Dirty Bombshell: From Thyroid Cancer Back to Fabulous!

Dirty Bombshell: From Thyroid Cancer Back to Fabulous!

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A treasured read. I learned, laughed, and cried. I will pass on this remarkable resource. - Dawn Eger Rizzo, Thyroid Cancer SurvivorUnflappable, witty, honest, and inspirational describe Lorna's exploration of her journey. As a survivor of kidney cancer, I was awed, captivated, and encouraged by the positive nature of Lorna's personal philosophy. - Marsha E. Bergquist, Can...more
Published November 30th 2010 by Authorhouse

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Bombshell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Bombshell

Aimie
Jun 29, 2013 Aimie added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I read more than 100 pages to give it a chance, but I just could not handle reading anymore of her whining and negative attitude.
Gee Whizz... did she sook!
Before anyone complains that she is going through cancer she is allowed to be upset, make sure you read the book first. I actually had a go at someone who also posted a bad review when I had just started this and was only a couple of pages in. I have now apologised for my outburst.
I have been through Thyroid Cancer myself and bought this to...more
Blts
Nothing good about cancer but this book is good if you or a family member is facing thyroid cancer. Be warned, while the authors life is busy and cancer isn't fun for anyone, she didn't have to face it while taking care of kids which might make some perceive it as a little whiny.
Dimitria
I appreciate the essence of this book, but the author was exceedingly narcissistic regarding her personal accomplishments and the relationships she has. I expected more patient insight in a book of this nature. Oh, and her utterly whiny attitude was off-putting to say the least.
Cheryl
I was recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer and someone in the thyca support group recommended this book to me. It has helped to read Lorna's humorous but honest take on her journey through thyroid cancer and its treatment. Parts of this book actually made me feel overwhelmed because Lorna doesn't have any children and she spent a significant amount of time talking about being hypo and how tired she was, how she couldn't function, etc. I realize everyone's experiences will be different even if...more
Debbie
The title and cover of this book led me to believe the author would provide a lighthearted approach with humor and encouragement to her fellow Thyroid Cancer survivors. Very little in this book was uplifting to me as a Thyroid Cancer survivor. The book seemed to be more self serving. It was all about how Thyroid cancer was going to ruin her life as a Beauty Queen, wrecking her voice and giving her a ugly scar. I was pleased she found the time to do some volunteer work for Chernobyl survivors.
Juliana
I can't express enough how thankful I am for Lorna to have shared her experience, as a thyroid cancer survivor I wish I could have all of my family, friends and colleagues read this book to better understand what I went through. She is very funny and has an amazing story to share.
Jayne
As a thyroid cancer survivor, I can appreciate what the author went through from her diagnosis to her treatment and beyond. She is speaking about a cancer few are aware of and the treatment that follows and makes us what journalists have called "walking dirty bombs." She is expressing the oppressive feelings that our endos and surgeons cause us to live through. So many call this the "easy cancer" or the "happily-ever after cancer" and it is not and Lorna gets that point through. And while she do...more
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Antigoni Grivas-beninger
Antigoni Grivas-beninger marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Anastasia
Anastasia marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
Regina Hunter
Regina Hunter marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Helen Barker
Helen Barker marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Gretchen
Gretchen marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Christina Espinoza
Christina Espinoza marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013
Sue Mcdonnell
Sue Mcdonnell marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2012
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2012
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2011
Dirty Bombshell Dirty Bombshell: From Thyroid Cancer Back to Fabulous! Dirty Bombshell: From Thyroid Cancer Back to Fabulous!