Start by marking “The Child Taker (Soft Target )” as Want to Read:
The Child Taker (Soft Target )
Read Book* *Different edition

The Child Taker (Soft Target)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  221 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Amazon Clicks Readers’ Book of the Month Winner; Conrad Jones, is nominated for a 'Gold Dagger' award 2014
Conrad Jones has done it again with his Alec Ramsay books. Crime thriller writing that will have you chewing your fingers as you read! ; Review
Number 1 International Crime Thriller
Soft Target No.6 Amazon bestseller lists
Soft Target II No.1 Thriller war
Sof
Published October 10th 2012 by Thames River Press (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Child Taker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Child Taker

Midnight
This gripping thriller starts with a family camping holiday in the Lake District. Things go horribly wrong when the young twins are abducted. Then we flip over to Somalia to read about a Special Forces mission.

The two storylines are deftly combined as Major Stanley Timms and John ‘Tank’ Tankersley from the Special Forces unit become involved in the hunt for the missing twins back in the UK. I don’t want to go into further detail as it will spoil the story for other readers - I’ll just say it’s v
Nospin

Child Taker is a British action thriller focusing on the efforts of a grandfather and his pals to recover his kidnapped grandchildren. Five year old fraternal twins Sarah and Zak are abducted from their tent while on a family camping trip. Their mother, Hayley, is understandably distraught and welcomes her father's help in trying to find the children. The Major, a counter terrorism agent, and his elite team pull out all the stops in their search for Sarah and Zak.

When I began listening to and re
Ila
The Child Taker (Soft Target ) by Conrad Jones My review refers to English language Kindle Edition: I loved this book despite the subject matter which might be off-putting to some. I worked 15 years in Law Enforcement and a lot of my time was spent helping on cases like the one in this book. Despite the frightening subject matter this is a wonderfully written book that I devoured. Lot of plot twists, an ending that was unexpected, & that left me wanting more (and I found out just prior to posting this that there is). At times while rea ...more
Victoria Schwimley
I don’t often give a book five stars, but I couldn’t give anything less in this gripping, thrilling novel. Conrad Jones weaves a tale so sinister and attention grabbing that it chills me to the bone.
The Child Taker is John, who, as the name implies, takes children to sale them. He’s messed with the wrong crowd, however, when double crosses a ruthless pedophile ring Lord and also when he takes the grandchildren of a powerful military officer.
The story has plenty of villains with a competent sta
Nicky Bailey
Gripped by this book, and couldnt put it down at times.
Slightly disapointed as the finale seemed to come to an abrupt stop. As if an after thought.
Would definalty try another book by this author.
Would award this book 3.5 stars, slightly let down by ending, or would be 4 star.
Darren Keighley
Quite a difficult book to read with the nature of it, but a very good story non the less.
Very disappointed with the abrupt end, makes you feel that a part has been left out.
Charlotte
It took a few chapters to get into but then I couldn't put it down. However I wasn't to keen on the last few lines.
Melanie
excellent book bit slow first few chapters but then had me hooked couldnt put it down
Theresa
Crime thriller, sensitive issues that will bother some, but a good read.
Elizabeth Edgar
excellent book, first Conrad Jones book I've read, highly recommend
Black Butterfly
Jul 28, 2015 Black Butterfly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
WHEN I FIRST STARTED READING THIS IT SEEMED LIKE TWO SEPARATE STORIES, I WONDERED HOW ARE THEY GONNA CONNECT, WTF IS THIS? WELLLLL, I READ ON AND THINGS STARTED TO GET TOGETHER, I MEAN SH*T REALLY GOT WILD. THE STORY-LINE WAS LIKE GETTING ON A ROLLER COASTER OF FEAR, CHILLS, THRILLS AND LOTS OF BLOOD SPILLED. WHEW! THIS WOULD MAKE A GREAT ACTION MOVIE AND IT’S NOT FOR THE FAINT AT HEART, VERY DISTURBING AT TIMES. THE SUBJECT OF PEDIPHILES AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING IS SCARY –AS-H*LL THANKS TO OUR EVE ...more
Lisa
** Copy of my review on Amazon **
I have to be honest, I had never heard of Conrad Jones (Sorry Mr Jones), and really only bought the book as it was a bargain on the Kindle and I'm open to reading any thrillers from any authors.
Initially I couldn't work out where the book was going as in the first 4 chapters, two were dealing with a child taker and the other two were dealing with a secret ops unit in somalia. When it became apparant where the book was going I was enthralled and couldn't put it d
Bob
i debated whether or not this was worthy of even 2 stars. i gave it that many because the writing and plot weren't half bad. so what WAS my objection to this book? it was one of the most senselessly violent books i've ever read. now i'm no prude when it comes to violence. but this was simply too far over the top even for me. when a bullet hits someone in this book, it doesn't just enter and exit. not ever. when a bullet hits in this book, it shatters bone, tears off jawbones, disembowels the vic ...more
Wanda Hartzenberg
I am torn regarding my star rating. The book will not appeal to all. It is graphic, the human trafficking very real. The basic degenerative psychology explored and explained but not made into an excusable offense. However the graphic violence is very graphic.
Still. This book is good. And I would far easier up my rating than lower it. So. Try it.
Ann
When I first started reading this book I got confused after reading a few chapters . It soon explained itself as I read further .A exciting book with lots of action and gory descriptive shootings. I myself as I continued to read the book I sort of forgot someone in all the commotion.
So it was a surprise to me at the ending .Oh no.
Vanessa
This book dealt with a difficult subject, but was very well written. It had great characters and was fast paced. Although it says Alec Ramsey book 1, he didnt feature in much of the story, but the story was still very good. I would recommend this book and would read others by Conrad Jones
Pat
I couldn't put this book down but because of the content, it was disturbing. Five year old twins were taken from a family camping trip and this book takes you through the search to get them back safely. It's a page turner.
Ozetta Goodwin
Good mystery

I enjoyed this book, and the plot was a little different than usual. The characters were good and likable. I intent to read the next book in the series soon.
chelepissbcglobal.net
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS.

A truly great story with a great cast of characters. This was a book that made you stop and think. Put this book on your must read list.
This is the first of this authors books I've read and it certainly won't be the last. Fast paced and gripping, couldn't put it down.
Julie Wright
I couldn't put this book down although due to the subject matter it was sometimes uncomfortable to read.
Rach
OMG! OMG! OMG! brilliance at its best, couldn't put it.....actually I didn't want to!!!!
Beth Tidman
For the first few chapters this was like reading 2 different books. It kept switching back and forth between the campground where 5 year old twins were taken and a Somalian war zone. Then it all came together.
This was a very good book about a horrible subject.
Ray Fisher
Exciting, intriguing, dramatic, action-packed. Great book.
Charlotte Julie
Lexi Muhlenbeck
This book was a page turner BUT some parts of the book made my stomach turn. I've learned that I'm not into books that deal with pedophiles and definitely not into books that go into detail about pedophiles thoughts and such. Ugh!
On a side note, the books ending is a twist ending. Not how I thought it would end at all. Great book if you can stomach the gory details.
C
The Child Taker was a suspenseful mystery. I really enjoyed the plot but could have used without the pedophile content which added a more disturbing element to it. I had a little trouble getting into it at first but couldn’t put it down as I read further. Overall an interesting read and may one day read the next book in the series.
Karri
ended abruptly left me wanting more. the story line is good, creepy but good
Mary
This is a gripping, and often disturbing police action thriller. The characters were rounded out pretty well. My biggest complaint is the ending is very rushed and abrupt.
  • Donor (Dr Steven Dunbar, #1)
  • The Curiosity Cabinet
  • Crime in the Community (Pitkirtly Mysteries #1)
  • Cold Kill (DC Laura McGanity, #5)
  • Dead End
  • Taken for Dead (Katie Maguire #4)
  • The Crew
  • The White Angel Murder
  • Panic Button
  • Flings and Arrows
  • Catch Your Death
  • Blood Guilt (Steel City #1)
  • Compromised
  • Playing The Game
  • Sugar & Spice
  • Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files #1)
  • The Mamacita Murders
  • Shattered (Donna Harp, #1)
Conrad Jones is a best selling thriller writer with three thriller series published.

The Soft Target Series 6 books

The Detective Alec Ramsay Series 6 books

The Hunting Angels Diaries (horror) 3 books.

11 of his books are available in audio and his novels have been translated into six languages.

He is always keen to talk to readers and writers alike, jonesconrad5@aol.com

Face Book Conrad Jones Author
Tw
More about Conrad Jones...

Soft Target (6 books)
  • Soft Target (Soft Target Trilogy)
  • Soft Target II: Tank
  • SOFT TARGET III Jerusalem (Soft Target)
  • Blister (Soft Target)
  • The 18th Brigade (Soft Target)
The Child Taker is Criminally Insane Box Set (Detective Alec Ramsay Series) Soft Target (Soft Target Trilogy) Slow Burn SOFT TARGET III Jerusalem (Soft Target) Soft Target II: Tank