(7L) The Seven Levels of Communication

(7L) The Seven Levels of Communication

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  33 reviews
"How many of your clients would attend your funeral?"

One of the top real estate professionals in the country has written a book that details how he became "America's Most Referred Real Estate Professional". In (7L) The Seven Levels of Communication, Michael J. Maher tells the inspiring story of real estate agent Rick Masters who is suffering through a down market when he m

Published December 9th 2010 by Author Solutions (first published October 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about (7L) The Seven Levels of Communication, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about (7L) The Seven Levels of Communication

Michael J.
I wrote it. Best real estate book ever written for focusing on those you know and those they know. But, remember, I am biased. My bias is based on research though. I've read over 3000 books. But I didn't stop there. I learned, implemented, failed, and evaluated. Over and over again. Read, learn, implement, fail, evaluate. I threw out the B.S. (<-- technical term =0) and honed what worked. I earned over one million dollars in my third year of sales and continue to receive an avalanche of refer...more
Matt Evans
As far as business books go, this is a good one.

My notes from when I finished the book are, in total, these: "Rick and Michelle. Jay Michaels, the guru. Dial Don. The Coach." Rick's the protagonist, Michelle's his love-interest and butt kicker. Jay Michaels, the guru, knows everything about everything and always has the right answer, delivered, of course, in a series of false-humble "aw shucks, I'm just like you" homilies. But in truth, Jay is not like Michael or the other characters; Jay is a g...more
C. Spencer Reynolds
If you haven't read this book yet, you are missing out. Michael is a good friend of mine, so you may think that may tint my review and IT HAS! Because he is a great man, a wonderful father, loving husband AND excellent business mind and I know that personally from him.
This book needs to be required reading for real estate professionals and ought to be on the bookshelf of every leader. It is simple to the point and well written storyline that grabs you into the story and keeps you turning pages....more
Aaron
This book is a game changer for the Real Estate professional or really any sales professional looking to take their referral business to the next level. I've read it twice and continue to use it as a resource all the time. It was my #1 book in 2012 and will be in my top 3 this year as well even though it's a repeat. Do your business a favor and read it today! If I can finish it within a few days so can you. Easy to read, profound enough to refer back to consistently, and simple enough to impleme...more
Melinda
Easy read reminds us to reach out and touch someone, be generous, be grateful in a systematic, storybook format. As a Keller Williams real estate broker, nothing new, just re-affirming. Recommend for those who want a quick biz kick in the butt. My big aha: easy to go from 5 to 1 hard to go from 5 to 6 via email...email is informational and easy to misunderstand.
Rick Yvanovich
Nov 17, 2013 Rick Yvanovich rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone in sales / marketing / customer service
Absolutely brilliant book. A must read for sales, customer service and marketing, in fact anyone who is customer facing and wishes to grow referrals. Looking forward to applying some of these techniques ASAP. Also wondering whether there's a coach for this around here!
Jeff Wu
Super awesome - generosity generation - great way to live and work no matter what industry you are in - buy it - read it - and share it with someone you care about!
Amanda
Loved this book! Focusing on others and our relationships is what life is about, no matter what our career is. Easy, enjoyable read.
Ebony
I'm normally skeptical about books like this. I've never really understood how people could find motivation for their businesses or careers until now. This book told a story instead of giving you a list of steps and statistics. I found that, while enjoying the story and **SPOILER ALERT** hoping Rick would get the girl, I was learning how to effectively turn my relationships into referrals. I am so glad that I came across this book and will be applying some of the strategies mentioned. I recommen...more
Mark Lawry
Recommended to me in a class on Entrepreneurship at work. I would say it has several pages of valuable insights padded by another 100 pages of unnecessary story and hype. A good 5 to 10 page cheat sheet could be made from it. I’m not one for the Dave Ramsey style motivational talks before 1,000s of people in a huge coliseum setting, which is what this book feels like (depicts.) That being said, very valuable nuggets of ideas if one works in high end sales such as cars, houses, recruiting, etc.
Don Toth
Immersion, submission and overwhelming

Throughout this book I wanted to grab a legal pad and take notes, not the scribbled unreadable ones but ones I would put on 3x5 flash cards. I wanted to outline in a single line entry that I could read through over and over. even after I knew it well. Instead I read through continuously, allowed myself highlighting, convince if you could dogear an ebook I would be bending more pages than not.
Arthur Martiroso
Awesome book, has all the basics and essentials on how to get more referrals out of your business! Also very easy to read as the book is told in a story format, I would definitely recommend this book to all business people and sales people who would like to attract more referrals and live a successful life of balance! Check it out at www.7LBook.com
Rachelle Nichols
Great book! Immediate applicable take-aways! Highly recommend for anyone in a referral-based business!
Craig
This was a very easy read, in fact I found that I just sat down and finished it off one afternoon. Michael uses a story to make his points and I really think his points are very valuable, I only used that he created easy review of his points at the end of each chapter. Now when I'm wanting to implement something, I find it hard to pull it out of the over all story. His supporting website is lacking as well, I was hoping to find some good follow ups there, exercises, reference, something besides...more
Sheri Maher
This is THE book on referrals!! Must read!!
Nicole
A little cheesey of a story, but it helps get the point across.
Lori Caudill
Great immediately do-able relationship building tools for sales professionals. If you're not in real estate ignore the real estate references. This book contains info that anyone can use to improve referral rates.
Eric
A great book for anyone in the personal services business. I gleaned many things from the book that I believe will help me improve and grow my financial services practices. I think at times we make business too hard and this was a refreshing step back into simple things that should be done with your "community" (clients, prospects, and centers of influence).
Charles Coachman
This book is written for every business owner that works with clients and wants to keep building those relationships. Michael Maher has written a winner and shares so many ideas that this book will pay you back over and over again. 7L is my monthly reading through the end of 2013 and I plan to master the ideas of this excellent book! Thank you Michael!
Jeff
If I were a real estate agent, I would have given this a higher rating, I imagine. As I'm not, I still found the book valuable, pulling several practices I think I can apply to my own work from the story Michael tells. I'll be writing about it on my blog before the weeks ends. I also enjoyed the romantic subplot he worked throughout the book. :)
Blake Hanson
Simple doesn't mean easy. This book outlines simple business practices that you've heard in one way or another but delivers them in a fictional story to illustrate their power, especially when done together. It structures a way to come from contribution while succeeding in business, defining this practice as the Generosity Generation. Great story!
Antoinette Perez
Content would seem to work - would have preferred to read this in a sequential format to feel more convinced of value of the system.

Really heavy on jargon. Rapid-fire book lists thrown at the protagonist (and therefore us, the readers).
Steve
All sales persons - sales teams - sales managers in any type of business should read this book. If you are looking to find ways of creating business the systems, concepts and strategies are a must to obtain from this book!
Sue Marshall
Great book for anyone who provides a service and wants to do it with deeper level of meaning and wants to make a difference in the lives of people that they serve.
Josh Velazquez
Best articulation of how every salesperson should be governing themselves in the innovation/generosity age. The hard close and self-glamorization ages are over.
Emmanuel Gigante
amazing read if your in business a must ....incredibly addictive... bought it yesterday read it 3 time already. great how to guide with theory.
H. Gerald Grinter
I have always run my business by referral only. This book showed me how to really do it. I now have a deeper understanding of how to make it a life style.
Amy
great book, good ideas...but ideas mean nothing without implementing them! time to get busy!
Hillary Thirsk
Hands down the single best business book I have ever read!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
The Seven Levels of Communication: Go from relationships to referrals 7L: The Seven Levels of Communication: Go From Relationships to Referrals The Educational Philosophy Of The American Catholic Hierarchy In The 20th Century: An Analysis Of Vatican And American Official Statements Advances in Computer Science - Asian 2004, Higher Level Decision Making: 9th Asian Computing Science Conference. Dedicated to Jean-Louis Lassez on the Occasion of His 5th Cycle Birthday, Chiang Mai, Thailand, December 8-10, 2004 John Charles Thomas: Beloved Baritone of American Opera and Popular Music