Start by marking “The Princess Diaries Boxed Set (The Princess Diaries, #1-10)” as Want to Read:
The Princess Diaries Boxed Set (The Princess Diaries, #1-10)

The Princess Diaries Boxed Set (The Princess Diaries #1-10)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  1,561 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
The Princess Diaries Collection, 10 Books Set Meg Cabot Gift Pack. The titles which are included with this set are 1. The Princess Diaries, 2. The Princess Diaries, Take Two, 3. The Princess Diaries: Third Time Lucky, 4. The Princess Diaries: Mia Goes Fourth, 5. The Princess Diaries: Give Me Five, 6. The Princess Diaries: Sixsational, 7. The Princess Diaries: Seventh Heave ...more
Published 2009 by Pan Macmillan

Shawna Scott
Sep 13, 2014 Shawna Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, let me start off with the characters I like and dislike in this series:

Princess Mia: liked. Even when she was stupidly clueless.
Michael Moscovitz: really liked.
Lilly Moscovitz: I tried to like her because I knew she was supposed to be Mia's best friend, but didn't very much. Especially in the last three books.
Tina Hakim Baba: liked, much more than Lilly.
Boris Pelkowski: Meh.
Kenny Showalter: Didn't really like him.
Ling Su and Perin: Meh.
Shameeka: Meh.
Lana Weinberger: Didn't like he
Niharika
May 26, 2013 Niharika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I just love this series so much!!! Its is absolutely amazing and though I don't connect with it much,actually at all,I still love it ! I've read it sooo many times and I can still go on reading it . Love it !!!
Susan
May 14, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who loved the Princess Diaries movies :)
Loved loved loved the series overall.
Mia was entertaining and interesting throughout and I loved reading her diary entries.
I never got to read the 9th book of the series (my public library was apparently missing that one book to the series T.T), but I liked the ending to the series nevertheless. They were, surprisingly, much different to the movie version of Princess Diaries and now I love both movie version and book form all the same. :)
Khandakako
Oct 07, 2013 Khandakako rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This collection of the princess diaries is amazing! You have to try it.
Catherine Johns
This is one of my FAVORITE BOOK SERIES OF ALL TIME!!!! I grew up reading these books and the final book came out when I was in college. I still read it cover to cover in one day! Forever Princess might be one of the best series ending books of all time, and it completes a stellar series about a girl growing up in New York who happens to be a princess.
Sometimes Mia makes bad decisions, but they are forgivable and understandable for someone her age and in her situations. The lessons she learns are
Charlotte
Apr 28, 2014 Charlotte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best book series I have ever been introduced too, I read all 10 cover to cover within 3 days and have reread them uncountable amount of times they can transport you into a different place and time when you feel like you need to escape from the day
R.A.
Jul 09, 2015 R.A. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series!

This is my second time reading this series. These books are still hilarious and heartwarming. Meg Cabot is a goddess of words.
Max
Jul 19, 2013 Max rated it it was amazing
My all-time second favorite series as a teenager after Harry Potter. I got into the series by reading the second novel first, and I was hooked. Most of the problems Mia face, with her parents, friends, school, fitting in, peer pressure, bullying and of course sexuality, is unconventionally realistic and genuine. However, the hook of the series is that this is written in a very tongue-in-cheek, comical manner, making fun of and satirizing pop culture, materialism and even popular romance tropes. ...more
Liane
Nov 20, 2014 Liane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meg Cabot is always a reliably entertaining read.
Anoushka
Nov 27, 2016 Anoushka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In LOVE with 'em!!!!!!!.....after I started reading I was like "I want the next book ASAP"...it's a must read for every teenage girl if ya ask me...*Sigh* If only I had someone like Michael in my life...when he proposed her in The Royal Wedding I was sooooo excited and happy for her!!!
Nilufa
Sep 04, 2014 Nilufa rated it really liked it
I read The Princess Diaries when I was fifteen so I thought I'd read them and approach them more objectively - though I always liked them - and upon re-reading them at a semi-mature age, I'm still transported to Mia's world of AEHS, royal responsibilities and teen angst.

The first PD starts with a fourteen year old pubescent, non-self-actualised and non-royal Mia and ends with an eighteen year old, somewhat self-actualised Mia. We, the readers, are able to empathise and criticise her inability t
Leslie
Jun 06, 2012 Leslie rated it it was ok
Well, I started listening to this series because I saw that they were narrated by Anne Hathaway, and I loved her in the movies. Turns out the books are drastically different from the movies. Let's just say they would not be Disney-approved. :) Cabot's teenage-girl voice is so very authentic, and Mia is downright hilarious. But there are also lots of vulgar parts, and sometimes the subject matter is just too "adult" for this adult. Faults aside, I would give some of the books (there are more than ...more
Roanna
Oct 07, 2013 Roanna rated it it was amazing
The Princess Diaries books by Meg Cabot are definitely one of my favourite chick literature series! Not only is Meg Cabot's writing wit+charm simply marvellous, Princess Mia has been a crazy, funny, lovely and wholesome character right from the start. There's just something about her life; her loves (oooh, Fat Louie); her ranting, presented through her journals; her shy and awkward nature. Just being a teenager! There are definitely a lot of LOL-moments in here (not to mention, some serious grow ...more
Maralgoo Ganbat
Feb 23, 2014 Maralgoo Ganbat rated it really liked it
Really loved and adored this book by Meg Cabot. "Princess Diaries" is funny and romantic at the same time. Perfect book for teenage girls.

You can actually learn a lot from this book, if you are a teenage girl who is tired of your family yelling at you or sick in bed because you have hemorrhoid problems. Haha, I'm just kidding. I think Princess Diaries is the first serial book I have read. I learnt several important things from this book:
1. You should be more responsible for something that you lo
Sam
Jun 08, 2013 Sam rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Girls, Junior High-High School, Young Adults
As some other reviewers have pointed out, the content of the books is more mature than that of the movies. Others have noted that the central character shows no growth. Another popular complaint: the books are not works of literary genius. Regardless of these "flaws", I cannot get enough of the antics of Mia Thermopolis. Meg Cabot does not need to write like a Bronte to produce great fiction. I certainly feel less depressed after reading one of her novels than I did after plodding through Jane E ...more
Shradhdha Das
Jul 05, 2015 Shradhdha Das rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't need to tell people how great these books were because alot of people have. I'm just going to tell you what impact it has had on me and why it will remain an all time fave.
This is THE series which got me reading from a young age. I was 12 years old when i started issuing the books from our school library. Mia was the absolute hypochondriac who i grew up with. She was like this friend who i never really met but knew all about. I'm from India and no one had told me about the concept of si
Juliana
Jan 09, 2015 Juliana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I've first read the princess diaries when I was maybe 16 years old. I read the first 6 books and thought it was one of the funniest books I've ever read. 11 years has passed since then and I found myself finishing the remaining books. At first I thought how silly I looked as a 28-year-old woman reading books about a teenager princess and all the drama that comes along with it, but as I was reading a sense of nostalgia filled me and I couldn't drop the books. I went as far as re-reading the first ...more
Linsey
Aug 12, 2015 Linsey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I made it my mission to read all ten before the 11th book came out last month. I didn't quite succeed, but I'm on book 11 now ;)

I loved these books as a teenager, I think they came out when I was about the age Mia is with each of them anyway. As a 30 year old? Not so much. My God I had forgotten how whiny and repetitive Mia is, and how much she obsesses over dumb things...buuuut yeah I think this is perspective because the books appealed to my teenage self. 30 year old me is just cynical.

Also L
Bethany
Jun 30, 2015 Bethany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started reading the Princess Diaries shortly after the movie came out and I found the books, as much as I adore Julie Andrews and the movie in general, I think they missed out on the quirkiness of the books. I was excited to find this kindle edition with the 10 main books in a bundle and loved reading it, and finally being able to finish Mia's story.
I love that Mia is a feminist that struggles with her romantic ideas at times. I love when Mia struggles with depression, because it adds even mo
Marie
Jan 22, 2016 Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, re-read, ya
So I read books 1-5 in like middle school when they first came out. And I can totally see why I loved them at the time. They felt a little whiney and annoying to me now. However, books 6-10 I had never read, so that was new. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed reading them more than I think I am even willing to admit. I actually think I cried (and read in one sitting - thank you long plane ride) through most of books 8-10. Don't judge me. I'm an now incredibly excited to read Royal Wedding. Which I ...more
Erika
Jun 14, 2015 Erika rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I was Mia's age when I read this series so I only have positive things to say about it. I loved it enough to finish the 10 books and I didn't regret the hours of sleep I lost, the amount of home works I didn't finish and the number of quizzes I barely passed. I loved it more because Anne Hathaway was lovely and Robert Schwartzman was my crush.
Maya
Sep 25, 2015 Maya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a good series, a great one, but for teenage girls who like drama and have insecurities. The Princess Diaries is about a teenage princess who just wants to live a normal life in New York City. It is the stereotypical teenage life (romance,lots of drama,school,romance,more drama) from the humorous, hyperbolic view of Mia Thermopolis. It's an acquired taste, but I think you might like it.
Michaela V.
These were the books of my teenage years. It's actually really sad that they're sold out almost all over Slovakia and publishers seem to do nothing about it. As i work in a bookshop I recommend The Princess Diaries to every little girl (11ish or more as i read it in that age) but it's only available in libraries. I hope that it'll change in time.
Spammonia
Dec 20, 2013 Spammonia rated it liked it
These books were the only things I read when I was 13 years old. I only stuck around for Michael, since he seemed to be the smartest of the bunch. Lilly had my respect, but then lost it with her incessant need for attention. All in all, a good representation of what went through my head when I was a young teen.
Alana
Apr 02, 2016 Alana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yii-Huei
Aug 20, 2013 Yii-Huei rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favourite book series! Even though I read this as a 12 year old, I can still re-read this series over again because Meg Cabot's humour is so hilarious that I literally laughed out loud in each book.
Amy Allen
Jul 08, 2015 Amy Allen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are a lot of fun. The characters are a little flat and stereotypical, but they are nonetheless enjoyable. Though they are good books I wouldn't recommend them for preteens because of their sexual content.
Lauren
Jul 29, 2016 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: obsessed
These books made me laugh, (almost) cry, and feel Mia's hurt and pain with her. I honestly felt like I was Mia in all of these situations she wrote about in her journal. I would recommend these books to any of my friends. I was so sad when I finished them all. I LOVE THEM SO MUCHHHHH!!!!!!
Eilish
Sep 04, 2014 Eilish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this so much I couldn't put it down it was just such a good book and I loved a lot of it though it did take me a while to get into it at the start but as I kept reading I was hooked defiantly recommend it was amazing ...more
sopingholicarka
Apr 25, 2014 sopingholicarka rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
There's something so adorable in these books that makes you smile the whole time while reading them. Maybe it is written for younger readers, but I still enjoyed Mia's I-don't-want-to-be-a-princess adventures and Meg's sense of humour. :-)
  • The Way I Am
  • Last Act
  • The Time Travelers: Volume One
  • Mayfair Witches-2 Vol. Boxed Set
  • Selected Works of the Brontë Sisters: Jane Eyre / Villette / Wuthering Heights / Agnes Grey / The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
  • The Princess Tales, Volume I (The Fairy's Mistake, The Princess Test, Princess Sonora and the Long Sleep)
  • What My Best Friend Did
  • The Kid Table
  • Waking Beauty: A Novel
  • The Bachelor
  • Threepenny Memoir: The Lives of a Libertine
  • The Great Mouse Mistake: Cinderella (Disney Princess Chapter Books)
  • Hiyokoi 12
  • Confessions of Georgia Nicolson Box Set (#1-8)
  • Belle du Seigneur
  • Love Like a Delinquent
  • Fly High!: Leť výš 1 (Fly High! #1)
  • The Cortisol Connection: Why Stress Makes You Fat and Ruins Your Health � And What You Can Do About It

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)