Start by marking “To Wed a Wild Lord (Hellions of Halstead Hall #4)” as Want to Read:
To Wed a Wild Lord (Hellions of Halstead Hall #4)

To Wed a Wild Lord (Hellions of Halstead Hall #4)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  3,775 Ratings  ·  261 Reviews
Drowning in guilt over his best friend's death seven years ago, Lord Gabriel Sharpe, the Angel of Death, knows his only hope at redemption is a race against a shocking opponent.

Shrouded in darkness for the past seven years, the infamous racer Lord Gabriel Sharpe is known to accept every challenge to race thrown at him. When his next challenge comes in the form of his late
359 pages
Published November 22nd 2011

To ask other readers questions about To Wed a Wild Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Wed a Wild Lord

The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. WardCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareInsatiable by Lauren Dane
Hottest Guy on a Cover
396th out of 1,348 books — 1,766 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesPerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
Bad boys meet the virgins
311th out of 984 books — 2,186 voters

More lists with this book...

Nisha
So, I must warn you that it has been awhile since I read/listened to this book. I say this because, some of the details would be a little blurry, but overall, I enjoyed this book. Which seems to NOT be the common opinion.

So this is the 4th book, following the wild lord Gabriel Sharpe, who by now, we have grown to love. He wears all black because he believes he's the Angel of Death and that anyone he touches would die (load of baloney, I know). 7 years ago, his best friend died in a race with him
♡Karlyn P♡
3.5 stars. An enjoyable read, and possibly the best in the series. Lord Gabriel Sharpe made a great hero type, rough around the edges but not too full of himself. Virgina was likable heroine and a good match for Gabe. This was a fun, steamy, light historical romance.

After his grandmother threatened her five grandchildren to marry within one year or be disinherited from her fortune, Gabe took the pragmatic approach to finding a bride. Out of guilt he set his eye on the lovely Virginia Waverly, l
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.com.

Expected Release Date: November 22, 2011 (Available Now!)
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Imprint: Pocket Star
Author’s Website: http://www.sabrinajeffries.com/
My Source for This Book: GalleyGrab
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 4, Hellions of Halstead Hall
Series Best Read In Order: Works well as a standalone.
Steam Level: Steamy

For years, the notorious Lord Gabriel Sharpe has embraced his persona as The Angel of Death — a r
Anna D.
May 27, 2014 Anna D. rated it really liked it
Shelves: hr
Not surprisingly I enjoyed this book a great deal! Gabriel and Virginia make a great pair and I of course loved every scene when the Sharpe siblings and their spouses were present. I do have a couple things to complain about. First (and this surprised me), as much as I admire and usually enjoy Grandma Hetty’s pluck and scheming, at the beginning of Gabe’s book I got a little tired of her hardness and intervention. I think I only like it in small doses and in Gabe’s book she was more involved. ...more
Nihawmi
Aug 05, 2016 Nihawmi rated it really liked it
"Bilgisayarıma Destkop'a sticky notes bile yaptıydım bu yayıevinin çıkaracağı yazarları ki onlarda şöyleydi:
Julia Quinn,Nicole Jordan,Anna Campbell,Nora Roberts Kasımda
Mary Balog(kalp) ve Lisa Kleypas ( kalp x 2) ise Aralıkta.
Bunların arasında bu yazarı belirtmeden ansızın çıkarmalarıhoşuma gitti. Sevindim valla. Bu yayınevinin saman altından okyanus yürütmesi bu defa hoşuma gitti :)" demişim bu kitap ilk çıktığında ama Nora ve JQ hariç bahsettiklerimden gene ses seda yok. Neyse..

Kitabı çok beğ
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
Cocktails and Books
Oct 12, 2011 Cocktails and Books rated it really liked it
Gabriel Sharpe loves to race and when he does he pushes it to the edge. Despite the death of his best friend while "threading the needle" during a race against him hasn't stopped him. But his grandmother's ultimatum to marry before the end of the year has forced his hand to make a decision. He'll offer marriage to Virginia Waverly, his best friend's sister, and absolve himself from the guilt from his part in his friend's death and give Virginia a home to live in. First he has to convince her she ...more
ѕєяєηιтι
Minerva'nın hikayesini çıktığı gibi okumuştum ama bu kitaba fırsatım olmamıştı anca okuyabildim:)

Yine çok güzel bir kitaptı. 3. Kitapta Gabriel ile Virginia sinyali verilmişti zaten. Kızımız Gaby’e yarışmak için meydan okumuştu ama ondan sonrası ne oldu görememiştik bu kitapta o meydan okumadan 1.5 ay sonra başlıyor.

7 yıl önce Gabriel ve en yakın arkadaşı Roger iddaa üzerine yarışıyor ve o sırada Roger ölüyor ve Gabriel’e Ölüm Meleği denmeye başlıyor hiç bir meydan okumayı geri çevirmiyor..

Roge
Antica
I started this series with this book lol .. I'm going to go backwards after this

The Author has been able to create such a fascinating family. I just love all the Sharp siblings; they are all their own person with their own personality, view on life and issues.

I did enjoy reading Virginia as a character, she has the right head on top of her shoulders and thinks logically. she is responsible and passionate. You can see that she grows as a character from being someone who, while independent, can
Mei
Jul 01, 2014 Mei rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
In line with the previous books of the series!
For this one the same applies.
These books can be read as a standalone, but it is better to read them in order because they're connected.
Limau Nipis
After a short story by Sabrina Jeffries that I read way back in 2010, I was pleasantly surprised by this novel.

All characters are strong with arrays of emotions (wonderful character development), which is essential for me - hah, take that Harlequinn, after I gave a scathing review on this novel. I really need a good book after feeling my time was wasted after reading that.

My take on this novel..

Gabe has always always always feel guilty over Virginia's brother's death, because he was the one who
Norav
May 20, 2015 Norav rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J'adore toujours autant cette série. La famille est toujours parfaite. On découvre enfin le secret de Gabriel qu'on soupçonnait dans les autres tomes.
J'attends avec impatience le tome 5 qui va surement mettre en avant 2 personnes que j'aime beaucoup....
Sgurbet
Dec 19, 2012 Sgurbet rated it it was amazing
serinin diger kitaplari gibi bu kitabi da begendim...
zaman zaman diger kardeslerin de kitapta yer almasi güzeldi ve celia'yla ilgili ip uclari nedeniyle de onun hikayesini de cok merak ettim insallah en kisa zaman onu da okuruz...
ben begendim ve kesinlikle okumanizi tavsiye ederim :)
Viviane Crystal
Sep 25, 2011 Viviane Crystal rated it really liked it
Lord Gabriel Sharpe’s heart has been broken twice already in his very young life. The first time came with the mysterious death of his parents and then with the untimely death of his friend, Roger Waverly. In between all of this mind-numbing grief comes a challenge from Roger’s sister to race “the needle’s thread,” a hair-raising course which turns into a single lane between boulders. Why would Gabe want to woo her but refuse her challenge? And what does his grandmother’s meddling ultimatum have ...more
Natasha
Jun 09, 2012 Natasha rated it really liked it
Sabrina Jeffries is one of my favorite historical romance authors ever. Her novels are exciting, humorous and addictive. I haven't read a novel by her that I didn't like. She really know's how to write a gripping romance.

Gabriel was a character I've been wanting to read along with for a while. He's tough on the outside, but deep inside he's still that young boy who yearns for love. Although, he believes he's not worthy. It was touching reading along with Virgina while he opened up to her. His t
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
Nov 30, 2012 ஐ฿υκєτஐ rated it really liked it
Sabrina Jeffries favori historical yazarlarımdandır.Okuyupta sevmediğim tek bir kitabı var.Oda Aşk Hırsızı.Nedendir bilmem onu okurken sıkılmıştım

Neyse gelelim bu seriye.Serinin dört kitabı çıktı bu güne kadar.İçlerinde en beğendiğim kitap Sır Gibi Sakladımdı.Hala da favorim o.İkinci sırada da Vahşi bir lordun kollarında gelmekte.

Kitabımız en küçük erkek kardeş Gabriel ve onun yarış sırasında ölen arkadaşı Roger'ın kız kardeşi Virginia'nın hikayesi.

Virginia esas kızımız.Kendileri abisinin ölümün
April
Nov 30, 2011 April rated it really liked it
4.5)TO WED A WILD LORD by Sabrina Jeffries is an exciting continuance of "Hellions of Halstead Hall" series set in 1806 England. See "The Truth About Lord Stoneville","A Hellion in Her Bed" and "How to Woo a Reluctant Lady".This is the story of Lord Gabriel Sharpe and Virginia Waverly. Lord Gabriel is the youngest grandson of Hetty Plumtree who has given all the Sharpe children an ultimatum: marry or loss their inheritance. So Lord Gabriel decides to marry Virginia,but she is not so willing. ...more
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
I might have liked Gabe if Virginia hadn't been there.

To me the heroine was unlikeable and boring, a mishmash of other boring heroines with just a dash of self-righteousness in order to give her a reason to interact with our hero. She's mouthy (and not in a good way), stubborn, wilfully ignorant and a snot. I don't really care what her reason for being a jerk to Gabe and his family was I couldn't get past her attitude.

Gabe could've been so much more exciting but instead he's saddled with the ba
Shelly
Mar 29, 2016 Shelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting for this book for too long! But as usual, it was worth the wait! I wasn't sure I liked Gabe in the other books, but here we really get to delve into the dark side of this reckless man, and I fell in love! What woman's heart wouldn't want to just wrap this grieving soul up in love? The heroine, Virginia was a good match for him, although I did feel a little sorry for her. Her whole life she seems to be taken for granted by everyone, including her grandfather, and it's not ...more
Cik Aini
Nov 12, 2012 Cik Aini rated it really liked it
I just started to read this author's works after reading the short story The French Maid. It was sweet and then, I started to read the Hellions' series. Nothing short of wonders, with their grandmother's ultimatum of her grandchildren must marry within short span of time or lose their inheritance, the author was able to weave different story line for each character in the series.

Even though this is the fourth book in the series, Gabriel as an Angel of Death had demons on its own that he needs t
Dawn
Nov 26, 2011 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jeffries-sabrina
Another terrific story in this series. They have all been wonderful reading. I can already tell I will be sorry when it is over. There is only one more, I think, since there is only one more sibling, unless she takes it in a different direction.

This is Gabe's story. He is called the Angel of Death because of his reckless ways with racing. This is the way he deals with the deaths of their parents. Seven years ago he raced his best friend who died when he crashed into boulders they were trying to
Paula
Oct 04, 2011 Paula rated it really liked it
I received this book as a giveaway from the Sabrina Jeffries web site. Thank You
I love reading stores about groups of people with each book adding to the entirety of the larger family story. Lord Gabriel Sharpe needs to wed. Grandma has issued an ultimatum that if all he grandchildren don't wed no inheritance. He fixes on Virginia Waverly as a possible wife, the sister of his friend who died in a race. She despises him and believes he recklessly enticed her brother into the race that killed him.
Mey Buentipo
"....but I know why I love you. You’re my beacon in the darkness, and my compass on a night sea. When I’m with you, I don’t want to dance with Death. I want to dance with Life. I want to dance with you. And whatever it takes, I mean to spend the rest of my life trying to deserve you.”

This is the sweetest thing I have read. I also ache for the hero. I loved the h/h. The fourth book of this series. Now I am so excited for the last book. The new revelation for their parents death is so exciting. Ad
Songül
Dec 03, 2012 Songül rated it really liked it
Seri içerisinde keyifle okuduğum bu ikinci hikayeyi ben beğendim..Gözü kara , hırçın ve Ölüm Meleği adı ile anılmaktan rahatsızlık duymayan Gabriel Sharpe ile abisinin acısını unutamamış , aksi ve bildiğinden şaşmayan Virginia arasındaki ilişkinin bir iddiadan yola çıkıp Aşk 'a varışını okumak eğlenceliydi..Tabii hikayede yer alan iki dediğim dedik aile büyüklerini unutmamak olmaz :)) Serinin son kitabı ne zaman çıkar bilinmese de , zira "bu yeni çıktı hemen sormaya başlamayın " diyenleri duyar ...more
Kübra Yağmur
Sep 19, 2016 Kübra Yağmur rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Bu kadının yazdığı asillere aşığım. Tek kelimeyle söyleyeceğim budur herhalde :D Büyükannenin verdiği ültimatom bence son derece doğru ve yerinde bir karardı ve sonuçları da aynı şekilde. Bu beş kardeş, geçmiş acılarının arasına sıkışmış, kendi yöntemleriyle hayatta kalmaya çalışan çocuklar. Gabriel'de kendini atlara ve yarışlara vermiş, ölümden korkmadığını iddia eden, kendisine Ölüm Meleği denilmesinden hoşlandığını göstermeye çalışan biriydi ve hak ettiği aşkı Virgina'da buldu.
Julia
Aug 18, 2015 Julia rated it really liked it
contrairement au précédent tome qui m'avait déçue, celui-ci était over couinant :)
s'il y avait eu l'humour du premier, j'aurais même mis 5 étoiles !
j'ai adoré Gabriel que j'ai trouvé touchant, intéressant, très attirant... j'ai toujours eu un faible pour les héros tourmentés qui ne laissent leurs failles apparaître que devant leur belle.
Virginia est parfaite pour lui, avec sa fougue, son besoin de reconnaissance et sa force.
leur histoire est belle et monte en puissance sans s'essouffler.
très bon
Kusanagi
Oct 30, 2015 Kusanagi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, regency, 19-ème
Plus un 4,5 ...Je ne dirais pas mon tome favori (j'attends beaucoup du prochain et surtout du prochain couple ^^) mais j'ai beaucoup aimé la relation entre Gabriel et Virginia.

J'aime aussi que Grand-mère Hetty commence à être confrontée à ses choix et remise en cause dans sa façon de s'occuper de la vie de ses petits-enfants. Et qu'elle aussi se retrouve prise au piège d'une attirance imprévue huhuhu....

Et le mystère autour de la mort des parents progresse....
Jultri
Nov 24, 2015 Jultri rated it liked it
Somewhat silly plot with characters doing inexplicable things. For example, why would the heroine want to challenge the hero to a horse race when her brother died during one such race against the hero? How did she go from believing him to be the devil incarnate to a 'good man' after 2 kisses and a tumble in the hay within a few days? I could go on and on. However, the writing was okay and nothing offended me too much.
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
DNF on page 18.

I can't, guys, I can't.

Kim Rozzell
Aug 16, 2011 Kim Rozzell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sabrina Jeffries can do no wrong, in my humble opinion. Her Hellions of Halstead Hall series has been a perfect 10 the whole way through. I admittedly enjoyed TO WOO A RELUCTANT LADY a bit more than TO WED A WILD LORD--but only due to the fact that I have a girl-crush on Minerva. Get the whole series, Regency romance lovers! You won't be disappointed!
  • A Winter Scandal (Legend of St. Dwynwen, #1)
  • A Beginner's Guide to Rakes (Scandalous Brides, #1)
  • Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, #4.5)
  • If You Give A Girl A Viscount (Impossible Bachelors, #4)
  • By Love Unveiled (Restoration, #1)
  • Midnight Pleasures with a Scoundrel (Scoundrels of St. James, #4)
  • Trouble at the Wedding (Abandoned at the Altar, #3)
  • How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal Green, #6)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Sunrise with a Notorious Lord (Lords of Vice, #4)
  • Wicked Nights With a Lover (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #3)
  • The Capture of the Earl of Glencrae (Cynster, #18; The Cynster Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane, #2)
  • How to Seduce a Scoundrel (How To #2)
  • A Most Dangerous Profession (Hurst Amulet, #3)
  • The Virtuoso (Duke's Obsession, #3; Windham, #3)
  • How to Dance with a Duke (Ugly Ducklings, #1)
  • My Ruthless Prince (Inferno Club, #4)
Sabrina Jeffries is the NYT bestselling author of over 50 novels and works of short fiction (some written under the pseudonyms Deborah Martin and Deborah Nicholas). Whatever time not spent writing in a coffee-fueled haze of dreams and madness is spent traveling with her husband and adult autistic son or indulging in one of her passions—jigsaw puzzles, chocolate, and music. With over 8 million ...more
More about Sabrina Jeffries...

Hellions of Halstead Hall (6 books)
  • The Truth About Lord Stoneville (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #1)
  • A Hellion in Her Bed (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #2)
  • How to Woo a Reluctant Lady (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #3)
  • A Lady Never Surrenders (Hellions of Halstead Hall #5)
  • 'Twas the Night after Christmas (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #6; The Duke's Men, #0.5)

“Mother nature is a fickle and forgetful bitch," she snapped. "She needs a helping hand and I am trying to hurry her along for their sake.” 13 likes
“Her eyes began to shimmer with tears. “You . . . you love me?”

His heart seemed permanently lodged in his throat. “More than life. God only knows why you love me, because I sure as hell don’t, but I know why I love you. You’re my beacon in the darkness, and my compass on a night sea. When I’m with you, I don’t want to dance with Death. I want to dance with Life. I want to dance with you. And whatever it takes, I mean to spend the rest of my life trying to deserve you.”
10 likes