Changes of Heart

Changes of Heart (Montana Skies #1)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  265 ratings  ·  41 reviews
After the unexpected death of her husband, Maggie Locke's perfect life is shattered. Keeping to herself at first, she slowly finds solace in new and old friendships. But still, Maggie is cautious, especially when she discovers that Danny Pulver, her ranch veterinarian, and Ian Lane, the vibrant new minister, both have feelings for her. Then a terrible blizzard hits the tow...more
Published May 1st 2005 by Revell

To ask other readers questions about Changes of Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changes of Heart

Katie
I would probably give this book 2 and 1/2 stars. It started out really interesting and then I started to lose interest. I don't read many "Western" novels because I'm not really a horse person. The main character, Maggie, owns a horse ranch so there was a great deal about horses. Thankfully, the author did think to add a section about Barrel Racing at the end of the book.

I was disappointed by the ending because it seems like we missed a few chapters. However, I did like the fact that this book h...more
Leah
Quite a nice story, descriptive and sometimes I felt like I was in Montanna in my mind. I got really into the blizzard part!! I couldn't put the book down until that was all resolved. Blizzards are such a foreign concept to this Aussie girl! The spiritual aspect was gentle and subtle - I never ever felt preached at, yet came away with something. Anyway, the story was good, the characters were good, it flowed smoothly and everything was just wonderful..... and then the ending came. WHAT?? THAT wa...more
Miranda Agee
*2.5 STARS*

The creative adjectives drew me in, and I only wish the story telling was as descriptive. The clips of internal perspective from Maggie seemed forced, not at all how a person (even a well educated one with sound diction) thinks. These nearly phony moments along with the large gaps in time, flow, and content made finishing this rather short quick read laborious. I'm a remarkably forgiving reader, and as such, in addition to the fact that this is the first in a series, I'll give this au...more
Heather
This was a fairly quick read. I enjoyed the book well enough. Maggie's journey through the grief of losing her husband was very real and touching. There are 2 men vying for Maggie's heart, both are patient while Maggie heals and finds herself finally ready to live again and perhaps love again as well. It seems that the pull between Danny and Maggie is the greater between Danny and Ian, at least to me. The ending was abrupt and confusing with no real light as to what lead Maggie to finally make a...more
Maria Bonano
I was a beautiful and different story. The characters were strong, kind and deep hearted. It's a religious story without being vindictive and intrusive. It open your heart to feel Gods love, period. I liked it very much but couldn't find or identify the critical point when Maggie finally decided which man choose: Ian or Danny. That got me lost.
Candi
I was enjoying this book until the end. We spend all this time getting to know Maggie and the 2 men who are vying for her attention, and then all of a sudden it's over. We never know how Maggie made the choice she did. It's like there were a whole bunch of chapters missing....key elements that would help explain the ending.
Jeanette
I was enjoying the book for the most part, but hated the ending. Not only did I not like how it ended but to get to the ending it jumped 5 months ahead and everything seemed to have changed with no explanation how it got there. I will not be recommending this book, as I feel I was cheated out of a proper ending.
Like everyone else, I enjoyed the book until the end. Maggie's decision made no sense to me. There should have been a few more chapters so the reader would have some understanding of what led to her choice. I was very disappointed and really glad I got this on a free offer instead of paying for it.
Linda McLaren
Captivating

Paige Elliston had me captivated from the start. I enjoy watching the sport and this gave me a little more understanding of it. It also makes you realize that even though you may lose a love, God gives us another chance, sometimes subtle, to love again.
Meredith
Very abrupt ending with no explanation for why Maggie chose the man she did. (Also didn't help that she chose the guy I didn't want her to end up with) Enjoyed the horse-related parts but the quick ending made me frustrated.
Carrie Kellenberger
A good story that left a lot unanswered. When Maggie's husband is killed while testing a new aircraft for the government, leaving her destitute and alone, she doesn't know how life will go on. The only thing keeping Maggie going are her horses and her friends. As Maggie heals, she takes on a young protege to teach barrel racing to, and she becomes friends with two very special men in her life, Danny and Ian.

Unfortunately, the ending to this novel was just terrible. One minute Maggie was at Poin...more
Diane Haun
Good but fast ending

I enjoy this story but the ending came abruptly. There wasn't a smooth flow at the end. One paragraph she can't make up her mind who she loved, the next she is married.
Ila
I enjoyed the character development in the book. It's a Christian book but one would not need to believe to enjoy reading it.
Marilyn
Great

this book was such an Inspiration to read.the book was so sad at times but yet l couldn't stop reading.
Bree
I have to agree with previous reviews the end is confusing. We don't get to know how she came to that decision. I like the vet better.
Lila
A book about horses, people in unexpected difficult situations, and friends. A good read.
Cathy
Clean, romance with a very abrupt ending.
Regina Stone
This was a good easy read well written.
Shawn
Kind of disappointing. Could see the ending coming and didn't care for her pick.
Toni
This was a strange book! It started out okay and the characters were well thought out, however it read like an essay that could only have so many words. The author left out at least a couple of chapters and then jumped into her married life without any resolution. Why did she marry the one she did? What about the other one? How does this story get to this point without any explanation. Totally unsatisfactory.
Estelle
Loved this book at first but then it bored me. Ending was a little hurried too.
Deborah Von cannon
I read this rather quick for my usual self. I loved the detail but felt the ending was hacked and without clean detail. I'm glad it wasn't a typical sappy love story and I loved the focus on the horses, Montana, lifestyle etc. but I just felt the ending came abruptly... Great horse and farm detail. Weak people detail. Good book,mthough. I look forward to more books by the author.
Erica
I was really enjoying the book getting into it and towards the end not sure if I am missing a few chapters but not sure how and when Maggie fell in love and got married. I was going what the heck happened, did I miss something? I was disappointed, too rushed in the end, it could have ended so much better as it had great potential.
Tasha
i really liked this book a lot it was sad that her husband died and after he died her world crumbled down around her but she had realized two men adored her and wanted her affection and love. But who to choose both men are caring and sweet and will do anything to help her. Which one will she choose the cute Vet or the Handsome minister?
Audra
I liked it but didn't totally love it. The ending was a bit weird and after her husband died, the book was a little slow and I had a hard time trying to stay focused. The author made up for it with trying to figure out which guy is right for her. I can understand why she chose the guy she did.
Michelle
Book was interesting and I enjoyed the tension between Maggie and the two men vying for her attentions. But the ending was really abrupt and unsatisfying. Kind of like watching an indie film that makes you scrunch up your eyebrows and ask, "What?" at the end.
Pat
This was a quick read with little or no thinking involved. It's about a widow in Montana caring for horses. She has two men wanting to marry her. Ugh!
Lizpeveto
Christian author and not enough development of characters and a story few women could find any common ground. Easy read if you are looking for something short. Took back the 2nd book in the series without reading it.
Candace
I was loving this book until the end. The ending was terrible. There was no warning for what happened and it still leaves me confused. The ending definitely ruined the book for me.
Jacqui
i am not impressed with the end of this book. she shows some interest in the two guys but the writer doesn't show how she chooses and and why. i was disappointed with the end
  • Loving Liza Jane (Little Hickman Creek #1)
  • Chasing Sunsets (Cedar Key, #1)
  • Tomorrow's Sun (Lost Sanctuary #1)
  • The Mother Road
  • Love's Stormy Gale
  • A Dream Unfolding (Prescott Pioneers, #1)
  • The Narrow Path
  • Love Finds You in Amana, Iowa
  • Beyond the Storm (Quilts of Love #1)
  • Leave It to Chance
  • A Stranger's Gift (Women of Pinecraft, #1)
  • Saving Hope (Men of the Texas Rangers #1)
  • A Heart Deceived
  • Scraps of Evidence
  • Love Finds You in Wildrose, North Dakota
  • Springtime of the Spirit (The Great War, #3)
  • The Someday List (Jubuliant Soul #1)
  • Desert Gift
Front Page Love Chasing the Dream Northern Hearts Northern Hearts: A Novel Chasing the Dream (Montana Skies Series #3)