Start by marking “The Cowboy and the Princess” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy and the Princess

The Cowboy and the Princess (Western Weddings #11)

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  21 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Watch over a princess for the summer? Keep Her Royal Highness out of trouble? Not happening. But when the princess's brother asks reclusive rancher Owen Michaels for help with defiant Princess Delfyne, Owen can't say no.
He should say no. Delfyne is regal. Gorgeous. Kind. And dangerous to this tormented cowboy's heart. Owen will have to fight his hardest to keep love away-
Published April 1st 2009 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy and the Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy and the Princess

Jenifer
Jul 21, 2015 Jenifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A short, sweet romance that made me laugh and kept me entertained, just wish it was a bit longer.

Owen is a rancher who has just been asked by his best friend to keep an eye on his younger sister while she takes the summer off. Just one little detail, Delfyne is a princess betrothed to a prince.

Delfyne just wants the same rights as her siblings, one summer away from the pressures of royal life. She just didn't expect to spend it on a working ranch with her brother's chosen jailer.

I have to say
Zakgirl
Feb 01, 2014 Zakgirl rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I've always wondered why people read Mills & Boon books. I saw a copy at work and decided to read it. I'm still wondering why people read them. Reading this book didn't help me answer my question at all. It could have been read in a day as it was a very easy read. It didn't seem a very good example of a Mills & Boon book but as I haven't read any others, maybe one, I have nothing really to compare it to.

The plot was thin, the characters were unrealistic and nothing much happened.

This s
Amy
Jul 16, 2014 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Boring plot; stupid dialogue. I have to admit that I quit on pg 76. So Delfyne, a "princess from some fictional country comes to Montana to live on a ranch owned by her brother's friend to escape the "mundane" life of being a princess. But what does she do when she arrives? Housework! Cleaning and baking cookies! Why have her "learn" the menial jobs of cleaning the house? Why not send her to the local university to take classes, instead? She could have met interesting people and "learned" more a ...more
Becky
Sep 03, 2012 Becky rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story of rich rancher who lost his mother, wife and child because of ranch life. His best friend who saved him from himself after his son died of SIDS, who,happens to be his old roomate and a Prince sends his sister the Princess to the ranch so she can enjoy the last couple months of her life free from obligation before her arranged marriage. Parts of it were funny, but it got sort of drawn out when you know what the ending will be. Its a very predictable and unbelievable story. Its an easy ...more
Angela9600
Aug 28, 2011 Angela9600 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I should have known it wasn't a good fit for me. I am not a huge fan of Westerns but the Princess bit snagged my attention.
Laura's Book Addiction
I just loved this book from start to finish it is the PREFECT harlequin romance novel.
Judio
Judio rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2016
Lana Malumo
Lana Malumo rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2016
Tasja Badillo
Tasja Badillo marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Shakira
Shakira rated it did not like it
Dec 19, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Shakira
Shakira rated it did not like it
May 20, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Heather Bleininger
Heather Bleininger rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Yoko
Yoko marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Lindy
Lindy marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Angelus
Angelus rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2014
shms
shms marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Aimee
Aimee rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2013
Maria Pedersen
Maria Pedersen marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
A former teacher, Myrna Mackenzie has always been a daydreamer and began putting those daydreams to use when she sold her first book in 1993.

Her work has won the Holt Medallion for outstanding fiction and the Booksellers Best Award, she's been nominated for the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Awards 4 times and been a finalist in the Orange Rose, the Reader's Choice and WisRWA's Write Touch. Sol
More about Myrna Mackenzie...

Western Weddings (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Rancher Takes a Family (Western Weddings, #1)
  • Rancher and Protector (Western Weddings, #2)
  • Hired by the Cowboy (Windover Ranch #1)
  • The Bridal Contract (Western Weddings, #4)
  • The Rancher's Doorstep Baby (Western Weddings, #5)
  • Wedding Bells at Wandering Creek Ranch (Western Weddings, #6)
  • Coming Home to the Cattleman (Western Weddings, #7)
  • The Rancher's Inherited Family (Western Weddings, #8)
  • Texas Ranger Takes a Bride (Western Weddings, #9)
  • The Rancher's Runaway Princess (Larch Valley #1)