Start by marking “A Girl After God's Own Heart: A Tween Adventure with Jesus” as Want to Read:
A Girl After God's Own Heart: A Tween Adventure with Jesus

A Girl After God's Own Heart: A Tween Adventure with Jesus

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Bestselling author Elizabeth George follows her popular teen books (more than 400,000 copies sold), including A Young Woman's Guide to Making Right Choices, by reaching out to tweens, ages 8 to 12, in A Girl After God's Own Heart. Upbeat and positive, Elizabeth provides biblical truths and suggestions so tweens can thrive. She reaches out to girls where they're at and addr ...more
Published March 1st 2010 by Harvest House Publishers (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Girl After God's Own Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Girl After God's Own Heart

Pauline
I used this as Sunday School material for a Jr Hi girls class. It gave us appropriate topics to discuss and proved useful & encouraging. I liked the topics that Ms George covered and but added more scripture with the discussion of the chapters. As we worked through the book, we made homemade journals and kept notes of the main points, Scriptures, journal during the week and chose memory work as well. It usually took 2 weeks per chapter.
Mandy J. J.
MY REVIEW:

It's a Tween Adventure in 10 easy and fun chapters!

I love the fact that Elizabeth George has taken such wonderful spiritual truth and put into a format for younger girl's to enjoy just like their mom's have enjoyed in A Woman After God's Own Heart.

This book takes God's Word and applies it to the lives of 8 through 12 year-olds. (Although my 7-year-old enjoyed it, too.) It's part story, part devotional, part workbook, part fun and games! I found this book to be relevant, catchy, fun, an
Gail Welborn
A Girl After God’s Own Heart: A Tween Adventure with Jesus, by Elizabeth George, Harvest House Publishers, 2011, Ages 9 and Up, 112 Pages, ISBN-13: 978-0736917681, $9.99

Elizabeth George, a Washington best-selling author, presents an “adventure with Jesus” in A Girl after God’s Own Heart that can be used as a Bible study or devotional for girls aged 8-14. An age group the media and advertisers identify as “tweens.”

The Urban Dictionary defines “tweens,” ages 9 and 14 as “…too old for toys, but to
Emily
This is a devotional that my daughter and I are currently working through. And while I was trying not to get ahead of her, I wanted to see what was coming! I originally selected this book for our weekly times together because of its topics (my heart, my space, my parents, my family, my school, my friends, my church, my self, my time, my adventure with Jesus). LOVE the topics presented. Very clear and concise. However...the book says it is for girls ages 8-12. I would say more like 8-10. My daugh ...more
Joanne Sher
Enjoyed this - Elizabeth George, as usual, does a wonderful job of sharing struggles with those she writes for - in this case, tweens. Probably a bit old for my girl (she's 7 but wants to be a tween LOL), but I'm sure it will be super helpful and encouraging to her in a couple few years.
Laurel
I loved reading it! I thought that it had some really strong Bible verses to help me get throughout the day.
IrenesBookReviews
My favorite of her young girl books. Very simply written and yet to the point. Directs you to the Lord!
Amanda Barrett
I read this as a young girl and can not wait to share it with my daughters!
Rachel Puckett
Oct 03, 2013 Rachel Puckett marked it as read-and-reading-again  ·  review of another edition
This book really speaks to me. I feel closer to God when I read it.
Kathy
Kathy added it
Nov 03, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Oct 18, 2014
Sydney Mitchell
Sydney Mitchell marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Aug 13, 2014
Lindsey Hansen
Lindsey Hansen marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Kjersten
Kjersten marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Nora
Nora added it
Jul 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro
More about Elizabeth George...
A Woman After God's Own Heart Loving God with All Your Mind Beautiful in God's Eyes A Young Woman After God's Own Heart A Wife After God's Own Heart