Start by marking “WordPress All-In-One for Dummies” as Want to Read:
WordPress All-In-One for Dummies

WordPress All-In-One for Dummies

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A convenient how-to guide for maximizing your WordPress experienceWordPress is a state-of-the-art blog publishing platform with nearly ten million active installations. Eight minibooks provide you with expanded coverage of the most important topics to the WordPress community, such as WordPress basics, theme designs, plug-in development, social media integration, SEO, custo ...more
Published April 19th 2011 by For Dummies (first published March 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about WordPress All-In-One for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about WordPress All-In-One for Dummies

Chad Warner
Aug 22, 2012 Chad Warner rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: WordPress administrators, designers, developers
This is the broadest, most comprehensive WordPress book I’ve read so far. It covers more than WordPress for Dummies (read my review), because it deals with everything from administration to design to development. I skimmed the first 4 books which dealt with the basics. I especially liked the sections on SEO and theme development. It also covers plugin development and Network/Multisite.

I re-read this book to learn more about working with theme template files. It has excellent explanations of cust
Chad Warner
May 01, 2014 Chad Warner rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: WordPress users, designers, developers
A broadly informative WordPress book, covering installation, administration, publishing, SEO and social media,design, development, and Network/Multisite. Because it covers so many topics, it doesn't get very deep into any of them. You'll want to read more focused WordPress books (or websites) for more details.

I skimmed much of the book since I already knew it (I run a WordPress design and development company, OptimWise), or it was covered in the first edition.

Themes and theme frameworks
• Premiu
David
Very comprehensive. Didn't know one could do so much with widgets.
Desiree'
I used this all in one book to learn more about Wordpress and how to use it as both a web page and a blog. I am glad I chose this book; it truly provided me the knowledge and application to both build and navigate the Wordpress dashboard.
Jeff Humphreys
It's a fine book. But I'm a bit off on tangent 123,232. My first thought after being laid off was that I needed to improve my skills, and build a web site demoing my awesome skills in progress. But to my dismay I am learning a horrible fact: Idaho doesn't care. It doesn't care about my skills. Most of my skills are worthless outside of New York. I doubt any other city employs my skill set. What a dumb thing to do, moving to bumf-ck Idaho. What cuts it in Idaho is a degree, and an engineering deg ...more
Eugene Kok
Gives you a good overview on what you meed to know about Wordpress saving you precious time since its focused. Without the need to hunt all over the internet. Worth reading to have a grasp of wordpress, but not a reference for professional text.
Roxann Souci
It is an interesting book, but the actual technical instructions are not helpful to a first time site builder. And this is my second website!
Rechielle
Rechielle marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Durwin
Durwin marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Tony Gervais
Tony Gervais marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Rachel
Rachel is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2014
Mariana
Mariana marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Ben
Ben added it
Jun 16, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
WordPress For Dummies WordPress Web Design for Dummies BuddyPress for Dummies Launch a Wordpress.com Blog in a Day for Dummies WordPress For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))