Start by marking “Twizzlers Percentages Book” as Want to Read:
Twizzlers Percentages Book

Twizzlers Percentages Book

This book features wonderfully wacky characters interacting with Twizzlers to illustrate the concept of percentages. As he's done with fractions, addition, and counting, author Jerry Pallotta makes learning fun in the light, relaxed way that has become his trademark. Sure to be as popular with kids as a bag of candy
Published December 1st 2001 by Cartwheel (first published November 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Twizzlers Percentages Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twizzlers Percentages Book

Erin
Nov 17, 2015 Erin rated it it was ok
Shelves: 03-informational
I was bored during this book. There were a lot of numbers on the page; in fact, it seemed to mostly consist of a line or two of text and then rows and rows of fractions and percentage signs and fractions and decimals. It overwhelmed even me- I didn't want to stare at all those numbers. And if you didn't, what was there to learn about percentages?
Ashley Whiteley
Mar 27, 2014 Ashley Whiteley rated it liked it
This book actually was kind of confusing to me. It was just kind of all over the place. I am not a math person though so that could explain it. I think that if I read it again and really focused then I would have figured it out. It is a creative way to teach math. It would even be super great to actually use real Twizzlers!
Amandalynn
Jun 02, 2013 Amandalynn rated it it was amazing
I used this for a lesson when we were talking about percentages after learning fractions. I then gave them 10 black twists and 10 red twists and they had to complete a worksheet asking different percentages of reds or blacks and they had to convert them from fractions to percentages and then to decimals. Best part is they were able to eat the twists upon their completion of the assignment.
Beth
Aug 09, 2012 Beth rated it it was ok
I didn't like this book nearly as well as Jerry's other books. It felt like there was too much content that got glossed over in an effort to fit more into this book. I got it, but that's because I already understand percentages. Not useful for teaching, but could be a good review.
Ted Parsons
Jun 13, 2012 Ted Parsons rated it it was amazing
Loved the book. I have used the hershey bar book and had great success with this type of book. To teach percentages, this book would be effective in that it shows how fractions, decimals and percentages are all related.
Jenna
Feb 14, 2013 Jenna rated it really liked it
Shelves: interactive, math
I love this book because it is something you can actually make real. Why not bring in twizzlers and work problems out with real twizzlers? The book includes fractions, percentages and addition/subtraction.
Rachel
Mar 28, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: march
As a future teacher I want to use this idea in teaching percentage in my own classroom. This is a fun, interactive way to teach math percentages. I like the funny little aliens working with the Twizzlers.
Carlee
Mar 31, 2013 Carlee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: math
I love this book because it is something you can actually make real. Why not bring in Twizzlers and work problems out with real Twizzlers? The book includes fractions, percentages and addition/subtraction.
Morgan Wright
Fun and delicious way to practice percents. This would be good for fifth grade or higher. Percents are tricky. It may be used in an advanced fourth grade class.
Lam Nguyen
Oct 28, 2010 Lam Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: math
This is a fun book to teach students about percentage in math. Using twizzlers is a engaaging way for students to look at math.
Ashley Greenfield
Apr 28, 2013 Ashley Greenfield rated it really liked it
Kelly Triplett
Feb 14, 2013 Kelly Triplett rated it really liked it
Excellent book! This would certainly engage students as they are learning the math concept of percentages. Another great way to integrate curricula.
Jessica
Jun 13, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: math
Good tool to use when introducing percentages. Also has decimal form of percentages. You could totally use actual Twizzlers as manipulatives or as a treat at the completion of the lesson.
Lauren Hahn
Jun 13, 2012 Lauren Hahn rated it it was amazing
Great way to introduce percentages. Hands-on activities involving food are always a good thing. Ties in baseball stats, also.
Erin
Jun 13, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
Love the use of percent of a whole and fraction/decimal/percent reference. Great book to use in the classroom!
Ruben
Ruben rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2009
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2014
Meagan
Meagan rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2008
Verdi
Verdi rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2009
Alex Enslow
Alex Enslow rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Susie
Nov 25, 2014 Susie rated it it was amazing
Great for introducing percentages. Similar in design with the Hershey fraction book.
Joseph K.
Joseph K. rated it did not like it
Dec 13, 2012
April Poulter
April Poulter rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2014
Kelly Roberts
Kelly Roberts rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2012
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2010
Jaclyn
Jaclyn rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2014
Tessa Herrmann
Tessa Herrmann rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was ok
May 09, 2014
April
April rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2015
Bob Collins
Bob Collins rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
My full name is Gerard Larry Pallotta but my mom always called me "Jerry". I was born on March 26, 1953 in Boston, Massachusetts. My mom's name is Mary, and she came from a family of ten children. My dad's name is Joe, and he came from a family of five children. My grandparents were immigrants of Italian descent. I have the nicest parents in the world. They have always been unselfish and ready to ...more
More about Jerry Pallotta...