Start by marking “Stories in verse” as Want to Read:
Stories in verse

Stories in verse

Henry Abbey (1842-1911) was an American poet who is best known for the poem What do We Plant When We Plant a Tree? and May Dreams. His other works include Ralph and Other Poems (1866), Stories in Verse (1869), Ballads of Good Deeds (1872), Poems (1879), The City of Success and Other Poems (1883) and Dream of Love (1910). " "Violets! Violets! Violets! " This was the cry I ...more
Published September 1st 2006 by University of Michigan Library (first published 1869)

To ask other readers questions about Stories in verse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories in verse

Kinga
Oct 31, 2011 Kinga rated it liked it
Hello and welcome to another installment of my Gutenberg Project Project. If you have tuned in just now, this is the project where I attempt to read all the book from Gutenberg Project in alphabetical order.

I am happy to announce that I have left AA and I am now in AB.

I knew that sooner or later I would have to read something that rhymes. I am not a big fan of things that rhyme (or free verse for that matter) but these are supposed to be Stories in Verse. I can do stories.

Most of the stories in
Debbie Zapata
Mar 14, 2015 Debbie Zapata rated it liked it
Shelves: pg
This 1869 collection of stories in verse was mostly interesting, and of course I always admire the talent it takes to write in this manner. I would have rated it four stars but for me only the first three stories were truly captivating....the final three did not make as much of an impact.

The most compelling story in this book was the second one, titled Karagwe, An African. This is the only poem not told in first-person, and rightly so. The noble character of Karagwe deserves his own voice, not t
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2013
Nikola
Nikola rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2012
Vinod
Vinod rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2010
Gemma Fasheun
Gemma Fasheun is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2014
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2012
Elihu
Elihu added it
Aug 10, 2013
Moldir
Moldir marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Jen Locke
Jen Locke marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Estelle
Estelle marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
More about Henry Abbey...