Start by marking “The Proud Wife” as Want to Read:
The Proud Wife

The Proud Wife

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  171 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Her husband wants her back!

Marina thought her dreams had come true when her husband placed a wedding band on her finger. But their marriage was not the fairytale she’d hoped for, and eventually Marina walked away, her heart broken. But two years on Pietro D’Inzeo no longer haunts Marina’s dreams. She knows the time has come to move on, and even a summons to join him in Si
Paperback, Mills & Boon Modern Romance #1061, 192 pages
Published March 2011 by Mills & Boon

To ask other readers questions about The Proud Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Proud Wife

I like Kate Walker's take on a couple who should have had the HEA... only life, circumstances, and shadows from the past challenged their marriage. There is some honesty here and happily Walker doesn't tread past the line with too much reality. What she accomplishes is a solemn portrait of a marriage where two people lost their way and the road back to each other. Above all she makes us believe that all be be well with these two.
Special kudos to Walker. I really liked how she kept the story foc
4 Stars ~ What had started as a minor fender bender on a rainy London afternoon, swiftly became an affair so passionate that scattered both Pietro's and Marina's brains. Neither could think clearly in the other's presence, and when that passion resulted in a pregnancy, Pietro insisted that they marry. Pietro belongs to an aristocratic family in Sicily, holding the title of Principe, and this baby would be his heir. Marina had fallen in love with Pietro, so marriage and family became all she drea ...more
This was a nice emotional story,the basic plot is Pietro(he is a prince in Sicily)-Marina(commoner) both meet and sparks fly,they start their affair but then Marina falls ill and she does'nt take a pill which leads to pregnancy,Pietro says they will marry immediately cause no heir of his will be born illegitimate,Marina has her doubts but Pietro convinces her and they get married first few months are really happy and good but then Marina loses the baby and then from there their marriage takes ro ...more
Linda Sims

Two years ago Marina had left her husband Pietro and returned home. Now he is demanding she return to Scilly to discuss terms for a divorce. This couple had a whirlwind romance and then married. Then disaster struck and Marina left.

Many mistakes were made by this couple most of all a lack of communication, then what man in his right mind moves himself and his new bride in to live with his mother, he then spent too much time at work.

This was an okay read from this author, I
There isn't much of a plot in this book. And the story mostly revolves around the events of one single day. The day when the "wife" finally meets her husband after almost two years of separation, to finalize their divorce. After that it pretty much becomes clichéd, what with the ever-present can't-keep-my-hands-off-of-you sexual attraction and the BIG misunderstanding/miscommunication. One thing good about this book is that after their tempestuous reunion(which, to be honest, extends well beyond ...more
Romance is a popular fiction genre and one I enjoy occasionally. I liked this one a lot. A satisfying read for anyone who enjoys emotional drama. Only two characters and a few bit players. A couple get together to discuss their divorce and realize that they're still in love. Through the dialogues we learn the backstory, how they met, how they parted and how they find their way back to each other again. If there is a message and I do believe that all good fiction carries a message, it is that whe ...more
Jul 13, 2014 TashNz rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 2nd chance lovers, emotional,
My autographed copy of The Proud Wife came down off the shelf yesterday when Kate's Facebook page shared yesterday that the Kindle version was currently free at the AmazonUK website. I recalled loving it but couldn't remember why until I opened the first page and started reading... not putting it down until the very last page.

Pietro, a Sicilian billionaire Prince of ages old ancestry, summons his ex wife Marina back to Sicily to discuss the terms of their divorce. Left with no option but an imme
Virginia Campbell
"The Proud Wife" wants nothing from the husband from whom she has been separated for two years. She keeps telling herself this over and over, right up until the moment she is once again face to face with the man she married. In author Kate Walker's touching, tempestuous romance, Englishwoman Marina Emerson was swept off her feet by the captivating charm of Prince Pietro D'inzeo of Sicily. Their whirlwind of passion resulted in an unplanned pregnancy and a quick marriage. Tragically, the baby was ...more
This is the story of Marina and Pietro, they have been separated for two years. Now Pietro feels its time to divorce and for them both to move on with their lives. He orders her to Sicily in order to lay out the terms of the divorce, thinking she would be more than happy with the settlement he has planned. Marina, however, goes to Sicily with the determination to finally put Pietro behind her and accept nothing from him. When they meet again it is clear they are both still very much attracted to ...more
The fire burning beneath the ashes.

When Pietro officially ‘summons’ Marina back to Sicily with the excuse of discussing the terms of their divorce, she attends, only to have the satisfaction to tell him she wants nothing from him, but to send their short marriage into oblivion. None of them imagine the attraction that brought them together is still there. And the passion is burning hotter than ever. Unexpectedly, they are facing each other and their painful past.

A past where everything happene
Donna Alward
I have loved tackling the TBR. I can look at my stack of category romances and pick what tickles my fancy. I remember Kate mentioning something about being unsure of this cover (the UK version) and how it fit the story, but I found the cover really intriguing! I wanted to know more about who this woman was. The US cover is more "colour correct" - the heroine has red hair - but there's something about this one that I love.

But inside the pages, and while I enjoyed being in Marina's head, it was th
A passionate hot read about rediscovering your first & only true love. A modern day "Cinderella" story with a Prince & commoner who find love, get married, & lose each other with the death of their baby. They meet again to finalize their divorce only to feel the passion consume them. This time they actually talk to each other to discover what went wrong so that they can find love again.
I don't know how to describe it...In the beginning you're waiting for something to happen between Pietro and Marina. There's sexual tension, of course. It's very exciting to read what happens between these two. Will they find love again or will they actually get divorced? Read for yourself! It's worth the time..
I could not get into this book at all - ended up skimming through it.
I loved it....!!!
I love Kate Walker's books but The Proud Wife was just so boring!

I felt like there was no plot, too much descriptions and too little dialog between the hero and heroine.

Also, I felt like there was some missing information about the relationship between Marina and Pierto like how they met and how long did they know one another before they got married.

The Proud Wife is definitely not Kate Walker best book in my opinion.

I hope I'll enjoy her next book more.
it was close to a 5 star..very very close but i don't know i find something lacking. maybe too much happening on only one day..yes the book took place on one day only. fabulous read anyway!:-)
Overall nice and angsty which I love. A little overwritten at times and I had to skim and there was a plot point toward the end that made me go huh!? but overall a very good HP.
Christy Olesen
High octane characters, this separated couple work out their difficulties in 24 hours. Kate Walker is an excellent writer. This one was a little too intense for me.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Italian Temptation!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Italian Temptation!
Lilain marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Beiza added it
Nov 27, 2015
Jackie marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Anjana marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
  • One Last Night
  • Just One Last Night
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • The Society Wife
  • Taming the Last St. Claire (The Scandalous St. Claires #3)
  • Ruthless Greek Boss, Secretary Mistress
  • The Devil's Heart
  • The Inherited Bride
  • Hired by Her Husband
  • Not For Sale
  • The S Before Ex
  • The Final Price
  • The Disgraced Playboy (Bad Blood, #2)
  • The Man Who Risked it All
  • Forbidden or For Bedding?
  • Purchased: His Perfect Wife (Wedlocked!)
  • Surf, Sea And A Sexy Stranger (Modern Heat) (Brothers & Sisters, #1)
I was born in Nottinghamshire, England, but I didn't live there for very long. The family moved to West Yorkshire when I was just eighteen months old and so I have always regarded Yorkshire as my home. I grew up there as the middle child in a family of five—all girls—in a home where books were vitally important and I read anything I could get my hands on.

Even before I could write I was making up s
More about Kate Walker...