Start by marking “Bloodline: A Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective Mystery” as Want to Read:
Bloodline: A Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective Mystery

Bloodline: A Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective Mystery (Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective #2)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  145 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
"Cinderella is in the bluebell woods at Poacher's Dell...."The anonymous note means nothing to ancestor detective Natasha Blake. Then one of her clients, an enigmatic old man who had commissioned a family tree of his granddaughter's boyfriend, is shot dead at his isolated farm in the Cotswolds, just as shocking facts about the past are brought to light. Is there a link?See ...more
Published March 7th 2006 by Minotaur Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodline

N.N. Light
This book is an amazing mystery filled with twists and turns that you didn’t see coming. The main character is Natasha Blake and she is a genealogist by trade. She uncovers people’s ancestors and her latest client is quite mysterious. He wants a family tree done on his granddaughter’s boyfriend. What she uncovers leads to his mysterious death and Natasha must help the police find the true killer before the killer finds her. A brilliant British mystery and a must-read!
Cleo Bannister
Jun 21, 2014 Cleo Bannister rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, genealogy
This was a fascinating idea for a story which involves family history research.

It was a great to read on holiday as the story moves along at a pace and was very interesting.

This is the second story which features genealogist Natasha Blake and it works well as a stand-alone, I haven't read the first one. If you're interested in nature versus nurture and family history give this a go
Wendy
May 15, 2014 Wendy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought I'd enjoy this, but I didn't really. The mystery wound up getting so tangled up in different family trees that I couldn't keep track of who was who. When supposedly shocking or important revelations came, I was underwhelmed because I didn't know or care anymore how the people were connected. I finally just skimmed the last three chapters or so. I say skip it.
Dane McKenzie
Jan 07, 2016 Dane McKenzie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a genealogist I found the book very interesting. Having been to England many times I found the details to be a journey repeated. The book moved well and at time I found myself having to read some passages over to put the characters in place but that was fine. I will look into more of Fiona Mountains genealogy focused books. Some of the comments and statements made remind me of the ideas and thoughts that I have when I am researching.

As for the storyline - I liked where it went and learned a
Katharine Ott
Jul 13, 2015 Katharine Ott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: twbc-read
"Bloodline" - written by Fiona Mountain and published in 2004 by Orion. An intricate, compelling genealogical mystery.
Grey853
Sep 01, 2010 Grey853 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I liked the main character of Natasha because she was smart and articulate, but I really didn't enjoy the story. The writing seemed rather slow and dry with not a lot of dialogue. The ending was very predictable and melodramatic.

I should say I'm not a fan of genealogy, so all the detail she gave about looking up family history was lost on me. Plus, it was hard to feel sympathy for many of the characters because of the way they reacted to Natasha's work.
Windy
Mar 04, 2013 Windy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second of this author's books to feature Natasha Blake "Ancestor Detective". As with the first one, Natasha is doing her normal job of researching family history and get involves in a murder investigation with roots in the past. Quite a complicated plot but easy reading although I was annoyed by a few small errors.
Nikki
See my review of the same author's Pale As the Dead.
This book deals with some of the nastier uses to which genealogy has been put. I thought it was very good and hope that the recent appearance of a more "literary" novel by Ms. Mountain doesn't mean the end of the Natasha Blake series.
Jen
Sep 03, 2009 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun mystery that I would feel comfortable recommending to anyone.
Sometime in a mystery, the author gets overly focused on the grisly details of the murder. That was not the case here. This was an engaging story. I enjoyed the book.
Shauna
Jan 20, 2015 Shauna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit creepy - and a look into a sick Nazi breeding program I had previously been unaware of. I still like the idea of genealogical sleuth, but this book was uneven.
Ruth Kevghas
Nov 22, 2011 Ruth Kevghas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best mysteries I have read recently! Thoroughly absorbing and intricate with lots of detail! Just the way I enjoy them!
Lindsay
Nov 16, 2012 Lindsay rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't finish. Got 10 chapters in and realised I didn't really care what happened. Shame, as parts of it were interesting.
Rachelle
Better written and crafted than your average genealogical mystery.....hoping Fiona Mountain continues this series!
Britt, Book Habitue
I love mysteries and genealogy, but this one just didn't quite click for me. Not bad, just didn't love it.
Jeanine
Jun 09, 2008 Jeanine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love books that use genealogy and history to solve the mystery. I like her style of writing also.
Lisa
Dec 21, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since the protagonist was a genealogist (one of my hobbies) I enjoyed this book a lot.
Jean Liska
Oct 04, 2013 Jean Liska rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining author. This book combined mystery and genealogy that was set in England.
Terri
Apr 25, 2011 Terri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the genealogy subject.
Ellen
Aug 04, 2009 Ellen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Natasha Blake #2
Sherri Hessick
Sherri Hessick marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Veronica Bustin
Veronica Bustin marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Janet
Janet added it
Feb 01, 2016
Maggie
Maggie added it
Jan 15, 2016
Carlos
Carlos marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Marnie Doble
Marnie Doble marked it as to-read
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Old, New, Red, Blue! (Step into Reading) (Cars movie tie in)
  • Thomas and Percy and the Dragon (Thomas & Friends: Step into Reading)
  • Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1)
  • The Sea Serpent and Me
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • The Year Mom Won the Pennant
  • Gifts in Jars: Recipes for Easy, Delicious, Inexpensive DIY Gifts in Jars
  • 100 More Easy Recipes in Jars
  • Q Is for Duck: An Alphabet Guessing Game
  • Parking Lot Hero (A Powers of Love Story)
  • The 2011 Book Blogger's Cookbook (The Book Blogger's Cookbook)
  • Cat Snips
  • Frog, Where Are You?
  • Green Wilma, Frog in Space
  • Valentine Mice!
  • Daughter of Deceit (Family Tree, #3)
  • Trail of Thread: A Woman's Westward Journey (Trail of Thread #1)
  • Death Threads (A Southern Sewing Circle, #2)
Fiona Mountain grew up in Sheffield and moved to London aged eighteen where she worked in the press office for Radio 1 for ten years, handling the PR for presenters including John Peel, Mark Radlcliffe and Steve Wright and traveling with the Radio 1 Summer Roadshow.

Her first novel, Isabella, tells the haunting love story of Bounty mutineer Fletcher Christian and his cousin, Isabella Curwen. It was
More about Fiona Mountain...

Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective (2 books)
  • Pale as the Dead (Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective, #1)