Bloodline: A Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective Mystery

Bloodline: A Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective Mystery (Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective #2)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  14 reviews
"Cinderella is in the bluebell woods at Poacher's Dell...."The anonymous note means nothing to ancestor detective Natasha Blake. Then one of her clients, an enigmatic old man who had commissioned a family tree of his granddaughter's boyfriend, is shot dead at his isolated farm in the Cotswolds, just as shocking facts about the past are brought to light. Is there a link?See...more
Published March 7th 2006 by Minotaur Books (first published January 1st 2004)

Cleo Bannister
This was a fascinating idea for a story which involves family history research.

It was a great to read on holiday as the story moves along at a pace and was very interesting.

This is the second story which features genealogist Natasha Blake and it works well as a stand-alone, I haven't read the first one. If you're interested in nature versus nurture and family history give this a go
Wendy
I thought I'd enjoy this, but I didn't really. The mystery wound up getting so tangled up in different family trees that I couldn't keep track of who was who. When supposedly shocking or important revelations came, I was underwhelmed because I didn't know or care anymore how the people were connected. I finally just skimmed the last three chapters or so. I say skip it.
Grey853
I liked the main character of Natasha because she was smart and articulate, but I really didn't enjoy the story. The writing seemed rather slow and dry with not a lot of dialogue. The ending was very predictable and melodramatic.

I should say I'm not a fan of genealogy, so all the detail she gave about looking up family history was lost on me. Plus, it was hard to feel sympathy for many of the characters because of the way they reacted to Natasha's work.
Windy
Second of this author's books to feature Natasha Blake "Ancestor Detective". As with the first one, Natasha is doing her normal job of researching family history and get involves in a murder investigation with roots in the past. Quite a complicated plot but easy reading although I was annoyed by a few small errors.
Nikki
See my review of the same author's Pale As the Dead.
This book deals with some of the nastier uses to which genealogy has been put. I thought it was very good and hope that the recent appearance of a more "literary" novel by Ms. Mountain doesn't mean the end of the Natasha Blake series.
Jen
A fun mystery that I would feel comfortable recommending to anyone.
Sometime in a mystery, the author gets overly focused on the grisly details of the murder. That was not the case here. This was an engaging story. I enjoyed the book.
Ruth Kevghas
One of the best mysteries I have read recently! Thoroughly absorbing and intricate with lots of detail! Just the way I enjoy them!
Lindsay
Didn't finish. Got 10 chapters in and realised I didn't really care what happened. Shame, as parts of it were interesting.
Britt, Book Habitue
I love mysteries and genealogy, but this one just didn't quite click for me. Not bad, just didn't love it.
Jeanine
I love books that use genealogy and history to solve the mystery. I like her style of writing also.
Lisa
Since the protagonist was a genealogist (one of my hobbies) I enjoyed this book a lot.
Jean Liska
Entertaining author. This book combined mystery and genealogy that was set in England.
Terri
Like the genealogy subject.
Aimee Moore
Aimee Moore marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Linda Lipko
Linda Lipko marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Petra Bagnardi
Petra Bagnardi marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Cherine Potgieter
Cherine Potgieter marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Kelsey Kelley
Kelsey Kelley marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Sami Sayed
Sami Sayed marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Daisy
Daisy marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Fiona Mountain grew up in Sheffield and moved to London aged eighteen where she worked in the press office for Radio 1 for ten years, handling the PR for presenters including John Peel, Mark Radlcliffe and Steve Wright and traveling with the Radio 1 Summer Roadshow.

Her first novel, Isabella, tells the haunting love story of Bounty mutineer Fletcher Christian and his cousin, Isabella Curwen. It was...more
More about Fiona Mountain...
Lady of the Butterflies Pale as the Dead (Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective, #1) Cavalier Queen Isabella Rebel Heiress