Start by marking “Bloodline: A Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective Mystery” as Want to Read:
Bloodline: A Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective Mystery

Bloodline: A Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective Mystery (Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective #2)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  140 ratings  ·  17 reviews
"Cinderella is in the bluebell woods at Poacher's Dell...."The anonymous note means nothing to ancestor detective Natasha Blake. Then one of her clients, an enigmatic old man who had commissioned a family tree of his granddaughter's boyfriend, is shot dead at his isolated farm in the Cotswolds, just as shocking facts about the past are brought to light. Is there a link?See ...more
Published March 7th 2006 by Minotaur Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodline

N.N. Light
This book is an amazing mystery filled with twists and turns that you didn’t see coming. The main character is Natasha Blake and she is a genealogist by trade. She uncovers people’s ancestors and her latest client is quite mysterious. He wants a family tree done on his granddaughter’s boyfriend. What she uncovers leads to his mysterious death and Natasha must help the police find the true killer before the killer finds her. A brilliant British mystery and a must-read!
Cleo Bannister
This was a fascinating idea for a story which involves family history research.

It was a great to read on holiday as the story moves along at a pace and was very interesting.

This is the second story which features genealogist Natasha Blake and it works well as a stand-alone, I haven't read the first one. If you're interested in nature versus nurture and family history give this a go
I thought I'd enjoy this, but I didn't really. The mystery wound up getting so tangled up in different family trees that I couldn't keep track of who was who. When supposedly shocking or important revelations came, I was underwhelmed because I didn't know or care anymore how the people were connected. I finally just skimmed the last three chapters or so. I say skip it.
Katharine Ott
"Bloodline" - written by Fiona Mountain and published in 2004 by Orion. An intricate, compelling genealogical mystery.
I liked the main character of Natasha because she was smart and articulate, but I really didn't enjoy the story. The writing seemed rather slow and dry with not a lot of dialogue. The ending was very predictable and melodramatic.

I should say I'm not a fan of genealogy, so all the detail she gave about looking up family history was lost on me. Plus, it was hard to feel sympathy for many of the characters because of the way they reacted to Natasha's work.
Second of this author's books to feature Natasha Blake "Ancestor Detective". As with the first one, Natasha is doing her normal job of researching family history and get involves in a murder investigation with roots in the past. Quite a complicated plot but easy reading although I was annoyed by a few small errors.
See my review of the same author's Pale As the Dead.
This book deals with some of the nastier uses to which genealogy has been put. I thought it was very good and hope that the recent appearance of a more "literary" novel by Ms. Mountain doesn't mean the end of the Natasha Blake series.
A fun mystery that I would feel comfortable recommending to anyone.
Sometime in a mystery, the author gets overly focused on the grisly details of the murder. That was not the case here. This was an engaging story. I enjoyed the book.
A bit creepy - and a look into a sick Nazi breeding program I had previously been unaware of. I still like the idea of genealogical sleuth, but this book was uneven.
Ruth Kevghas
One of the best mysteries I have read recently! Thoroughly absorbing and intricate with lots of detail! Just the way I enjoy them!
Didn't finish. Got 10 chapters in and realised I didn't really care what happened. Shame, as parts of it were interesting.
Britt, Book Habitue
I love mysteries and genealogy, but this one just didn't quite click for me. Not bad, just didn't love it.
I love books that use genealogy and history to solve the mystery. I like her style of writing also.
Since the protagonist was a genealogist (one of my hobbies) I enjoyed this book a lot.
Jean Liska
Entertaining author. This book combined mystery and genealogy that was set in England.
Like the genealogy subject.
Karenn marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
O. Poole
O. Poole marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Carol Plessinger
Carol Plessinger marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Vicki marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Jen Fluharty
Jen Fluharty marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Julie marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Bryony Malone
Bryony Malone marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Jennifer Harford
Jennifer Harford marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
  • Old, New, Red, Blue! (Step into Reading) (Cars movie tie in)
  • The Sea Serpent and Me
  • Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • Q Is for Duck: An Alphabet Guessing Game
  • Murder at the Academy Awards: A Red Carpet Murder Mystery
  • The Year Mom Won the Pennant
  • Gifts in Jars: Recipes for Easy, Delicious, Inexpensive DIY Gifts in Jars
  • 100 More Easy Recipes in Jars
  • Parking Lot Hero (A Powers of Love Story)
  • The 2011 Book Blogger's Cookbook (The Book Blogger's Cookbook)
  • Daughter of Deceit (Family Tree, #3)
  • Cat Snips
  • Doctor Dolittle
  • Murder Your Darlings (An Algonquin Round Table Mystery #1)
  • Dear Laura: Letters from Children to Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • A Catered Christmas Cookie Exchange (A Mystery with Recipes, #9)
  • Frog on His Own
Fiona Mountain grew up in Sheffield and moved to London aged eighteen where she worked in the press office for Radio 1 for ten years, handling the PR for presenters including John Peel, Mark Radlcliffe and Steve Wright and traveling with the Radio 1 Summer Roadshow.

Her first novel, Isabella, tells the haunting love story of Bounty mutineer Fletcher Christian and his cousin, Isabella Curwen. It was
More about Fiona Mountain...

Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective (2 books)
  • Pale as the Dead (Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective, #1)