Start by marking “Thomas' Calculus [With Mathxl Student Access Kit]” as Want to Read:
Thomas' Calculus [With Mathxl Student Access Kit]

Thomas' Calculus [With Mathxl Student Access Kit]

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Thomas' Calculus Media Upgrade, Eleventh Edition, responds to the needs of today's readers by developing their conceptual understanding while strengthening their skills in algebra and trigonometry,two areas of knowledge vital to the mastery of calculus. This book offers a full range of exercises, a precise and conceptual presentation, and a new media package designed spec ...more
Published April 21st 2002 by Addison Wesley Longman (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Thomas' Calculus [With Mathxl Student Access Kit], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thomas' Calculus [With Mathxl Student Access Kit]

Katie Lynn Fox
I just took my calc 3 final and I'm now officially finished with this book. It's been good, but I'm ready to be done. I've been using it since August 2006.
Joecolelife
Apr 06, 2011 Joecolelife rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Joecolelife by: www.CocoMartini.com Online Bookstore
I just completed the Calc series using Thomas Calculus. In Calc I, the instructor commented that we would use this text and that it wasn't the best or the worst (a VERY safe claim to make). I would agee with that.

I found the instructional text adequate but we experienced several cases where the solution to end-of-section problems was not the technique being covered in the section.

I used the softbound vol 1 & 2. You can save some money if you are taking a semester or two of calculus, but if
Haneen
I spent one year and a half studying from this book and here is the story:

Calculus 1:

SuTuTh 11-11:50 am

Calculus 3:
Fall 2011-2012
SuTuTh 9-9:50 am

The book is great..I enjoyed studying from it "for a while"...chapter 10 and 15 are horrible..but I finished calculus Finally..
Craig
I studied from an earlier version of this book in college in 1980. Loved it then. My prof was Ross Finney (now deceased, like Thomas), at the time a co-author. A great book and a great teacher.
Piotrekjablonski
The best maths book i've ever seen. Perhaps, for some readers it may be too long, but every subject is explained in a very .. hmm... explicit way, which makes it an excellent self-study textbook.
Zarish Fatima
1 year reading this book. it was my first maths book coming in uni. I liked it some of it was foreign to me and always will be because we do not do graphic and computer mathematical problems. But it would have been cool if we did. It is nice book and designed for students early in their professional studies and does not have any complicated symbolization like in other calculus books i went through.
Rajat Sangwan
best book i ever read.....
Nadia
Oct 05, 2007 Nadia rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone study calculus
bcos im going to have an exam 4 this paper on 2nd Nov then i've 2 use this book as a reference...i need it now..n going to really need it soon..huhuu..it do help a lot but sumtime quite confusing..but of cos the content of this book that i can say 4 now..it's MARVELLOUS..hehe..only 1 thing that a bit 'lece'..this book is very the berat lah..tebal sgt...nk buka pn susah..huhuuhuu
Haytham Badawey
Used this book for practice and solving problems while learning Mathematica software. It's very dense and extensive book, covers too many details about calculus techniques, theorems, problems, applications, etc.

It's a famous book, and the solution manual is what makes this book unique and interesting.
Jordan
This calculus book is a good introductory book for the Calculus 1 class at SLCC, but once the student has passed into Calculus 2 and above the book is lacking in a great deal of explination and has little more value than a paper weight or kindling.
Muneshmeena
Jan 10, 2011 Muneshmeena is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
there is no time to think as bein an iitian i hav a lot to read.............so carry on readin n let me read..
Suhu
Buku ini telah membuatku merasa aku bukan lagi diriku. Di saat kamu ingin merasa bego, dianjurkan membaca buku ini.
Anum
A very good guide with excellent excercises for a calculus student.
Nate Ellis
Everything you need to know
Surekha Suresh
Surekha Suresh marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Anjani Verma
Anjani Verma is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2015
Maansi
Maansi marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Somya Snigdha
Somya Snigdha marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Shishir Mathur
Shishir Mathur marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Ben Karl
Ben Karl marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Aykut Hınık
Aykut Hınık marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Ali Attieh
Ali Attieh marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Seeba Saju
Seeba Saju marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
  • Complex Variables and Applications
  • Calculus
  • Biology: A Course for 'O' Level
  • Principles of Mathematical Analysis
  • Calculus, Volume 2: Multi-Variable Calculus and Linear Algebra with Applications
  • Materials Science and Engineering: An Introduction
  • Elementary Principles of Chemical Processes [With CDROM]
  • Chemical Process Control: An Introduction to Theory and Practice
  • Differential Equations with Boundary-Value Problems
  • A Course of Pure Mathematics
  • Conceptual Mathematics: A First Introduction To Categories
  • Differential Equations
  • Probability And Statistics For Engineering And The Sciences
  • The Economics of Public Issues (HarperCollins Series in Economics)
  • Peter Norton's Introduction to Computers
  • Mathematics for Economists
  • Naive Set Theory
  • Solid State Physics
Calculus: Graphical, Numerical, Algebraic Calculus Thomas' Calculus Updated Tenth Edition Calculus: Graphical Numerical Algebraic Calculus: Graphical, Numerical, Algebraic (Solutions Manual)