Start by marking “Stuff My Stocking: M/M Romance Stories that are Nice and… Naughty” as Want to Read:
Stuff My Stocking: M/M Romance Stories that are Nice and… Naughty

Stuff My Stocking: M/M Romance Stories that are Nice and… Naughty (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  907 ratings  ·  105 reviews
The stories you are about to read are the product of a very special project sponsored by the Goodreads M/M Romance group—the online community for readers who love to read about men in love (Male/Male).

The group moderators issued an invitation for members to choose a photo and pen a Letter to Santa asking for a short M/M romance story inspired by the image; authors from the
ebook, 1st Edition, 285 pages
Published December 25th 2010 by M/M Romance Group

Hell Cop by Astrid AmaraSindustry by Anne ReganIrregulars by Nicole KimberlingLove Ahead by Madeleine UrbanHis For The Holidays by Josh Lanyon
Best Gay Anthologies
9th out of 204 books — 182 voters
Turning 16 by Perie WolfordPromises by Marie SextonChange of Heart by Mary CalmesKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneHot Head by Damon Suede
Gay Fiction by Goodreads Authors
24th out of 469 books — 239 voters

More lists with this book...

Jade Archer
Jan 08, 2011 Jade Archer added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm so incredibly proud to be a part of this. The MM Romance Group on Goodreads ROCKS!!!! I love being a part of the community and really hope you not only enjoy this read, but come join the fun. Many, many thanks to all the wonderful people involved in making this happen...from the development of the idea, to the co-orinating of submissions and postings, to the other authors who gave so generously and creatively, and finally to the hard working team that presented it here as a free downloadable ...more
Bookwatcher
Jan 11, 2011 Bookwatcher rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Erotic and Male/Male readers
******Review of Kim Dare and Mark Alders' stories*******

A BUGGER TO PACK by Kim Dare

Everything started with Lori, moderator of M/M group initiative (thank you so much Lori! You do an amazing job in the M/M romance group).

I, always horny and ready to partecipate, wrote the follow xmas letter:

Dear Santa,

I would love to read a good Master/Slave book, without humiliation (sorry Santa... I hate humiliation, like eat garbage or stuff like that), and with a lot of hot scenes. Maybe a sexy Master/Slav
Amy Lane
Jan 08, 2011 Amy Lane rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I am enjoying the hell out of reading these shorts--and like M.J. and Jade have said, I'm really proud to be a part of this. These stories were, literally, written for fun, and I think each story has that sort of spirit in it. It was like a big m/m group Christmas hug, and I'm all warm and fuzzy on the bottom of the pile:-) Thanks everyone--this rocks.
JenMcJ
Something for everyone and done with a true holiday spirit. I loved it.
Fair disclosure, as a co-mod of the m/m group here at goodreads, my review could be considered completely biased. I had no intention of disliking any of the stories and I didn't. :)
Em Woods
Jan 07, 2011 Em Woods rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Awesome collection of short m/m stories...something for just about every taste.

edit: I should add that one of the twenty-five stories is mine... :)
Nancy L
some of my favorite authors and samples of new authors that I didn't know about until now. Thanks to all the authors for giving their time and imagination.
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
I have rated each story separately.

A Shiny New Toy by M.J. O'Shea- I give this lil' number 4 1/2 stars. I loved the characters.

Thick As Thieves by Brian Jackson- 1 star. Damn Anthony! He used Charlie. I like a happy ending but this happy ending was filled with a sense of sadness.

Leaking Pipes by Deanna Wadsworth- 4 stars. It was so cute how Sam didn't think a guy looking like BJ would be interested in him, when in fact he was. Would have been a great start to a full-length book!

Christmas In Th
Ni_kii
I found this anthology after a search for Kim Dare stuff and I'm so glad that I did. I have some discovered some fabulous new authors and the time, and energy that has gone into this is astounding. I can't review all the stories...I wish I could but the review is long enough! There isn't a bad story amongst the lot and I have chosen to write about my top 10, in no particular order! The variation of themes within the anthology is great as it means that there is something for everyone...myself, I ...more
Adara
There are some very excellent stories in this collection. It's a shame that the photos which the stories were originally based on could not be included as well (because we don't have the rights to the images), but the reads are still very worth it. Most of the stories can be read in 10-20 minutes.
Deanna Wadsworth
Jan 07, 2011 Deanna Wadsworth rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This group of stories has been amazing so far!!! If you want a fantastic sampling of m/m....this is for you!!!
L-D
Warning: Links to photos may contain graphic nudity and M/M situations

A Shiny New Toy by M.J. O'Shea: 4 stars - a sweet story about two best friends. Yes, of course this has been done, but the photo that inspired the story was really cute and I love the way it was brought to life.
WARNING: Photo depicts tasteful M/M situation

Thick as Thieves by Brian Jackson: 3 stars - another story about two best friends but with a twist to the ending. I have to say, I did
William Cooper
Jan 08, 2011 William Cooper marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
One of my stories, Christmas Gifts, is in this anthology. I have to say, I really enjoyed writing that story. It was fun to write and I enjoyed working with my critique group on it. It was relaxing to work on because it was a for fun piece that I wrote for the sake of the M/M Romance group to enjoy. I wasn't worried about what a publisher would think about it or whether or not it would sell. I was able to just sit back and write whatever my brain told me to. I hope everyone who reads this anthol ...more
Missy Welsh
Jan 17, 2011 Missy Welsh rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-it
I have 1 short story in here and not only was that a blast to write, but this whole project was wickedly fun. A new story every day for the whole of December? Yes please! And the variety of stories was really wonderful. There's something for everyone! Highly recommended :)
Nicole
I love the variety of stories in here. Some are smoking hot, some are serious, that brought a tear to my eye, and yet some are in-between. There are a lot of talented authors in the m/m romance group here.

The only thing that bothered me with this anthology, was that a couple of the stories were set in some authors 'verses. I don't mind that these authors have universes to write stuff in, but for an anthology, I feel like it should be a stand alone story. Both pieces that I can recall were in 's
Cherie Noel
I need to be clear that some of the stories in this Anthology were straight up 5's. Like Amy Lane's, Missy Welsh's, Lex Valentine's, Jade Archer's, Em Wood's, Kim Dare's, Kari Gregg's, Serena Yates, and Wren Boudreau's...they were all worth reading. And such a lovely gift...
A.J. Llewellyn
Jan 15, 2011 A.J. Llewellyn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-own-a-copy
Yes I have a story in it but the others are awesome. This was a project we all did for fun and finally wound up in one volume. Some great stories here!
Lani
A great collection of romance stories inspired by photos. One of my first M/M romance reads.
Mary
Just awesome!
Ashley♥Alexis
A Shiney New Toy by M.J. O'shea
4-stars

Thick as Theives by Brian Jackson
3-stars
This one made me sad. Even if it was kind of a happy ending.

Leaking Pipes by Deanna Wadsworth
4-stars
omg REALLY?! Just when it was getting good!!! *sigh*

Christmas in the sandbox by Missy Welsh
3 stars

Crying Wolf
awe. loved the man-wolf.

The New Man's Army by Michael S.
2-stars

Rommy and Jules by Xara X. Xanakas
cute story!

The Conquerors by Mark Alders
3-stars.
Ok i liked this story even though I spent mos
Jaime

A WISH FOR JAMIE by Em Woods - 3.5 stars

PONY UP by Rachel Haimowitz - 2 stars

MASTE
Ayu Puspita Sari
I decided to stop reading on like, 5th story, since the theme is began feel more naughty than romantic--when I'm actually kind of romanticist soo...

But first few stories was good and I found the 3rd story about IT guy and the plumber very interesting. That story became my favorite in this anthology so far. Maybe I would try to read the other sometimes later and find out whether I could find some stories that fit my taste.

but all in all, this anthology is nice to read.
Britta ★ Nachteule ★

25 Christmas-stories for free? Give it to me!

A very varied collection of stories. It was fun to read and I'm stunned by what the authors did with only a photo and a prompt. There were stories I liked, didn't get, loved or simply didn't like.

All in all it's 3.5 stars!

Here the ratings in detail:

A Shiny New Toy ~ 3.5 stars ~ My Review

Thick as Thieves ~ 2 stars ~ My Review

Leaking Pipes ~ 4 stars ~ My Review

Christmas in the Sandbox ~ 4.5 stars ~ My Review

Crying Wolf ~ 4 stars ~ My Review

The New
Dhfan4life
Really enjoyed this set of m/m romances for sure. Found it most intriguing the different take from some of the writers. But definitely got really hot from reading each one. ;)
Shanna
A great mixture of writing styles and creativity. Wonderful holiday treat. :)
Brad
Super hot stories from an amazing group of authors!
Tracy
a lot of blushing
Vivian Archer
"A Shiny New Toy" by M.J. O'Shea
Rating: 4 stars

Hot, young loving. Two best friends find they have even more in common than sports and favorite pizza toppings in this scorcher. James has been secretly wishing his best friend, Quinn was more. I guess Christmas wishes do have a way of coming true.

"Crying Wolf" by Jade Archer
Rating: 3.5 stars

Nice worldbuilding in this fantasy offering with one recluse mage and the runaway slave wolf-boy. The dynamics between the two are hot and definitely intrigues
Hermia
25 Kurzgeschichten wurden hier von unterschiedlichen Autoren geschrieben und veröffentlicht. Das Thema, das sie alle verbindet: Gayromance und Weihnachten.
Bei manchen der Geschichten ist der Bezug zu Weihnachten schon sehr entfernt, aber das ändert nicht an der Tatsache, das es mir zum größten Teil Spaß gemacht hat, sie zu lesen.

Abgesehen vom Weihnachtsthema ist die Bandbreite immens. Da gibt es Stories über beste Freunde, die sich ineinander verlieben, romantische Coming out Stories ebenso wie
Alex
Overall
Normally with an anthology I like to break down the individual stories, but there are too many to do that here, plus I read them over a long period of time (6 months). A good chunk of these stories (if not a majority) are written by well-known authors in the genre, so unlike some other free anthologies (assuming there are some, somewhere, aside from Wishing on a Blue Star ), the majority of these stories are well written, well edited and overall very enjoyable. Aside from a general Winter
  • Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume One
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Three
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Five
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Seven
  • Just One Bite: Volume One (Just One Bite, #1)
  • His For The Holidays
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Eleven - Bonus Volume
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Nine
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Ten
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Eight
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Six
  • O Come All Ye Kinky
M.J. O'Shea has been writing romance since algebra class in sixth grade (when most of her stories starred her and Leonardo DiCaprio). When she's not writing, she loves listening to nearly all types of music, painting, reading great authors, and on those elusive sunny days in the Pacific Northwest, she loves driving on the freeway with her windows rolled down and her stereo on high.

Facebook: M.J. O
More about M.J. O'Shea...
Bridges (Bridges, #1) Coming Home (Rock Bay, #1) Unintended Catch My Breath Things I'll Never Say

“I could barely manage myself sometimes, let alone some miniature kleinman person whose sole method of communication was crying. How would I know what she wanted? How would I keep her happy?” 14 likes