Start by marking “A Prideful Mate (Supernatural Mates #2)” as Want to Read:
A Prideful Mate (Supernatural Mates #2)

A Prideful Mate (Supernatural Mates #2)

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  1,336 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
When a lion and a jaguar shifter fall in love, the fur flies.

After having two boys of his own, Kevin, a werelion, is ready to find his mate. Searching on a shifter online dating service he finds Payce the werejaguar of his dreams. When someone tries to hurt the man who would be his mate, Kevin shows his new lover what he's willing to do to keep the supernatural mate of his
Published February 28th 2011 by Pride Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Prideful Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Prideful Mate

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
163rd out of 934 books — 1,268 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
140th out of 506 books — 1,022 voters

More lists with this book...

Kassa
May 01, 2011 Kassa rated it it was ok
I usually consider Amber Kell to be popcorn reading. It’s not necessarily well written but the sex scenes are hot and the situations interesting enough for the short story. There are always editing problems but this has gotten better over time. Unfortunately this new shifter series is so rushed there is nothing tangible to the stories. The second book has a couple of sex scenes, a psycho human that hates shifter, a new insta-romance/love, and even pride dynamics thrown in. There is so much that ...more
Serena Yates
Oct 12, 2016 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, shifters
After the hilarity of book one in this series, with an alpha lion mating a rather scary werewolf and all the interspecies issues that followed, I was looking forward to this second story. It’s about the second male lion in Talan’s pride, Kevin, and the man he finds via Werekind Wanted, an online dating site for shifters. Kevin’s mate turns out to be a jaguar, and with two feisty catshifters trying to make a mating work, and knowing that would not be easy, I was rubbing my hands in glee before I ...more
Ale Rivero
Jun 10, 2016 Ale Rivero rated it really liked it
Volver con los leones ha sido un placer. Aquí vemos a Kevin y Payce que deben seguir un largo camino para finalmente decidirse a estar juntos y pelear por su amor.
Ver al pequeño Chase ahí en medio tan bonito y feliz por tener dos papis, es lo más, aunque me gustaría que Quinn se sienta de la misma manera.
Y por supuesto, Talan y Adrian que también tienen su participación y aportan juego a la historia. Recomendable.

Luego de una segunda lectura he logrado ver cómo el deseo por una pareja puede ser
Tam
Jul 15, 2011 Tam rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, shifters
Once again, the blurb describes the story. Kevin has two sons with female Tia, but knows his mate is a man. Scrolling through the shifter dating website, he sees Payce and knows he’s it. Within a couple of days they are together and making like monkeys, um, cat-shifters. Payce is a jaguar, who sometimes has trouble holding his human form when he gets upset, but Kevin is instantly smitten, and they are perfectly matched in the bedroom with Kevin being more dominant. Within 90 min, Kevin has put ...more
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

Book 2 is another light and easy read but I personally didn’t like Kevin as much as Talan.

Kevin has cubs by one of the females in the pride but knows she is not his mate. He is certain his mate will be a man and seeing Talan and Adrian together has made him more anxious to find him.

It’s another picture perfect moment when he finds his mate on a dating site! Payce is a Jaguar and the whole mating, pride, family and children thing freaks him out but also strangely c
DaisyGirl
2.5 Stars

This is Kevin's (werelion) and Payce's (werejaguar) story. Kevin finds Payce through an online dating service. Kevin has two sons with a female werelion but is looking for his mate. He finds him when he finds Payce.

The premise was ... interesting. I would have liked to see the tension between Payce and the mother of Kevin's children more fully developed and explored.

Bottom line: too short (especially for the price).
Christy Duke
Yep, this lion pride is a hoot! Kevin was hot and his little boys were the cutest, while Payce was adorable. I'm really enjoying this series as it is fun and sexy and definitely keeps my interest for a short story. Looking forward to the next one.
Ami
Mar 02, 2011 Ami rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-short-stories
While the idea of finding your mate through website is nice the rest of the story is just so-so for me. It's like reading the story, fast-forward way, because everything happens just so quick it has no room for actual romancing *shrugs*
Barbara Means
Dec 14, 2015 Barbara Means rated it it was amazing
This is the second book to this series. And I really enjoyed reading this one as well.
Its about how one lion in the pride has two children by a lioness but they aren't mates. Each wanted children Tai the lioness because she didn't want to wit for her mate to have children and Kevin because he knew his mate was male.
Tai helps Kevin go on a website called Werekin Wanted. Its were all kinds of werekin can come and find a mate that is there true mate. As they look on the site. They make fun of some
Nerine Petros
Mar 10, 2011 Nerine Petros rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The start to a Prideful Mate jumps right in where From Pack to Pride leaves off. The story again focuses on the lion pride living up in the mountains, and the lack of available mates for those living there. This problem was solved by the creation of the 'Werekin Wanted' dating service website, a rather fun and novel way for Amber to introduce a mate.

Kevin is a lion yearning for his better half. Content with his life so far, Kevin is a happy go lucky soul living a life of ease. He has two childre
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
When can three equal a suitable two? When people learn to compromise and stop to listen. Ah, but that’s not always so easy...especially when there’s a lion and a jaguar involved.

Amber Kell’s book, A Prideful Mate is a complicated and intricate read. There’s a lot going on in just a few pages, but it’s interesting to see how Ms. Kell makes it all work. Although this is a short read, I felt immersed in the story and needed to know what would happen next. I liked the twists and turns as well. Just
ARe Cafe
Apr 08, 2013 ARe Cafe rated it really liked it
Shelves: bbb-picks
Amber Kell’s Supernatural Mate series is fun to read. The characters are interesting (to say the least) and there’s always a bad guy that needs to be taken down. From Pack to Pride is the first book, and A Prideful Mate is the second. In A Prideful Mate we meet Kevin who is looking for a mate finally. Seeing what Adrian and Talon have, makes him want a man. He and his good friend Tia already have two cubs and they are grown up enough to accept another person in their lives. On the other side, ...more
LutaWolf
Aug 12, 2011 LutaWolf rated it liked it
Amber Kell is my hot cocoa read so I don't expect high levels angst or too much plot considering the stories are usually short. However I do expect lots of details, in-depth characters, humor, and solid character connection. While the plot was fast that was as I said before expected. The characters were still in-depth as ever. However the details that I always expect weren't there. I know that Kevin is tall and blond and gold. I know that his mate is his height with more muscles, dark hair, and ...more
Blackravens Reviews
Apr 16, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it really liked it
Amber Kell gives us wonderful descriptions of the characters; they come to life on the page and I enjoy the opportunity to get to know them. As well, the 65 pages of the story flew by and there was nothing left unsaid. I can also see possibilities arising from this story for future tales; I’m definitely hoping that there are many more in this, Kell’s Supernatural Mates, series. I do love hot, sexy shifters falling in love, and the romances are magic! Read the rest of the review here: http://www. ...more
Meg Kinch
Jul 03, 2011 Meg Kinch rated it liked it
*sigh* I give this a 2.5 really, but rounded up to a 3. There was a premise for a great story here, but I found it fell a little flat. While I'm a HUGE fan of the insta-mate concept, I felt that the bond between the two heroes was severely lacking. I never really felt connected to either. There was so much packed into the 60 pg short story that I felt there really wasn't any time for them to get that bond formed.
Lexi Ander
Mar 03, 2011 Lexi Ander rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-shifters
The angst and danger were not drawn out and are overcome with relative ease. This wasn’t really long enough to draw out the problems. We learned more on the different cat cultures and a long term nemesis P.A.W.S. (cracks me up). I did enjoy this quick read and I am still interested in reading more of the series.
Janie
Jan 06, 2014 Janie rated it liked it
While I didn't like this book as much as book 1 it was still pretty good. Kevin and Payce are great characters. I thought there was just too much going on to be crammed into such a short story. I liked that Kevin had 2 little boys and Payce was so worried about how he'd feel about them, but it was all for nothing as they got along just fine.
Meggie
Mar 03, 2011 Meggie rated it liked it
Shelves: shape-shifters
The story is easy and even if main couple, Kevin and Payce, mate fast in this book I didn't really mind it, at all. The writing style is comical and mature, but then if we consider that this Author manly writers that type of books the plot really should be developed more. But why bother if you can sell a book with easy, half developed same type of plots.
Everly Reynolds
Jun 11, 2013 Everly Reynolds rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
First book I read of hers and I was certainly pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the romance and the drama, both were quite believable. My only gripe was that the stories could've been longer, but I think that's a testament to the fact that they were good and left me wanting more.
Chris
Jul 10, 2011 Chris rated it it was ok
Recommended to Chris by: Tam
2.5 stars. Ok paranormal m/m romance about a lion shifter who sees a picture of jaguar shifter on a shifter dating website and knows the jaguar shifter is his mate. Now he just has to convince his mate to stay... and keep his mate alive.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Jan 31, 2013 Wendy ~M/M Junkie~ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: source-calibre
This is the second book in the Supernatural Mates series by Amber Kell. I am hooked on this series as well! I love the characters and they all seemed to be paired nicely. I am diving into book 3 right away! I highly recommend this book to fans of the PNR M/M genre.
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
A fun and "fluffy" read. This was a short read so doesn't have the detail of longer books. Like most of Amber Kell's books the story was on the light side with an uncomplicated plot line. So fun when you need a light and fun read:)
Christina
May 12, 2013 Christina rated it really liked it
This is probably one of my fav amber kell short story cuz Kevin is sweet and not overbearing and the same as all the other guys in her other books. And Payne is also really cute so it's a cute story and the D/S is hot!
Jen Pinto
Mar 27, 2011 Jen Pinto rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one. It was a bit longer than the others by Kell that I've read so far and it was humorous as well. I'd love to see more in this Supernatural Mates series as well as longer stories.
Janet
Mar 07, 2011 Janet rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters
Easy, Breezy, nothing too angsty, if your in the mood for a read but don't have the time/energy to invest in a an epic saga exporing the emotional equivialnt of the Mariana trench it's quick fun read, especially if your like me and are a fan of Amber Kell and/or read the first in the series.
Ryoma Gartre
not as good as the first, could have played more with the control of the jaguar shifter and the hurt about Payce still calling his apartment his home was a little forced, some things were left unresolved and the end felt rushed and open.
Wax
Dec 14, 2015 Wax rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, borrowed
Cute story about fated mates, with a lion/jaguar pairing. Some predictable issues but I liked it overall.
Karen K
**3 1/2** I didn't get into this one as much as the first. It felt a little rushed but it was still a good read.
Brenda (b)
Jun 12, 2011 Brenda (b) rated it really liked it
Kevin finds his mate and fall for him as soon as he sees his picture. Now he has to convince Payce that they're mates.
Anna
Jan 08, 2014 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very fast mating involved here but more realistic with the following complications in the relationship. Good read.
  • A Tempting Distraction (Lost Shifters #7)
  • Luke's Surprise (Shifters' Haven #1)
  • Blood of a Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Ethan's Freedom (Portals, #1)
  • Werewolf at the Zoo (Wolves of Stone Ridge #1)
  • Fang And Fur (Midnight Matings #6)
Amber Kell has made a career out of daydreaming. It has been a lifelong habit she practices diligently as shown by her complete lack of focus on anything not related to her fantasy world building.

When she told her husband what she wanted to do with her life he told her to go have fun.

During those seconds she isn't writing she remembers she has children who humor her with games of 'what if' and let
More about Amber Kell...

Supernatural Mates (8 books)
  • From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1)
  • A Prideless Man (Supernatural Mates #3)
  • Nothing To Do With Pride (Supernatural Mates #4)
  • Talan's Treasure (Supernatural Mates #5)
  • More than Pride (Supernatural Mates #6)
  • Protecting His Pride (Supernatural Mates #7)
  • Overcoming His Pride (Supernatural Mates #8)