Princess Diaries Boxed Set (Princess Diaries, #1-10)

Princess Diaries Boxed Set (The Princess Diaries #1-10)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  342 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Published 2009 by Pan Macmillan

Maralgoo Ganbat
Really loved and adored this book by Meg Cabot. "Princess Diaries" is funny and romantic at the same time. Perfect book for teenage girls.

You can actually learn a lot from this book, if you are a teenage girl who is tired of your family yelling at you or sick in bed because you have hemorrhoid problems. Haha, I'm just kidding. I think Princess Diaries is the first serial book I have read. I learnt several important things from this book:
1. You should be more responsible for something that you lo...more
Susan
May 14, 2011 Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who loved the Princess Diaries movies :)
Loved loved loved the series overall.
Mia was entertaining and interesting throughout and I loved reading her diary entries.
I never got to read the 9th book of the series (my public library was apparently missing that one book to the series T.T), but I liked the ending to the series nevertheless. They were, surprisingly, much different to the movie version of Princess Diaries and now I love both movie version and book form all the same. :)
Max
My all-time second favorite series as a teenager after Harry Potter. I got into the series by reading the second novel first, and I was hooked. Most of the problems Mia face, with her parents, friends, school, fitting in, peer pressure, bullying and of course sexuality, is unconventionally realistic and genuine. However, the hook of the series is that this is written in a very tongue-in-cheek, comical manner, making fun of and satirizing pop culture, materialism and even popular romance tropes....more
Roanna Fernandes
The Princess Diaries books by Meg Cabot are definitely one of my favourite chick literature series! Not only is Meg Cabot's writing wit+charm simply marvellous, Princess Mia has been a crazy, funny, lovely and wholesome character right from the start. There's just something about her life; her loves (oooh, Fat Louie); her ranting, presented through her journals; her shy and awkward nature. Just being a teenager! There are definitely a lot of LOL-moments in here (not to mention, some serious grow...more
Leslie
Well, I started listening to this series because I saw that they were narrated by Anne Hathaway, and I loved her in the movies. Turns out the books are drastically different from the movies. Let's just say they would not be Disney-approved. :) Cabot's teenage-girl voice is so very authentic, and Mia is downright hilarious. But there are also lots of vulgar parts, and sometimes the subject matter is just too "adult" for this adult. Faults aside, I would give some of the books (there are more than...more
Sam
Jun 08, 2013 Sam rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Girls, Junior High-High School, Young Adults
As some other reviewers have pointed out, the content of the books is more mature than that of the movies. Others have noted that the central character shows no growth. Another popular complaint: the books are not works of literary genius. Regardless of these "flaws", I cannot get enough of the antics of Mia Thermopolis. Meg Cabot does not need to write like a Bronte to produce great fiction. I certainly feel less depressed after reading one of her novels than I did after plodding through Jane E...more
Erika
I was Mia's age when I read this series so I only have positive things to say about it. I loved it enough to finish the 10 books and I didn't regret the hours of sleep I lost, the amount of home works I didn't finish and the number of quizzes I barely passed. I loved it more because Anne Hathaway was lovely and Robert Schwartzman was my crush.
sopingholicarka
There's something so adorable in these books that makes you smile the whole time while reading them. Maybe it is written for younger readers, but I still enjoyed Mia's I-don't-want-to-be-a-princess adventures and Meg's sense of humour. :-)
Madi
Fell in love with book one and couldn't stop reading.
Spammonia
These books were the only things I read when I was 13 years old. I only stuck around for Michael, since he seemed to be the smartest of the bunch. Lilly had my respect, but then lost it with her incessant need for attention. All in all, a good representation of what went through my head when I was a young teen.
Yii-huei
One of my all time favourite book series! Even though I read this as a 12 year old, I can still re-read this series over again because Meg Cabot's humour is so hilarious that I literally laughed out loud in each book.
Jessica
I really hate every single book in this series--they all read like an idle 1997 IM chat session between two 13 year-olds. No matter how old Mia gets it's still the same tone, no growth or maturity.
Tori (Victoria Capo)
GOD BLESS THIS SERIES AND MY QUEEN MEG
Sonia
I don't care what you say. Michael Moscovitz is the reason I appreciate nice boys even today. God bless Cabot. Just for this.
Maria
The best company for a teen girl. You can't stop reading it. And michael is just perfect.
Jacqueline
I loved reading these books. Mia's dramatic personality and crazy grandmother-xD
Jennine meloche
The first few book are ok but it just goes downhill from there, whining and annoying..
eloise
I heave read Princess Dairies 2,3,6,9&10-they're all hilarios!"!!!!!!!!!
Danyka
Only watched the movie but I want to buy and maybe read the book :)
Henna
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Greeshma
Greeshma marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Isabel
Isabel added it
Jul 24, 2014
Ritushayer
Ritushayer marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Tal
Tal is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2014
Viviana Valdez
Viviana Valdez marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
  • The Way I Am
  • Last Act
  • The Time Travelers: Volume One
  • Mayfair Witches-2 Vol. Boxed Set
  • One Hot Second: Stories About Desire
  • The Princess Tales, Volume I (The Fairy's Mistake, The Princess Test, Princess Sonora and the Long Sleep)
  • The Rehearsal
  • What My Best Friend Did
  • The Fallen Series Boxed Set (Fallen, #1-4)
  • More about Boy: Roald Dahl's Tales from Childhood
  • This Lullaby/The Truth About Forever
  • Life on the Refrigerator Door
  • Mohawk
  • Heart of the Huntress (Camille, #2)
  • Twice Told: Original Stories Inspired by Original Artwork
  • The Kid Table
  • Cupcake (Cyd Charisse, #3)
  • Matched Trilogy Box Set

Meg Cabot was born on February 1, 1967, during the Chinese astrological year of the Fire Horse, a notoriously unlucky sign. Fortunately she grew up in Bloomington, Indiana, where few people were aware of the stigma of being a fire horse -- at least until Meg became a teenager, when she flun...more
More about Meg Cabot...
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1) Shadowland (The Mediator, #1)