Start by marking “A Girl After God's Own Heart: A Tween Adventure with Jesus” as Want to Read:
A Girl After God's Own Heart: A Tween Adventure with Jesus

A Girl After God's Own Heart: A Tween Adventure with Jesus

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  100 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Bestselling author Elizabeth George reaches out to tweens, ages 8 to 12, to discuss building friendships, talking with parents, putting Jesus first, handling schoolwork and activities, deciding how to dress, and more. Girls discover how to establish healthy guidelines that honor God, promote their well-being, and help them enjoy life.
Published March 1st 2010 by Harvest House Publishers (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Girl After God's Own Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Girl After God's Own Heart

Pauline
I used this as Sunday School material for a Jr Hi girls class. It gave us appropriate topics to discuss and proved useful & encouraging. I liked the topics that Ms George covered and but added more scripture with the discussion of the chapters. As we worked through the book, we made homemade journals and kept notes of the main points, Scriptures, journal during the week and chose memory work as well. It usually took 2 weeks per chapter.
Mandy J. Hoffman
MY REVIEW:

It's a Tween Adventure in 10 easy and fun chapters!

I love the fact that Elizabeth George has taken such wonderful spiritual truth and put into a format for younger girl's to enjoy just like their mom's have enjoyed in A Woman After God's Own Heart.

This book takes God's Word and applies it to the lives of 8 through 12 year-olds. (Although my 7-year-old enjoyed it, too.) It's part story, part devotional, part workbook, part fun and games! I found this book to be relevant, catchy, fun, an
Gail Welborn
Jan 25, 2012 Gail Welborn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
A Girl After God’s Own Heart: A Tween Adventure with Jesus, by Elizabeth George, Harvest House Publishers, 2011, Ages 9 and Up, 112 Pages, ISBN-13: 978-0736917681, $9.99

Elizabeth George, a Washington best-selling author, presents an “adventure with Jesus” in A Girl after God’s Own Heart that can be used as a Bible study or devotional for girls aged 8-14. An age group the media and advertisers identify as “tweens.”

The Urban Dictionary defines “tweens,” ages 9 and 14 as “…too old for toys, but to
Emily
Jun 03, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a devotional that my daughter and I are currently working through. And while I was trying not to get ahead of her, I wanted to see what was coming! I originally selected this book for our weekly times together because of its topics (my heart, my space, my parents, my family, my school, my friends, my church, my self, my time, my adventure with Jesus). LOVE the topics presented. Very clear and concise. However...the book says it is for girls ages 8-12. I would say more like 8-10. My daugh ...more
Bernadette Robinson
a good devotional to do with my pre-teen daughter. It seemed weak to me, but she enjoyed it and seemed to really relate to the topics, so job well done then :)
Caroline Kraft
Jan 25, 2016 Caroline Kraft rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I worked through this in Summer 2011 with a group of 3rd-6th grade girls.
Joanne Sher
Jun 23, 2011 Joanne Sher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this - Elizabeth George, as usual, does a wonderful job of sharing struggles with those she writes for - in this case, tweens. Probably a bit old for my girl (she's 7 but wants to be a tween LOL), but I'm sure it will be super helpful and encouraging to her in a couple few years.
Laurel
Apr 07, 2014 Laurel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading it! I thought that it had some really strong Bible verses to help me get throughout the day.
IrenesBookReviews
My favorite of her young girl books. Very simply written and yet to the point. Directs you to the Lord!
Amanda Barrett
Oct 21, 2013 Amanda Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this as a young girl and can not wait to share it with my daughters!
Rachel Puckett
Oct 03, 2013 Rachel Puckett marked it as read-and-reading-again  ·  review of another edition
This book really speaks to me. I feel closer to God when I read it.
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Deanna
Deanna is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2016
Sekete Tlotli
Sekete Tlotli marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Melissa Hawkins
Melissa Hawkins marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Perry
Perry rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Danielle Liddick
Danielle Liddick rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Amy L. Prescott
Amy L. Prescott marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Christina nicolle
Christina nicolle rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
roger ledebur
roger ledebur marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Sabrina Hearts
Sabrina Hearts marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Jacqueline leon
Jacqueline leon is currently reading it
Jun 03, 2016
Melissa Killough
Melissa Killough marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Elsy
Elsy marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Lilah
Lilah marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Life on Planet Mom: A Down-To-Earth Guide to Your Changing Relationships
  • Friday's Daughter
  • Beloved Disciple: The Life & Ministry of John, Leader Guide
  • Jungle Bullies
  • Kirsten's Promise (American Girls Short Stories)
  • Secret Sisters: Volume One (Secret Sisters #1-2)
  • A World to Explore (Library Mouse #3)
  • Keeping a Princess Heart: In a Not-So-Fairy-Tale World
  • Wild Heather (English Ivy, #2)
  • The Dream
  • The Deer in the Wood
  • Fancy Nancy and the Sensational Babysitter
  • The Nature of God: 50 Christian Devotions about God's Love and Acceptance
  • Silent Star
  • Sweet Sanctuary
  • Unwrapping the Greatest Gift: A Family Celebration of Christmas
  • The Gardens of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #2)
  • Gotta Have It!: Freedom from Wanting Everything Right Here, Right Now
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro
More about Elizabeth George...