Start by marking “Soft Target” as Want to Read:
Soft Target
Read Book* *Different edition

Soft Target (Soft Target #1)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Amazon Clicks Readers’ Book of the Month Winner; Conrad Jones, is nominated for a 'Gold Dagger' award 2014
Conrad Jones has done it again with his Alec Ramsay books. Crime thriller writing that will have you chewing your fingers as you read! ; Review
Number 1 International Crime Thriller
Soft Target No.6 Amazon bestseller lists
Soft Target II No.1 Thriller war
Sof
Published (first published January 5th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Soft Target, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soft Target

Neil Wright
The debut novel of Conrad Jones, a former restauranter of Manchester who got caught up in the I.R.A. bombings of 1996, which subsequently and somewhat admirably inspired Jones to write the Soft Target series. To turn a traumatic and harrowing experience as this into something productive, informative and creative is in itself a credit to Conrad Jones.

The setting is primarily in the north of England, Liverpool and Warrington hold centre stage for the novel, so living a few miles further down the m
Kirby
[ This is a self-published book that took off so quickly when it was published this year that a publisher bought the rights to the book within a few months of it's self-publishing.:] This is a book about an elite group of agents who track terrorists and neutralize them. At this point they are tracking one of the the most prolific and bold terrorists, Yasser Ahmed, first in the U.S. and then over to the U.K. As we watch we see how terrorists are made, why they plan to do what they do and how the ...more
Joe Stamber
I'm in almost total agreement with another reviewer, Neil Wright, who says that Soft Target has a good plot but that the writing leaves something to be desired. The narrative often feels laboured and some of the dialogue is unrealistic. However, I can't deny that the story is an exciting one that whips along and makes up for some of the shortcomings. Thrillers tend to skimp on character development, and Soft Target is no different, although Jones does give the reader a perspective from both side ...more
Matthew Andrus
After reading the reviews of this book on amazon I decided that I would give it a go mainly as the book is set near where I live so if anything I can relate to the locations in the book.

I have to say apart from some of the editing in the latter part of the book this isn't a bad book at all.

The story is actually well though of and gripping enough to keep you reading on
Jack
Well plotted post 7/7 terrorist thriller, with reference to many real events. Some of the explanatory bits were a little over the top (but may have been useful to a non-British reader). There were a few spelling errors, and the punctuation indicates the writer had a previous career as a greengrocer.
Shannon
This sounds like a thrilling book full of suspense. Should be very interesting and a great read. I'm really looking forward to reading this book. I love that it is part of a series so the story can continue and characters can be more involved!
Kimberly Fradale
I felt it had gratuitous violence and little to no redeeming message. The characters were shallow and the numerous grammatical errors were distracting.
Debbie
Harsh, gasp out loud story! Not what I would have thought I would have liked but I could not put this one down! Excellent.
David
Pleasantly surprised as it was a cheap buy for Kindle. Will read at least the next one.
Laura Sullivan
FANTASTIC.. Conrad Jones did excellent research and created a great story..
Lulu
Jul 19, 2011 Lulu marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I am really looking forward to reading Conrad's books.
Darren Keighley
Very good book, quite detailed and good plot.
Karla
Karla added it
May 10, 2015
Teresa Nikolic
Teresa Nikolic marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Richard
Richard is currently reading it
May 07, 2015
Rach
Rach marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Noelle
Noelle marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Sue B
Sue B marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Dave Clevenger
Dave Clevenger marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
KH
KH added it
Mar 27, 2015
Laura Protheroe
Laura Protheroe marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
  • Sudden Death
  • Lost at the Con
  • Freedom Incorporated
  • In the Beginning (Age of the Zombies, #1)
  • Killing Faith (Gabriel de Sade, #1)
  • Silent Screams
  • True Hero?
  • The Eyewitness
  • Altered
  • The Kremlin Device (Geordie Sharp, #3)
  • One Fine Potion: The Literary Magic of Harry Potter
  • Annexed (The Refuge Trilogy, #1)
  • In The Neon
  • Jumble Tales
  • Haven (The Fall of Haven #1)
  • Travel to Tomorrow (Fifties Chix, #1)
  • The Curse of Senmut (Ardis Cole, #1)
  • Anywhere but Here
Conrad Jones is a best selling thriller writer with three thriller series published.

The Soft Target Series 6 books

The Detective Alec Ramsay Series 6 books

The Hunting Angels Diaries (horror) 3 books.

11 of his books are available in audio and his novels have been translated into six languages.

He is always keen to talk to readers and writers alike, jonesconrad5@aol.com

Face Book Conrad Jones Author
Tw
More about Conrad Jones...

Soft Target (6 books)
  • Soft Target II: Tank
  • SOFT TARGET III Jerusalem (Soft Target)
  • The Child Taker (Soft Target )
  • Blister (Soft Target)
  • The 18th Brigade (Soft Target)
The Child Taker is Criminally Insane Box Set (Detective Alec Ramsay Series) The Child Taker (Soft Target ) Slow Burn SOFT TARGET III Jerusalem (Soft Target) Soft Target II: Tank