Start by marking “Piper Reed, Party Planner” as Want to Read:
Piper Reed, Party Planner

Piper Reed, Party Planner (Piper Reed #3)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Previously published as Piper Reed Gets a Job.
Piper Reed and her fellow Gypsy Club members are in need of a clubhouse. Raising money to buy one proves a challenge. Piper, being the resourceful fifth grader that she is, launches her own party-planning business and gets her first job throwing young Brady's birthday celebration. But things don't go as expected on the day of t
Published March 29th 2011 by Square Fish (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Piper Reed, Party Planner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Piper Reed, Party Planner

IndyPL Kids Book Blog
Piper and The Gypsy Club (Piper and her friends Hailey, Michael and Nicole) have a problem. Since Piper moved and left her treehouse behind, there is nowhere good for them to hold their Gypsy Club meetings. They find an ad in a magazine for the perfect clubhouse - it has window boxes, wooden shingles…and it only costs $1,999.00. Now that’s cash The Gypsy Club doesn’t have, but they figure if they each ask their parents, at least ONE set of parents ought to say yes.

They figured wrong. Three sets
Piper Reed wants to buy a clubhouse so the Gypsy Club can have meetings free of pests (i.e. Sam), but clubhouses are expensive! So entrepreneur Piper decides to start a party planning business, with Brady’s third birthday as their first job! But Piper starts to pile on more jobs to make more money, including an illustrator job for Sam and taking Tori’s babysitting jobs. Soon Piper is over her head, and she’s neglected what should be her primary and only job: being a fifth grade student.

This stor
I picked up an ARC of PIPER REED GETS A JOB at the American Library Association conference, and after seeing the way my 7-year-old daughter refused to put it down, I decided I needed to meet this young heroine.

Piper Reed is a delightfully confident Navy brat who has made a life of being the new kid in school. She's delightfully adaptable and creative, so when her club needs money for a new meeting place, she finds a way to get a job -- no, several jobs, actually, from babysitting to birthday par
Abby Johnson
Piper Reed and her friends need $1999 to buy a clubhouse so they can have a little privacy and Piper is determined to figure out how to earn the money. So she starts a birthday party planning business, but things start to snowball (as they often do) and Piper will have to think on her feet to keep everything from blowing up in her face.

Piper Reed is a spunky, likeable, imperfect girl and the series is perfect for fans of Judy Moody and Clementine. The book has it's really funny moments and I lo
I listened to this in the car. It is by Kimberly Willis Holt, who wrote the excellent book "Part of me". The Piper Reed series is somewhat interesting. Its negative features come from dealing with real-world situations that are important to ten-year-olds, but seem boring to adults.

An alarming aspect of this book was when a young child (age: 3) gets knocked off a swing set by 3 older brats while Piper is staging a birthday party. The child's mother is there, but not paying attention until it is
This is the third book in the Piper Reed series by Kimberly Willis Holt. We can relate to these stories about a military family, even if our experiences with the military aren't quite the same. We also love Piper's spunk and enthusiasm.

This story begins in the first month of fifth grade for Piper. She is thrilled to be starting the school year off with everyone else and not in the middle of the school year, like she did last year. But she is disappointed to learn that she looped with her teache
Amazing book, read it on one breath!
Sandra Stiles
Piper Reed and the Gypsy Club need a clubhouse. Unfortunately it will cost close to $2000. Piper decides to get a job. She puts a sign in her front yard that says she designs party planner. She decides to help her younger sister by illustrating her book and when her older sister needs someone to cover her babysitting job she takes on that task as well. Add to all of this her school project and you have a disaster in the making. This was an easy and quick book to read, and a lot of fun.
Theo kids
A clever story about a resourceful girl! I liked her spunk, and her willingness to work hard for her dream. Troy liked the idea that he could actually get a job working for someone besides me (and possibly get paid more??) and between Henry (from Beverly Cleary) and Piper - he is DETERMINED to get a clubhouse. As soon as he gets his Dad to agree to build it! A great book for kids.
This sequel to Piper Reed, Navy Brat shows Piper to be a realistic heroine with big dreams. Young girls, especially military kids, should identify with Piper's plans to make big money (which, of course, fall through).

The only thing I didn't like about the book was the illustrations. Some were fine, but some looked haphazardly-drawn to me.
she wants a new clubhouse because she doesn't want to have the meetings at her house anymore. so she tries to raise money by being a party planner. brady wants a clown and a rocket cake but she doesn't know how to get the stuff so her family helps her out.
Alexa M
i am at the part that piper is just about to go babysit the triplets and then she has to go to her next door neighbors party i am really enjoyin gthis boook i really like that the book is more like my life because the chacters are my age.
Unfortunately, I think this was my least favorite Piper Reed book. I could see trouble coming for Piper and just kind of cringed the whole time. Still, she's one of the most believable characters out there.
Darlene Andre
High interest book with an easier reading level. Believable characters and interesting plot. I need to add some more of the Piper Reed books to my classroom library.
Cute story for the upper elementary school crowd. Lessons taught: responsibility, time management, money management, and "money doesn't grow on trees".
Piper Reed needs money for a clubhouse for the Gypsy Club. She decides to start her own party planning company. Things aren't as easy as she thinks.
Emily L
I have finished this book and i think it was the best of then all.
Got to love the Piper Reed series very funny stuff.
10-11 Natalie
this book was ok i think the first and second were better
Contemporary storyline but remiscent of Beverly Cleary.
Fifty thousand trillion stars.
Sep 27, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
Lara Lian
Lara Lian marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Emily Black
Emily Black marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Nadia Lian
Nadia Lian marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • What's With This Room?
  • Alvin Ho: Allergic to Birthday Parties, Science Projects, and Other Man-made Catastrophes (Alvin Ho, #3)
  • My Dog May Be a Genius
  • Chasing Orion
  • The Dunderheads
  • Kubla Khan: The Emperor of Everything
  • Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Practicing the Piano: But She Does Love Being in Recitals (Moxy Maxwell, #3)
  • Meet the Gecko (Shredderman, #3)
  • Bobby The Brave (Sometimes)
  • Elizabeth Leads the Way: Elizabeth Cady Stanton and the Right to Vote
  • Clementine, Friend of the Week (Clementine, #4)
  • Happy New Year, Mallory!  (Mallory McDonald, #12)
  • Emily's Fortune
  • A Picture Book of Anne Frank
  • The Last Straw (For Better or For Worse, #5)
  • Outside the Box: A Book of Poems
  • I, Amber Brown (Amber Brown, #8)
  • Ellie McDoodle: Have Pen, Will Travel
Kimberly Willis Holt is the author of the Piper Reed series, including Piper Reed, Navy Brat, Piper Reed, Clubhouse Queen, and Piper Reed, Rodeo Star. She has written many award-winning novels, including The Water Seeker and My Louisiana Sky, as well as the picture books Waiting for Gregory and Skinny Brown Dog. A former Navy brat herself, Holt was born in Pensacola, Florida, and lived all over th ...more
More about Kimberly Willis Holt...

Piper Reed (6 books)
  • Piper Reed: Navy Brat (Piper Reed #1)
  • Piper Reed, The Great Gypsy (Piper Reed #2)
  • Piper Reed, Campfire Girl (Piper Reed #4)
  • Piper Reed, Rodeo Star (Piper Reed #5)
  • Piper Reed, Forever Friend