Start by marking “Night's Landing (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #2)” as Want to Read:
Night's Landing (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #2)

Night's Landing (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  734 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Archaeologist Sarah Dunnemore is prepared for anything when she returns to her family home in Night’s Landing, Tennesseeanything except the news that her twin brother, Rob, has just been seriously wounded by a sniper in Central Park. She rushes to New York to be with him, only to come up against no-nonsense Nate Winter, also wounded in the attack.

As a deputy U.S. marshal N
Paperback
Published May 1st 2006 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Night's Landing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night's Landing

Ns
Night's Landing was a quick read for all the right reasons: engrossing, exciting, and mysterious, which were all sustained from start to finish. A romantic suspense that is driven by appealing characters who are integral to the story. There are no bystanders or "wasted" moments; every event counts and is relevant to the plot.

The trigger moment occurs at the beginning with a sniper's bullet that targets two U.S. marshals. One of which happens to be a friend of the President. Is it a random act o
Joy
Not one of Neggers's best efforts: the plot's a hot mess, with so many subplots that the central characters and their romance don't shine.
Lorena Davis
Sarah was home and she got a very shocking call from her brother that he was shot. Her brother was an FBI Agent and his partner was Nate. She rushed to the hospital and found out that her brother was in surgery and that his partner was shot too, but it wasn't that bad. Later on Sarah and Nate have to figure out who the shooter was before he tries to kill her.
Mary Baker
Carla Neggers is good at painting the scenery in her books. I enjoyed this novel, but wish she had given us the recipes for her tea and apple crisps.
Glenajo
Night’s Landing by Carla Neggers is the second book in her U.S. Marshal series. In the opening scene, US Marshals Nate Winter and Rob Dunnemore are shot in Central Park. Nate’s wound is slight, but Rob’s is critical, so his twin sister rushes to his bedside. Rob, afraid that his sister is a target, sends her home. When she receives a threatening letter, Nate comes to her aid in Tennessee. Odd things begin to happen involving her gardener, a reporter, snakes, and the President who was raised on a ...more
Carol Macdowell
Enjoyed the read. Great plot and fast moving action. Well thought out characters and good use of locale.
Stephanie
I read this back in the Winter of 2004-2005. I remember liking the book.
Linda Ng
This was an excellent Romantic Suspense novel. It was so interesting that I quickly picked up and read "The Rapids", "Cold Ridge" and "Dark Sky" by Carla Neggers. All four books involved related characters and so they kept me entertained. They also take you to adventerous places of interest such as the Neatherlands, Tennessee, New York, Hudson River Valley, New Hampshire and Vermont. I recommend this author to anyone who loves to read adventurous, suspense novels with a touch of romance. I reall ...more
Clio
Jan 31, 2014 Clio added it
Shelves: 2014
Quick suspense, fun plot lines and intriguing bad guys. Easy to read and enjoyable.
Mary White
Always a good read.
Amy White
I really like the U.S. Marshall's series and its characters! This book is more of her best suspense with characters you can really sink your teeth into.
Sarah Webber
I liked it but the plot was awfully complicated.
Lhenry
I haven't read the others in this series but this was fine as a stand alone, well actually it made me want to read more about the other secondary characters. I guess this is a hallmark of Neggers books - a rich cast of characters. I also liked that this one really started out with a lot of excitement and also finished up with even more action. Sarah and Nate made a good couple, I really couples who work side by side instead of some kind of power struggle.
Cgirl
'Nights Landing' is simply one of the best Carla Neggers books ever published. It is long on everything a romantic suspense novel should be. There is non stop suspense, sex, intriguing mystery and an action packed ending. Nate and Sarah come together under crazy circumstances. Nate is her wounded brothers partner and becomes her protector. When they flee the city for Sarah's remote childhood home sparks fly.
Leigh Ann Hunker
I liked the strong female centric character. A who dunnit with a bit of romance thrown in. The story is centered in Tennessee. Entertaining, easy read. Would be a good "vacation" book.
Mary Beth
Good story, likable characters, but I couldn't deal with all of the snakes. I hate snakes and I was completely grossed out by all of the mentions of them.
Catherine
I'm not sure why I finished this story. There were elements of the story line that I liked, but the characters just weren't that interesting or believable.
Jun 20, 2007 Jennifer rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Nobody
The book was poorly written and difficult to follow. The plot could be an easy reader and enjoyable, if you can get past the bad writing.
Joanne
I liked most of her books. I have read alot of them and there are the same characters throughout. I like that.
Pauline
Enjoyed this book.A romantic/thriller with a good split that it doesn't become over to mushy.
Michele
Good Characters but ending drug on forever. I think they are setting it up for the next book.
Beverly Laude
It was probably just me, but about halfway through the book, I just didn't care what happened!
Jane
First one of her books I've read. It was a good light summer read, although very predictable.
Donna
This the second book in series, the story moves quickly and has several "suprises".
Dcoulti
Not one of the best books in the series...characters in chapters hard to follow.
Kathy
Fast read although I didn't care for the unbelievable characters and story.
Mary
I am thinking that this book was my favorite of her books I have read.
Yacharms
good book. read it on a plane to and/or from hawaii.
Melyssa Williams
Sometimes you just need a romantic suspense book!
Tonya
Apr 04, 2012 Tonya added it
It was a great story! Murder and romance. Yay!
  • On the Edge: WITH Capsized AND Shelter Island AND Bougainvillea
  • Dead Giveaway (Stillwater Trilogy #2)
  • Run for Your Life
  • Everlasting Love
  • Born To Be Wild
  • Out of the Dark
  • Storm Warning
  • With Her Last Breath
  • Never Look Back (Look Trilogy, #2)
  • Thicker Than Water (Mordecai Young, #1)
  • Cutting Edge: A Novel of Suspense (FBI Trilogy, #3)
  • Something Deadly
Carla Neggers has been spinning stories ever since she climbed a tree with pad and pen at age eleven. Now she is the New York Times bestselling author of almost 70 novels, with millions of books sold in over 30 countries. Her popular Sharpe & Donovan romantic suspense series featuring FBI agents Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan launched with Saint’s Gate in 2011 and has been praised as “a breatht ...more
More about Carla Neggers...

Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals (6 books)
  • Cold Ridge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1)
  • The Rapids (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #3)
  • Dark Sky (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #4)
  • Breakwater (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #5)
  • Abandon (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #6)
The Widow (Boston Police/FBI, #1) Cold Pursuit (Black Falls, #1) Cold Ridge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1) Secrets of the Lost Summer (Swift River Valley, #1) Saint's Gate (Sharpe & Donovan, #1)

“Her emotions were raw, and she was on edge. Don't let things fester, Gus used to tell him and his sisters as kids. You need to cry, cry. You need to throw something, throw something. Just don't hurt anyone.” 2 likes