawattie Persaud
Leelawattie Persaud rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Samantha Bartholomew
Samantha Bartholomew rated it really liked it
May 09, 2013
Ruby
Ruby rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Nora Buckner
Nora Buckner rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
Darvin Deason
Darvin Deason rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2016
Ellen Reed
Ellen Reed rated it it was ok
Oct 05, 2014
Madeline
Madeline rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Christy Spooner
Christy Spooner rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2011
Erlinda
Erlinda rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2016
carmen elibo
carmen elibo rated it really liked it
Mary  (Biblophile)
Mary (Biblophile) rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Bethany Purvis
Bethany Purvis rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2013
Rochel Fernando
Rochel Fernando rated it liked it
May 22, 2014
Do You Believe in Ghosts...? 1 4 Mar 29, 2011 08:13AM
R. Barri Flowers is an award winning criminologist and bestselling author of crime and thriller fiction, crime nonfiction and true crime, relationship novels, and young adult mysteries.

Recent adult mysteries include FRACTURED TRUST, MURDERED IN THE MAN CAVE, BEFORE HE KILLS AGAIN, SEDUCED TO KILL IN KAUAI, MURDER IN HONOLULU: A Skye Delaney Mystery, MURDER IN MAUI: A Leila Kahana Mystery, DEAD IN
More about R. Barri Flowers...