Start by marking “Solstice Heat” as Want to Read:
Solstice Heat

Solstice Heat

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A “Not Quite Christmas” Story

After an injury left Jason in a wheelchair he gave up the pack Alpha position, thinking he was no longer fit to lead. But the injury didn’t change his desire for a mate, companionship, a woman’s touch.

Giovanni is furious when she finds secret emails on her computer between her baby sister and Jason. Gio takes her sister’s place and shows up at
ebook
Published December 21st 2010 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Solstice Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solstice Heat

Book Utopia
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Violette

I’ve been hunting for a unique, enjoyable paranormal read for a while, so when my Kindle suggested this story, I was instantly intrigued. As I read the blurb, I thought “Well, I’ve never seen this before” and purchased. I’ve never been so happy with a purchase before.

Solstice Heat is worth every penny spent. First off, this story is about a former pack alpha, who gave up his position because he lost the full use of one leg, and has very limited use in the other. Jason sees hi
Jhenn
The hero, Jason, is your typical brooding Alpha male except for one minor detail: he is in a wheelchair. He lost his legs saving the life of his best friend and Beta, Donovan two years prior to the beginning of the story. However, despite his noble actions, Jason gives up the position of pack Alpha and decides to live peacefully away from the dangers that come with the title. This includes finding a mate who will not only accept him for being a shapeshifter, but is agreeable to caring for him fo ...more
Heather
Impromptu Review: Solstice Heat, by Leila Brown

I found Solstice Heat as an advert on the new aRe Cafe, and I was intrigued, especially since this follows on the heels of the Romance Club discussion on how very white white white the paranormal world is in Romancelandia. I love PNR, but the limited POCs kind of detracts from the thing that I like about PNR, which is that it’s our world, with a bit of magic. No POCs kind of zaps out the “this is the world we live, and you can just see out of the co
Bluecreek
I'm afraid this story just didn't work at all for me. It was short, I didn't get the attraction, and the way the plot and how the werewolf clan worked was a simplistic attempt to force you accept the relationship even though it based on nothing tangible at all. Very basic and forced story telling.
Trickiegyrl

It was interesting to read a story featuring an Alpha Male that had a disability. Loved the female Alpha, who although had some self esteem issues, did not back down from any challenges. The book was not a long one and I need to know more about this pack.
raeneysa
this would be my third novel of top ten novel i like three out ten,anyway i like gio she a strong no sense type of woman,to let you know who running the show, but either is her man jason despite he try be deceitful about them.
Erosa Knowles
I liked the female character, I'm a big fan of stories with strong family ties. Without going too deep, the character growth of the main characters was well done. All in all an enjoyable read.
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Marlena
Marlena marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Kagome
Kagome added it
Jun 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I've been an avid reader since the fifth grade. As I aged I read everything I could get my hands on from horror, to mystery and finally stopping in romance.

While in college studying computer programming and electrical engineering, I realized what I wanted to do when I grew up. I wanted to write those stories that entertained me through more nights than I could count. Of course my first attempts we
More about Leila Brown...
The Diamond Heartstone The Pearl Heartstone A Chance Encounter Pleasuring a Pirate Haley's Demon