Start by marking “Power Play” as Want to Read:
Power Play

Power Play (Black & White Collection #5)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  350 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews

There’s only room at the top for one person…at a time.

A Black & White Collection story

Back on American soil for the first time in nine months, Reed Donovan is ready to blow off some steam. The beauty he spots at the local bar not only catches his eye, she snags him by the balls when she announces she’s always fantasized about having sex with a stranger—a fantasy he i

Published January 11th 2011 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Power Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power Play

Heather in FL
Short-ish read. I think I read it within about 5 hours, and that's including dinner and mommy stuff. But it was a good story. I could see how Francesca never wanted to give up her right/ability to be successful. Her dad really was a caveman. I'm amazed that either her or Reed could be submissive long enough to fulfill one of the other's fantasies, lol. It was definitely an interesting setup and a satisfying ending. While there was sex, I wouldn't say it was the smexiest sex I've ever read, even ...more
Joy
Reading this type of story in a corporate setting written by this author was new for me. Mari Carr is a master storyteller of a casual-sex to real relationship stories. I'm still coming to grips how the characters fell in love based on lust. To give credit, the author added the other dimensions of Francesca and Reed to the mix.

Both of them have strong wills, and they're alpha. I instantly like Frankie's character, she's an achiever and after growing up with a father like that, I'm in awe of how
itmfiddler
Oct 31, 2015 itmfiddler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Guess I can't leave it there. Perhaps a few more words. *g* possible spoiler alert - although I'm trying to keep it generic enough that it gives nothing away.

Francesca was done perfectly. Sexy. Smart. and Smartass - the best kind of heroine LOL. But you still got to see her vulnerable side. And the glimpses of that vulnerable side are exceptionally well done. They fit totally in the story. You don't feel like they were stuck in, just to explain her behavi
Christi Snow
May 04, 2011 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full review to come.... I REALLY liked this one!

My Review:
The premise of this book is not a real new one- powerful, independent girl has issues with dominant men because her father was a dominating jerk who basically erased all signs of her mother as an individual. What makes this book a good one was how well Mari Carr wrote the emotions behind all that.

I am not going to talk about the story line because the book description (section above) gives a great description of it. Both Reed and Francesc
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
Barbara
Feb 13, 2011 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good erotic read of two successful business people with A-type personalities. Reed Donovan, marketing executive extraordinaire and Francesca "Frankie" Carlyle are competitive, driven marketing professionals forced into a working partnership. As they both fight to win accounts and get the upper-hand on the other, they find that together they can make all their fantasies come true.

Big business has never seemed so enticing! Scorching hot!

Recommended read.
Adriana
Power Play by Mari Carr

This is book #5 in the Black and White collection but a standalone read.

This is a story about two people Reed and Francesca, who are not opposites but mirror images of each other intellectually, strong opinions, dominate, and independent. I enjoyed this short story that had both main characters switching dominate roles equally. Well written and erotic.
Zarith dol
Oct 05, 2013 Zarith dol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is scorching hot book. I love a strong and independent career woman in dominated male world. The banter or barter more likely between the hero and heroine heat up in most of the scene. Overall it is a book to be recommended.
Holly
Feb 23, 2011 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED THIS BOOK

I absolutely loved the power struggle between the H/h, both very dominant personalities, which resulted in incredibly hot sex and a very sweet story of ultimate surrender!!
~Charmer~the 1-click addict
I thought I was buying an interracial book, but it was not. I was bored w/ the business talk, but it eventually got better. It was ok.
Shana
Mar 18, 2011 Shana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the bio and this book talks about sex in public places. My curiosity was peaked at that point.;)Wow this book rocked my world.
Tara Clegg
Jan 29, 2011 Tara Clegg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review as published on Fallen Angel Reviews:
*Nan*
Jan 20, 2011 *Nan* rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
I would give this a 3.5 if i could. I liked this book but definately not as much as the Wild Irish series.
Alma (aka Mrs. Rhaw)
It was a sweet and sappy kind of romance. But I somehow enjoyed the sugar high.
Vivian
Jul 18, 2011 Vivian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-contemp
Sexy,sweet, fun tale about office competition. Yes, there really can be two winners!
Katie
Nov 17, 2013 Katie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh. Didn't feel this one at all, though there were a few good scenes in there.
Marilicious
Jan 22, 2011 Marilicious rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
It could have been a five, but she used the word turgid. LOL
Stephanie
Loved this story!!!

Mari Carr is a new favorite!
Nicole
Mar 22, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smut, read-in-2011
3.5 stars. Another smokin hot Mari Carr erotica
Shanna
Apr 05, 2012 Shanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Series
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Wanda Z
Wanda Z rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Tatiane Perego
Tatiane Perego marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Heather Mcgowan
Heather Mcgowan rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Inday
Inday is currently reading it
Mar 27, 2016
  • Training the Receptionist (The Receptionist, #1)
  • Sin City (Hot in the City, #2)
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
  • SoloPlay (Come Again, #2)
  • Rite of First Claim (Diablo Blanco Club, #3)
  • Dream Machine (Play Doctor, #1)
  • Graceful Submission (Graceful, #1)
  • Dear Sir, I'm Yours (The Connaghers #1)
  • Meredith's Awakening (Worthington Group, #2)
  • Power Struggle
  • Take Your Pleasure
  • Holiday Bound
  • A Toy For Two (Le' Club d'Esclavage, #2)
  • Mr. Smith's Whip (Taboo Wishes, #4)
  • Tamed
  • Secretary for Two
  • Crack The Whip (Rawhide, #1)
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list and on her thirty-fourth birthday, she set out to see that goal achieved. Five years later, her computer is jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends and six of her books have been published.

High school librarian by day and mother of two busy teenagers, Mari Carr found time for writing by squeezing it into the ho
More about Mari Carr...

Black & White Collection (8 books)
  • Erotic Research (Black and White Collection, #1)
  • Tequila Truth (Black and White Collection, #2)
  • Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • Happy Hour (Black and White Collection, #4)
  • Slam Dunk (Black and White Collection, #6)
  • Dangerous Curves