Start by marking “Stuff My Stocking: M/M Romance Stories that are Nice and… Naughty” as Want to Read:
Stuff My Stocking: M/M Romance Stories that are Nice and… Naughty

Stuff My Stocking: M/M Romance Stories that are Nice and… Naughty (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

3.65  ·  Rating Details ·  1,134 Ratings  ·  133 Reviews
The stories you are about to read are the product of a very special project sponsored by the Goodreads M/M Romance group—the online community for readers who love to read about men in love (Male/Male).

The group moderators issued an invitation for members to choose a photo and pen a Letter to Santa asking for a short M/M romance story inspired by the image; authors from the
ebook, 1st Edition, 285 pages
Published December 25th 2010 by M/M Romance Group

Jade Archer
Jan 07, 2011 Jade Archer added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm so incredibly proud to be a part of this. The MM Romance Group on Goodreads ROCKS!!!! I love being a part of the community and really hope you not only enjoy this read, but come join the fun. Many, many thanks to all the wonderful people involved in making this happen...from the development of the idea, to the co-orinating of submissions and postings, to the other authors who gave so generously and creatively, and finally to the hard working team that presented it here as a free downloadable ...more
Bookwatcher
Jan 08, 2011 Bookwatcher rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Erotic and Male/Male readers
******Review of Kim Dare and Mark Alders' stories*******

A BUGGER TO PACK by Kim Dare

Everything started with Lori, moderator of M/M group initiative (thank you so much Lori! You do an amazing job in the M/M romance group).

I, always horny and ready to partecipate, wrote the follow xmas letter:

Dear Santa,

I would love to read a good Master/Slave book, without humiliation (sorry Santa... I hate humiliation, like eat garbage or stuff like that), and with a lot of hot scenes. Maybe a sexy Master/Sl
Amy Lane
Jan 08, 2011 Amy Lane rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am enjoying the hell out of reading these shorts--and like M.J. and Jade have said, I'm really proud to be a part of this. These stories were, literally, written for fun, and I think each story has that sort of spirit in it. It was like a big m/m group Christmas hug, and I'm all warm and fuzzy on the bottom of the pile:-) Thanks everyone--this rocks.
JenMcJ
Jan 09, 2011 JenMcJ rated it it was amazing
Something for everyone and done with a true holiday spirit. I loved it.
Fair disclosure, as a co-mod of the m/m group here at goodreads, my review could be considered completely biased. I had no intention of disliking any of the stories and I didn't. :)
Nancy L
some of my favorite authors and samples of new authors that I didn't know about until now. Thanks to all the authors for giving their time and imagination.
Em Woods
Jan 07, 2011 Em Woods rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Awesome collection of short m/m stories...something for just about every taste.

edit: I should add that one of the twenty-five stories is mine... :)
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Apr 14, 2011 Jessica `~Blahyze~` rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
I have rated each story separately.

A Shiny New Toy by M.J. O'Shea- I give this lil' number 4 1/2 stars. I loved the characters.

Thick As Thieves by Brian Jackson- 1 star. Damn Anthony! He used Charlie. I like a happy ending but this happy ending was filled with a sense of sadness.

Leaking Pipes by Deanna Wadsworth- 4 stars. It was so cute how Sam didn't think a guy looking like BJ would be interested in him, when in fact he was. Would have been a great start to a full-length book!

Christmas In Th
Ni_kii
I found this anthology after a search for Kim Dare stuff and I'm so glad that I did. I have some discovered some fabulous new authors and the time, and energy that has gone into this is astounding. I can't review all the stories...I wish I could but the review is long enough! There isn't a bad story amongst the lot and I have chosen to write about my top 10, in no particular order! The variation of themes within the anthology is great as it means that there is something for everyone...myself, I ...more
Adara
Jan 08, 2011 Adara rated it really liked it
There are some very excellent stories in this collection. It's a shame that the photos which the stories were originally based on could not be included as well (because we don't have the rights to the images), but the reads are still very worth it. Most of the stories can be read in 10-20 minutes.
Deanna Wadsworth
Jan 07, 2011 Deanna Wadsworth rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This group of stories has been amazing so far!!! If you want a fantastic sampling of m/m....this is for you!!!
L-D
Sep 28, 2011 L-D rated it really liked it
Warning: Links to photos may contain graphic nudity and M/M situations

A Shiny New Toy by M.J. O'Shea: 4 stars - a sweet story about two best friends. Yes, of course this has been done, but the photo that inspired the story was really cute and I love the way it was brought to life.
WARNING: Photo depicts tasteful M/M situation

Thick as Thieves by Brian Jackson: 3 stars - another story about two best friends but with a twist to the ending. I have to say, I did
William Cooper
Jan 07, 2011 William Cooper marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
One of my stories, Christmas Gifts, is in this anthology. I have to say, I really enjoyed writing that story. It was fun to write and I enjoyed working with my critique group on it. It was relaxing to work on because it was a for fun piece that I wrote for the sake of the M/M Romance group to enjoy. I wasn't worried about what a publisher would think about it or whether or not it would sell. I was able to just sit back and write whatever my brain told me to. I hope everyone who reads this anthol ...more
A Girl Has No Name
Jul 27, 2015 A Girl Has No Name rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed most of the stories in this anthology! 4 stars overall! Reviews for the different stories can be found furhter down.

The m/m romance group on Goodreads is a host of great events and the stories included in this book is one of the results. Thanks for offering the possiblity to have access to such lovely stories!

A Shiny New Toy *****
This was such a sweet short story! I immediately loved Quinn and James; they are great with each other. Toys being one of my kinks, I warmly welcomed
Jaime

You Melted Me by Kari Gregg - 3 stars

A Bugg
Nicole
Jan 24, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it
I love the variety of stories in here. Some are smoking hot, some are serious, that brought a tear to my eye, and yet some are in-between. There are a lot of talented authors in the m/m romance group here.

The only thing that bothered me with this anthology, was that a couple of the stories were set in some authors 'verses. I don't mind that these authors have universes to write stuff in, but for an anthology, I feel like it should be a stand alone story. Both pieces that I can recall were in 's
Cherie Noel
Feb 02, 2011 Cherie Noel rated it liked it
I need to be clear that some of the stories in this Anthology were straight up 5's. Like Amy Lane's, Missy Welsh's, Lex Valentine's, Jade Archer's, Em Wood's, Kim Dare's, Kari Gregg's, Serena Yates, and Wren Boudreau's...they were all worth reading. And such a lovely gift...
Mary
Jan 07, 2011 Mary rated it it was amazing
Just awesome!
Finnegan
Feb 12, 2015 Finnegan rated it liked it
Shelves: anthology, christmas
Some stories in this collection were amazingly good, others were okay and a few were atrocious. So the average for the collection is 3 christmassy stars. It is a good read on a cold winters day.
Lani
Jan 10, 2011 Lani rated it really liked it
A great collection of romance stories inspired by photos. One of my first M/M romance reads.
A.J. Llewellyn
Jan 07, 2011 A.J. Llewellyn rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-own-a-copy
Yes I have a story in it but the others are awesome. This was a project we all did for fun and finally wound up in one volume. Some great stories here!
Ashley♥Alexis
Mar 19, 2011 Ashley♥Alexis rated it liked it
Shelves: book-anthologies
A Shiney New Toy by M.J. O'shea
4-stars

Thick as Theives by Brian Jackson
3-stars
This one made me sad. Even if it was kind of a happy ending.

Leaking Pipes by Deanna Wadsworth
4-stars
omg REALLY?! Just when it was getting good!!! *sigh*

Christmas in the sandbox by Missy Welsh
3 stars

Crying Wolf
awe. loved the man-wolf.

The New Man's Army by Michael S.
2-stars

Rommy and Jules by Xara X. Xanakas
cute story!

The Conquerors by Mark Alders
3-stars.
Ok i liked this story even though I spent mos
Leah

PONY UP by Rachel Haimowitz - 2 stars

MASTE
Yuu Sasih
Jun 06, 2011 Yuu Sasih rated it liked it
I decided to stop reading on like, 5th story, since the theme is began feel more naughty than romantic--when I'm actually kind of romanticist soo...

But first few stories was good and I found the 3rd story about IT guy and the plumber very interesting. That story became my favorite in this anthology so far. Maybe I would try to read the other sometimes later and find out whether I could find some stories that fit my taste.

but all in all, this anthology is nice to read.
Dhfan4life
Jan 17, 2011 Dhfan4life rated it liked it
Really enjoyed this set of m/m romances for sure. Found it most intriguing the different take from some of the writers. But definitely got really hot from reading each one. ;)
Shanna
Jan 10, 2011 Shanna rated it it was amazing
A great mixture of writing styles and creativity. Wonderful holiday treat. :)
Brad
Jan 09, 2011 Brad rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay, anthologies
Super hot stories from an amazing group of authors!
Tracy
Jan 20, 2011 Tracy rated it it was amazing
a lot of blushing
The UHQ Nasanta
"A Shiny New Toy" by M.J. O'Shea: 4.5 stars
This is my first time reading one of M.J. O'Shea's work but it certainly won't be the last. This story was just so cute.

"Thick as Thieves" by Brian Jackson: DNF, 1 star
Ah! I was all prepared to love every one of the stories in this anthology but I could not love this. I could not even finish it. This story suffered from the most acute case of tell, no show that I've ever seen. Not only that, as I was skipping ahead for the next story, I discovered that
Britta ★ Nachteule ★

25 Christmas-stories for free? Give it to me!

A very varied collection of stories. It was fun to read and I'm stunned by what the authors did with only a photo and a prompt. There were stories I liked, didn't get, loved or simply didn't like.

All in all it's 3.5 stars!

Here the ratings in detail:

A Shiny New Toy ~ 3.5 stars ~ My Review

• Love Is Always Write: Volume Ten
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Five
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Six
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Nine
  • Just One Bite: Volume One (Just One Bite, #1)
  • Christmas Delights
M.J. O'Shea has been writing romance since algebra class in sixth grade (when most of her stories starred her and Leonardo DiCaprio). When she's not writing, she loves listening to nearly all types of music, painting, reading great authors, and on those elusive sunny days in the Pacific Northwest, she loves driving on the freeway with her windows rolled down and her stereo on high.

Facebook: M.J. O
More about M.J. O'Shea...

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix
  • The Gift
  • The Guttersnipe's Gift

“I could barely manage myself sometimes, let alone some miniature kleinman person whose sole method of communication was crying. How would I know what she wanted? How would I keep her happy?” 14 likes