The Child Taker (Soft Target )
read book* *Different edition

The Child Taker (Soft Target)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  145 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Amazon Clicks Readers’ Book of the Month Winner; Conrad Jones, is nominated for a 'Gold Dagger' award 2014
Conrad Jones has done it again with his Alec Ramsay books. Crime thriller writing that will have you chewing your fingers as you read! ; Review
Number 1 International Crime Thriller
Soft Target No.6 Amazon bestseller lists
Soft Target II No.1 Thriller war
Sof...more
Published October 10th 2012 by Thames River Press (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Child Taker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Child Taker

Midnight
This gripping thriller starts with a family camping holiday in the Lake District. Things go horribly wrong when the young twins are abducted. Then we flip over to Somalia to read about a Special Forces mission.

The two storylines are deftly combined as Major Stanley Timms and John ‘Tank’ Tankersley from the Special Forces unit become involved in the hunt for the missing twins back in the UK. I don’t want to go into further detail as it will spoil the story for other readers - I’ll just say it’s v...more
Nicky Bailey
Gripped by this book, and couldnt put it down at times.
Slightly disapointed as the finale seemed to come to an abrupt stop. As if an after thought.
Would definalty try another book by this author.
Would award this book 3.5 stars, slightly let down by ending, or would be 4 star.
Darren Keighley
Quite a difficult book to read with the nature of it, but a very good story non the less.
Very disappointed with the abrupt end, makes you feel that a part has been left out.
Charlotte
It took a few chapters to get into but then I couldn't put it down. However I wasn't to keen on the last few lines.
Melanie
excellent book bit slow first few chapters but then had me hooked couldnt put it down
Theresa
Crime thriller, sensitive issues that will bother some, but a good read.
Elizabeth Edgar
excellent book, first Conrad Jones book I've read, highly recommend
Lisa
** Copy of my review on Amazon **
I have to be honest, I had never heard of Conrad Jones (Sorry Mr Jones), and really only bought the book as it was a bargain on the Kindle and I'm open to reading any thrillers from any authors.
Initially I couldn't work out where the book was going as in the first 4 chapters, two were dealing with a child taker and the other two were dealing with a secret ops unit in somalia. When it became apparant where the book was going I was enthralled and couldn't put it d...more
Bob
i debated whether or not this was worthy of even 2 stars. i gave it that many because the writing and plot weren't half bad. so what WAS my objection to this book? it was one of the most senselessly violent books i've ever read. now i'm no prude when it comes to violence. but this was simply too far over the top even for me. when a bullet hits someone in this book, it doesn't just enter and exit. not ever. when a bullet hits in this book, it shatters bone, tears off jawbones, disembowels the vic...more
Pat
I couldn't put this book down but because of the content, it was disturbing. Five year old twins were taken from a family camping trip and this book takes you through the search to get them back safely. It's a page turner.
Julie Wright
I couldn't put this book down although due to the subject matter it was sometimes uncomfortable to read.
Ray Fisher
Exciting, intriguing, dramatic, action-packed. Great book.
Charlotte Julie
Lexi Muhlenbeck
This book was a page turner BUT some parts of the book made my stomach turn. I've learned that I'm not into books that deal with pedophiles and definitely not into books that go into detail about pedophiles thoughts and such. Ugh!
On a side note, the books ending is a twist ending. Not how I thought it would end at all. Great book if you can stomach the gory details.
C
The Child Taker was a suspenseful mystery. I really enjoyed the plot but could have used without the pedophile content which added a more disturbing element to it. I had a little trouble getting into it at first but couldn’t put it down as I read further. Overall an interesting read and may one day read the next book in the series.
Karri
ended abruptly left me wanting more. the story line is good, creepy but good
Mary
This is a gripping, and often disturbing police action thriller. The characters were rounded out pretty well. My biggest complaint is the ending is very rushed and abrupt.
Sharon
I really did enjoy this book, even though it was an easy pick up, put down book.

Still, well worth reading!
Francine Edry
I have read all of Conrad Jones books. I enjoyed this one the most.

Please write so e more Mr Jones!
Aj
started reading it but felt uncomfortable with the content so stopped.
Sue Few
yet another book in the Soft Target series and it doesn't disappoint.
Jack
Crime thriller with plenty of action.
Brenda
Let's just say I finished it.
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Gill
Gill marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Xerces
Xerces marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Conrad Jones is a best selling thriller writer with eight thrillers, a vamp horror, two bigraphies and a teen-thriller series.
More about Conrad Jones...
The Child Taker is Criminally Insane Box Set (Detective Alec Ramsay Series) Soft Target (Soft Target Trilogy) Slow Burn SOFT TARGET III Jerusalem (Soft Target) Soft Target II: Tank