What's Cooking Vegetarian (What's Cooking)

What's Cooking Vegetarian (What's Cooking)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  4 reviews
From simple dishes to elaborate gourmet meals, every cook will find plenty of old favorites and discover exotic new cuisines in this comprehensive series. Each book provides more than 100 easy-to-follow recipes accompanied by tantalizing color photographs.
Hardcover
Published May 1st 1999 by Thunder Bay Press (CA) (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about What's Cooking Vegetarian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's Cooking Vegetarian

Darlene
Though this book has great information and great recipes (I really liked the vegetables and corn chowder, vegetable biryani, lemon & lime syllabub), it is too big & awkward, more a coffee table book. There is a paperback edition which I haven't seen, but would switch my hardback for it in a heartbeat.

On the plus side, there is a full-page, color photo for each of the over 100 recipes with step-by-step instructions.

You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy these recipes. If size & we...more
Lauri
Oct 03, 2007 Lauri rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Vegetarians, especially those who like to entertain
Shelves: cookbooks, vegetarian
This is a nice upscale vegetarian cookbook that contains a beautiful, full-size photo for each dish. It's not one of my everyday cookbooks, as the dishes tend to be a little on the expensive/specialty side, when it comes to ingredients, & time-consuming to prepare. But, many of the recipes are delicious and nice to serve to guests for dinner. One of my faves is the Kidney Bean Kiev which takes some time to prepare but is really yummy and hearty.
Nicole Kapise-Perkins
I'm buying this one. I must. My poor little kitchen won't be complete without these delicious vegetarian recipes.
Rebecca
I have about 20 recipes I can't wait to try from this cookbook!
Stephanie Simmont
Stephanie Simmont marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Shirley Williams
Shirley Williams marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Rama
Rama added it
Sep 16, 2013
Badams
Badams added it
Feb 12, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Ang
Ang added it
Nov 12, 2010
Kalynn
Kalynn marked it as to-read
May 30, 2010