Start by marking “Solstice Heat” as Want to Read:
Solstice Heat

Solstice Heat

A “Not Quite Christmas” Story

After an injury left Jason in a wheelchair he gave up the pack Alpha position, thinking he was no longer fit to lead. But the injury didn’t change his desire for a mate, companionship, a woman’s touch.

Giovanni is furious when she finds secret emails on her computer between her baby sister and Jason. Gio takes her sister’s place and shows up at
ebook
Published December 21st 2010 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Solstice Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solstice Heat

Book Utopia
Feb 11, 2011 Book Utopia rated it did not like it
Romancing the Book
Sep 12, 2011 Romancing the Book rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Reviewed by Violette

I’ve been hunting for a unique, enjoyable paranormal read for a while, so when my Kindle suggested this story, I was instantly intrigued. As I read the blurb, I thought “Well, I’ve never seen this before” and purchased. I’ve never been so happy with a purchase before.

Solstice Heat is worth every penny spent. First off, this story is about a former pack alpha, who gave up his position because he lost the full use of one leg, and has very limited use in the other. Jason sees hi
Heather
Mar 13, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
Impromptu Review: Solstice Heat, by Leila Brown

I found Solstice Heat as an advert on the new aRe Cafe, and I was intrigued, especially since this follows on the heels of the Romance Club discussion on how very white white white the paranormal world is in Romancelandia. I love PNR, but the limited POCs kind of detracts from the thing that I like about PNR, which is that it’s our world, with a bit of magic. No POCs kind of zaps out the “this is the world we live, and you can just see out of the co
Jhenn
Jan 26, 2011 Jhenn rated it really liked it
The hero, Jason, is your typical brooding Alpha male except for one minor detail: he is in a wheelchair. He lost his legs saving the life of his best friend and Beta, Donovan two years prior to the beginning of the story. However, despite his noble actions, Jason gives up the position of pack Alpha and decides to live peacefully away from the dangers that come with the title. This includes finding a mate who will not only accept him for being a shapeshifter, but is agreeable to caring for him fo ...more
Trickiegyrl
May 12, 2011 Trickiegyrl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

It was interesting to read a story featuring an Alpha Male that had a disability. Loved the female Alpha, who although had some self esteem issues, did not back down from any challenges. The book was not a long one and I need to know more about this pack.
Bluecreek
Jun 14, 2012 Bluecreek rated it it was ok
Shelves: ir-bw
I'm afraid this story just didn't work at all for me. It was short, I didn't get the attraction, and the way the plot and how the werewolf clan worked was a simplistic attempt to force you accept the relationship even though it based on nothing tangible at all. Very basic and forced story telling.
raeneysa
Feb 19, 2011 raeneysa rated it it was amazing
this would be my third novel of top ten novel i like three out ten,anyway i like gio she a strong no sense type of woman,to let you know who running the show, but either is her man jason despite he try be deceitful about them.
Erosa Knowles
Mar 19, 2011 Erosa Knowles rated it really liked it
I liked the female character, I'm a big fan of stories with strong family ties. Without going too deep, the character growth of the main characters was well done. All in all an enjoyable read.
Tracey Smith
Tracey Smith rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2012
Michaela
Michaela rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Vonetta Jones
Vonetta Jones rated it did not like it
May 18, 2012
Davina
Davina rated it it was ok
Apr 18, 2012
Genelle
Genelle rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2013
Martine Morency
Martine Morency rated it did not like it
Apr 19, 2014
CopperGoddess
CopperGoddess rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2011
Dei Cowen
Dei Cowen rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
J
J rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2013
Matarina
Matarina rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2013
Jasmine Taylor
Jasmine Taylor rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2014
Jamilla_
Jamilla_ rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2015
Ellie
Ellie rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2011
Nia
Nia rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2014
Montana
Montana rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Ash
Ash rated it did not like it
Aug 20, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it did not like it
Apr 05, 2014
Niyel graham
Niyel graham rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2013
Syreeta
Syreeta rated it it was ok
May 24, 2016
Sophia
Sophia rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2013
Benita Vehnom  Ruiz
Benita Vehnom Ruiz rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I've been an avid reader since the fifth grade. As I aged I read everything I could get my hands on from horror, to mystery and finally stopping in romance.

While in college studying computer programming and electrical engineering, I realized what I wanted to do when I grew up. I wanted to write those stories that entertained me through more nights than I could count. Of course my first attempts we
More about Leila Brown...