Start by marking “Honeymoon (Honeymoon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Honeymoon (Honeymoon, #1)

Honeymoon (Honeymoon #1)

3.81  ·  Rating Details ·  33,660 Ratings  ·  1,850 Reviews
How does it feel to be desired by every man and envied by every woman? Wonderful. This is the life Nora Sinclair has dreamed about, the life she's worked hard for, the life she will never give up. Meet Nora Sinclair.

When FBI agent John O'Hara first sees her, she seems perfect. She has the looks. The career. The clothes. The wit. The sophistication. The tantalizing sex appe

Published February 14th 2005 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about Honeymoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honeymoon

Monica
Jul 30, 2007 Monica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mentally handicapped
I picked this book up in the resort library because I had forgotten to pack a quality book. Yes, I finished it, but that was because I didn't have a lot more options. A quick, easy read, it left nothing to talk about. If you like sex scenes, there are some. But it was lacking in mystery, suspense...well, really anything.

The upside: This book will make me remember to pack a book next time!
Kailyn Kausen
Jun 30, 2017 Kailyn Kausen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't think I was going to like this much, considering it is for adults and is a crime-thriller type thing. But I did enjoy it! I've been trying to get out and read a wider range of material and this book was the beginning of that. I'm excited to see what other wonders I will discover along the way.
Jackie
Mar 24, 2008 Jackie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This stands out as one of the worst books I have ever read. Just a taste of the cheesiness within:

"Connor vs. Jeffrey. They were both so much fun. They made her laugh, made her feel special. And there was certainly no denying that they were wonderful in bed -- or wherever else they chose to have sex. They were tall, in wonderful shape, handsome as film stars. No, actually, they were more handsome than the film stars she knew. The fact was, Nora loved being with Connor and Jeffrey equally. Which
Efka
Sep 17, 2016 Efka rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So this is the guy, who's top earning author of 2015, dwarfing all his competitors? Well now, I'm not gonna say that it is bullshit (though I cannot confirm or deny that I might or might not be thinking so), but certainly I'm gonna be very vocal about not understanding why and how, but mostly, why.

Yes, this book was a page turner (chapters consisting of 2-3 pages, leaving a page empty besides a couple of lines up top more than once did not impede that), and yes, it has been quite decent story,
Todd
Sep 09, 2012 Todd rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Like any James Patterson book, it was fast-paced and read quickly. However, like many of his books, Honeymoon was filled with half-baked plot twists, plot developments that were unnecessarily made into twists, and just odd narrative decisions throughout.

If the book had been straightforward, then I might would've enjoyed it better. Instead, Patterson treats every single event in the book as a soap opera style twist before the commercial. I was only waiting for the musical stings at the end of ea
Teatea
Apr 01, 2011 Teatea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though the story is still quite entertaining, the characters are very cheesy and credulous. How can Nora Sinclair pull it off with her marriage with one man and continue her affair of the other man, or how can she so easily transfer the money of her fiancé’s account to hers’ in Cayman Island. In the real world, transferring that sum of money of 1.9 billion to a different account registration can never be done online by a few clicks without attaining more authentication by phone or paper doc ...more
Ruth Turner
Oct 06, 2014 Ruth Turner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: james-patterson

Ooops. Deleted the review.

Audiobook - Narrated by Campbell Scott and Hope Davis - Good narration, although I don't particularly enjoy female narrators.

This book is totally unbelievable and cheesy...LOTS cheesy. But I enjoyed it anyway, for the second time.
Julian Lees
Nov 19, 2014 Julian Lees rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable and fast-paced, but the ending was disappointing.
Harish Challapalli
Apr 03, 2011 Harish Challapalli rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: time pass book readers,
Recommended to Harish by: Jagannadh
Shelves: fiction, thriller, crap
Not a great book!! You can expect everything before hand. This is the first books of Patterson, I have read. When it comes to thriller, Sidney sheldon is the first man who comes in my mind. At many times, while reading the book, I felt that the author tried to use the formula of sheldon but failed at the result. Some parts of the story were stopped without a proper conclusion. Some were given hype but ended very boring. The writer failed to create an interest for the readers to proceede further.
Mary
Dec 09, 2009 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mary by: no one
Another James Patterson book that's quite enthralling and can't put down as easily.

Nora Sinclair a successful interior decorator, spends her time between New York and Boston. But why? Because she is engaged to one of her clients in New York and married to one of her previous clients, a book author, in Boston. She has plenty of money that she trasfers to a Cayman Islan account, and a mother in a psychiatric ward, that no one knows about. As her current fiance dies unexpectedly while Nora is serv
LostMermaid Mermaid
Read this when it was first released but now I'm listening to the audiobook ... So far so good

Finished with the audio and if you like Patterson's stand alones you'll like this one. The only negative is while the readers had very pleasant voices the female reader had the same voice with no difference when changing female characters.
Karena
May 19, 2008 Karena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I normally read James P books out of loyalty. He had me hooked with the first one I read London Bridges. I know he has written many books. This book didn't feature my lovable character Alex Cross. The main characer, the woman just had too many issues for me. I easily got tired of trailing her around the world as she lived out her imposter of a life.
Rie_dominique
just WOW!!!

James Patterson emang handal bikin plot yang memikat.

jadi teringat beberapa minggu yang lalu nonton serial TV Castle. tokoh utamanya adalah Rick Castle yang berprofesi sebagai penulis thriller. sewaktu terjadi kasus pembunuhan yang meniru pembunuhan dalam buku2nya, Castle membantu kepolisian buat memecahkan kasus ini. saat pembunuh tertangkap dengan mudah Castle jadi bingung dan ga puas. ada yang hilang dan tidak sesuai dengan kasus tersebut.

karena kebingungan Castle minta saran dari
Mandy
Nov 30, 2009 Mandy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2006
Heather
Jun 14, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I tore through this book. I could not put it down!

There are essentially two plots to this story: Nora Sinclair is an interior designer who was widowed when her cardiologist husband died of an apparent heart attack. In reality, Nora killed him for his money and she's not done yet, a literal "black widow." John O'Hara is the FBI agent assigned to investigate when Nora's fiance also dies in the same manner as her late husband. They become engaged in a riveting game of cat and mouse as he tries to
Michael Connery
James Patterson’s Honeymoon tells the story of the stunning and deadly Nora Sinclair, pitting her wits and games against those of FBI Agent John O’Hara.

Filled with intrigue and sly humor, Honeymoon is an engaging read. The back cover synopsis details the plot; however, Patterson approaches the story as if the reader were going in blind and writes in such a way as to keep the reader deliberately in the dark rather than letting discovery unfold naturally. Even so, the tale is fast-paced, and th
Amel Armeliana
3.5 bintang untuk Honeymoon. Satu lagi cerita tentang perempuan sakit jiwa, kali ini membunuh suami2nya (iya, bukan cuma satu suami) yang kaya raya demi uangnya.
Tapi bisa dibilang penyebab si Nora ini jadi tukang bunuh kurang ditegaskan disini. Ok, karena masa lalunya, tapi apakah karena dia benci pada ayahnya? atau karena orangtua2 angkatnya? Lalu apa sih sebenarnya isi surat Ibu Nora, Olivia kepada Nora? Alasan ibunya membunuh ayahnya? atau ngasih tau kalo dia sebetulnya tidak sinting? (yang
Jeaux Brown
Aug 10, 2013 Jeaux Brown rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO ONE!
Awful, awful, awful! One of the worst books I've ever read. John O'Hara could be funny at times, but otherwise this book was an utter waste of time. I would have spent my time better watching paint dry. I kept reading it because this book actually won awards and I kept thinking...this HAS to get better.
Nope. Truly sad that this book 1- could have won any awards and 2- that it actually got good reviews.

The only reason to read this book is to see how truly awful it is. I feel bad even donating thi
Kathy
Manning Wolfe
Apr 05, 2017 Manning Wolfe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-fiction
Well plotted and engaging characters make this Patterson book one of my favs! I can see why it's been a best seller for all this time. Loved it!
Sara
Jun 19, 2017 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books
Fast moving story of a black widow femme fatale with a trail of dead husbands and the FBI agent posing as a life insurance agent who, in the process of "investigating her claim" becomes involved with her.
Πάνος Τουρλής
Η Νόρα Σίνκλερ είναι διακοσμήτρια εσωτερικών χώρων. Στην αρχή της ιστορίας μαθαίνουμε ότι είναι παντρεμένη αλλά έχει και εραστή. Είναι και χήρα. Και τώρα θέλει να σκοτώσει και τους δύο άντρες της. Και ποιος είναι ο μυστηριώδης ασφαλιστής που τελείως ξαφνικά τη βρίσκει και της εξηγεί ότι δικαιούται την ασφάλεια ζωής του συζύγου της; Ποιος είναι ο μυστηριώδης Τουρίστας που καταφέρνει να διαβάσει κάποιες πολύτιμες πληροφορίες για μεταβίβαση χρημάτων στα νησιά Κέυμαν και πώς συνδέεται με την κεντρικ ...more
Melissa
Mar 11, 2017 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to come.
Jim Dooley
It was very difficult for me to decide on a rating for this novel. If I had been reading it over vacation at the beach, it might well have received 4-stars. However, I read it in conjunction with James Patterson's Master Class for novel writing ... which may not have put me in the best frame of mind for approaching it.

The issue is that this is a light soufflé of a novel that was always engaging, but I didn't believe the characters and all of the twists and turns for a second. About a third of th
Goldie
Originally posted on My Book Musings.

I just finished reading James Patterson’s collaboration with Howard Roughan, Honeymoon. It is called the “2005 International Thriller of the Year” but sadly, thrilled I am not. I am deliberating whether it’s because of my high expectations from James Patterson or the book just really is dull. Frankly, I have no idea how it came to be a thriller.

The book revolves around the stunning, top-notch interior decorator Nora Sinclair. She’s such a knock-out, a lot of
VaultOfBooks
Sep 01, 2013 VaultOfBooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story revolves around Nora Sinclair and her life. She is madly in love with Connor, a business tycoon who proposes to the lady with a lovely diamond ring. Nora is a busy interior decorator and she shuffles across the county in order to fulfill her commitments. But there’s a twist in the story. She is already married to a well known author Jeffery Walker who resides in Boston and her secret escapades are well covered by a series of lies. When Connor is suddenly found dead because of a heart a ...more
dreamer
Mar 20, 2011 dreamer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone looking for a fluff read
Shelves: read-in-2011
The review across the top of the front cover reads "WHAT A HONEY OF A STORY IT IS!...HONEYMOON IS SEXY AND SCARY."

It really was neither of those things.

In all actuality, it was a predictable "black widow" story with a few PG-13 references to sex or having it. I saw the end coming 200 pages before it happened, and the few twists thrown in were kind of minute details that wouldn't have really been missed had they been left out.

I think the problem with me reading these sorts of novels (Patterson,
Devin King
Honeymoon

Personal response
I personally think that this book starts off a little weird but the farther I got into the book the more it hooked me. The more I wanted to keep reading what Nora was going to do next.

Plot
The plot of the story is that a gal named Nora or Olivia Sinclair goes around dating rich people but they keep dying and their money disappears. But they all supposedly died of natural causes otherwise known as untraceable drugs. Being rich in Nora's book has a price of its own. Tha
Chrissy
Apr 19, 2013 Chrissy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
This was definitely something different for me -- I don't generally read the thriller/crime/suspense genre. But, a friend lent me this one and swore I'd like it, so I decided that it was at least worth a shot, right?

I do like that the story is told in a bazillion shorter chapters, which helps keep my attention a little better in this type of story. It was easy to pick this up in short spurts throughout the week without getting lost.

Basically, this is the tale of a black widow who finds rich men,
To Outline (OP) or Not To Outline (NOP) 1 2 Mar 12, 2017 09:12AM
good book 7 70 Jan 20, 2017 01:00PM
  • Bermuda Shorts
  • No Place Like Home
  • Iron Orchid (Holly Barker, #5)
  • At Risk (Winston Garano, #1)
  • Gone (Alex Delaware, #20)
  • Lost Souls (New Orleans, #5)
  • Over Her Dead Body
  • Lost Lake
  • Hide (Detective D.D. Warren, #2)
  • Devil's Corner
  • Cry Wolf (Doucet, #3)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Honeymoon (2 books)
  • Second Honeymoon (Honeymoon, #2)