A Deal's a Deal!

A Deal's a Deal!

2.82 of 5 stars 2.82  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The perfect picture book for parents in search of a modern day take on Russell Hoban's A Bargain for Frances combined with the kid-friendly graphic style of Mo Willem's Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!

When Simon the Super Rabbit takes his cars over to his friend Ferdinand's to play, the two little rabbits decide to make a trade—all three of Simon's cars for Ferdinand's...more
Published July 26th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers

David
A Deal's a Deal! by Stephanie Blake pulled me in with the cover. I'm old enough to know: DON'T judge a book by it's cover.

When Simon the Super Rabbit takes his cars over to his friend Ferdinand's to play, the two little rabbits decide to make a trade — all three of Simon's cars for Ferdinand's "extraordinary" red car. But as soon as Simon plays with his new toy, CRACK! it breaks! Did Ferdinand play a trick on him? Simon has an idea ... a terrible, horrible, wonderful idea! But will Ferdinand fal...more
Kim T.
Okay, this book is, in my opinion, a like it or leave it kind of book. On the one hand, it's colorful, interesting, and gross in a way that kids will totally get. On the other hand, it presents a total inappropriateness in terms of behavior. Simon and Ferdinand both seemed to exhibit questionable behaviors in the book, but their actions are not so atypical. What they did to one another...that is what boys do. They just do! Whether we like it or not, they can at times be mischievous and manipulat...more
Carmine
Why not just read 'A Bargain for Frances' by Russel Hoban? a "modern take," eh? I guess if modernizing means stripping out any subtlety and charm from the story and giving it lackluster illustrations. Luckily the bindings in these Simon the Rabbit books are so shoddy that I feel totally justified in discarding our library's copy. We've owned it 3 months and it is already completely falling apart.
Melissa Richardson
Really cute story with a message. Very funny and great illustratons!
Shanshad Whelan
Just . . . nothing redeeming at all in this book. I don't like either character, and their attitude is something that I hate in adults. Always trying to take advantage and one-up the other guy. I suppose it's funny in a 6 year old sort of way.
Zoe
Popular with kids, but will it get to their hands? I suspect many adults (like me) won't fall in love with the attitudes expressed in the book so here's hoping this is stocked in lots of libraries where kids can discover it for themselves.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Two rabbits arrange for a swap of toy cars. When one is unhappy with the exchange he comes up with a plan to get his cars back. I will hold off on a my thought on this one until the final version comes out.
Wanda
This book kept my 3 year old son engaged, and he thought the ending was hilarious! He laughed for a good 2 or 3 minutes. I had fun reading it to him for bedtime.
Melissa
Um, gross! But probably hilarious to the right crowd.
Robin
Yeah, this is no Poo Bum.
made me laugh!
Heather Palenshus
Heather Palenshus marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Ara Serey
Ara Serey marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
M
M marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Victor
Victor marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Alternative spelling for Stéphanie Blake, French author of children books.

More about Stephanie Blake...
Poo Bum I Don't Want to Go to School! Stupid Baby Aaaah ! Pas Le Dentiste ! Superlapin