Start by marking “WordPress All-In-One for Dummies” as Want to Read:
WordPress All-In-One for Dummies

WordPress All-In-One for Dummies

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A convenient how-to guide for maximizing your WordPress experienceWordPress is a state-of-the-art blog publishing platform with nearly ten million active installations. Eight minibooks provide you with expanded coverage of the most important topics to the WordPress community, such as WordPress basics, theme designs, plug-in development, social media integration, SEO, custo ...more
Published April 19th 2011 by For Dummies (first published March 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about WordPress All-In-One for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about WordPress All-In-One for Dummies

Chad Warner
Aug 22, 2012 Chad Warner rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: WordPress administrators, designers, developers
This is the broadest, most comprehensive WordPress book I’ve read so far. It covers more than WordPress for Dummies (read my review), because it deals with everything from administration to design to development. I skimmed the first 4 books which dealt with the basics. I especially liked the sections on SEO and theme development. It also covers plugin development and Network/Multisite.

I re-read this book to learn more about working with theme template files. It has excellent explanations of cust
Chad Warner
May 01, 2014 Chad Warner rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: WordPress users, designers, developers
A broadly informative WordPress book, covering installation, administration, publishing, SEO and social media,design, development, and Network/Multisite. Because it covers so many topics, it doesn't get very deep into any of them. You'll want to read more focused WordPress books (or websites) for more details.

I skimmed much of the book since I already knew it (I run a WordPress design and development company, OptimWise), or it was covered in the first edition.

Themes and theme frameworks
• Premiu
David
Very comprehensive. Didn't know one could do so much with widgets.
Desiree'
I used this all in one book to learn more about Wordpress and how to use it as both a web page and a blog. I am glad I chose this book; it truly provided me the knowledge and application to both build and navigate the Wordpress dashboard.
Jeff Humphreys
It's a fine book. But I'm a bit off on tangent 123,232. My first thought after being laid off was that I needed to improve my skills, and build a web site demoing my awesome skills in progress. But to my dismay I am learning a horrible fact: Idaho doesn't care. It doesn't care about my skills. Most of my skills are worthless outside of New York. I doubt any other city employs my skill set. What a dumb thing to do, moving to bumf-ck Idaho. What cuts it in Idaho is a degree, and an engineering deg ...more
Greg Van Vorhis
Very overwhelming. Best way to learn is to dive in.
Eugene Kok
Gives you a good overview on what you meed to know about Wordpress saving you precious time since its focused. Without the need to hunt all over the internet. Worth reading to have a grasp of wordpress, but not a reference for professional text.
Roxann Souci
It is an interesting book, but the actual technical instructions are not helpful to a first time site builder. And this is my second website!
Tania
Tania is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2015
Marylynn
Marylynn marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Alli
Alli added it
May 19, 2015
Anne Boswell
Anne Boswell marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Adam
Adam added it
Mar 04, 2015
Amirah
Amirah marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
WordPress For Dummies WordPress Web Design for Dummies BuddyPress for Dummies WordPress For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech)) Launch a Wordpress.com Blog in a Day for Dummies