Start by marking “Getting Gabriel” as Want to Read:
Getting Gabriel

Getting Gabriel

Romantic comedy. When his childhood friend Alice barges into his bedroom in the middle of the night, in tears over men in general, Gabriel isn't sure what to think. When she confides in him her plan to "multi-date" -- to date as many men as womanly possible, in an effort to find that one gold nugget, he is determined to save Alice from herself. But through self-defense ...more
Published December 9th 2010

To ask other readers questions about Getting Gabriel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Gabriel

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollAlice in Wonderland by Lewis CarrollStill Alice by Lisa GenovaAlice Adams by Booth TarkingtonPrincess Alice by Carol Felsenthal
"Alice"
93rd out of 112 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 09/12/2010
Author: Cathy Quinn
Recommended for: fans of chick lit

I found this short novella on the Kindle Store for free and so I thought that I would give it a try. I thought that this was a rather sweet story with friends becoming lovers, it was a little bit predictable in certain areas and the tempo of the book didn't keep the same throughout it, it did have dull/boring moments. I dont think it would have worked as a full length novel as I feel there would be quite alot of dull momen
Trisha
Nov 20, 2015 Trisha rated it did not like it
Maybe just not my cup of....book.
I didn't find Gabriel endearing or sweet or cute. And I found Alice to be completely horrific - every comment she made she "whined" .....her first intro of her on a crying jag and completely losing herself and shoving herself on Gabriel did not win any points for her right from the get go.

I didn't find their exchanged to be particularly sweet either. For most of the book, their little "quips" really do come off as snarky crappy comments and were awful to read thr
Clarke
2.5 stars. Cute story but characters were a bit annoying and shallow (felt like a short story). If you're looking for a quick funny read with neurotic characters this book is for you.
MetLineReader
May 28, 2012 MetLineReader rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012
Atrocious.
Lily
When his childhood friend Alice barges into his bedroom in the middle of the night, in tears over men in general, Gabriel isn't sure what to think. When she confides in him her plan to "multi-date" -- to date as many men as womanly possible, in an effort to find that one gold nugget, he is determined to save Alice from herself. But through self-defense classes, stun-gun adventures and several disastrous dates, the two just might be falling in love...

Alice - bit too hyper, came across as a 10 yea
Karen Scott
Mar 12, 2012 Karen Scott rated it really liked it
What a fun friends-to-lovers story.

Alice and Gabriel have been friends for years, and one night when Alice's romantic entanglement ends in disaster (AGAIN), she ends up in Gabriel's house, in Gabriel's bedroom at stupid o'clock, lamenting the state of her love life.

Gabriel's used to Alice bending his ear about what sluts men are, but he could really do with a coffee. Especially if Alice is about to cry. Gabriel really hates seeing women cry, and Alice is a regular walking sob-fest.

Alice has ha
Jo Notary
Feb 15, 2016 Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Shelves: shelfari-humor
125p The vicious snarl turned a pleasant dream into something he thought might be a nightmare, but the accompanying slam of his bedroom door shot through his slumber and jerked him awake. He bolted upright, peering through the darkness at the intruder.
Maybe it was one of those dreams where you thought you were awake, until something too terrible even for reality in the modern-day world happened?
He braced himself for the worst.
Then the light flipped on and he squeezed his eyes shut against the s
Goddess Of Blah
Feb 12, 2015 Goddess Of Blah rated it did not like it
EURGH. TRIES TOO HARD TO BE FUNNY. BUT IT'S JUST STUPID AND DULL.

DUMB. DUMB. DUMB. SO DUMB IT HURTS.
description
JUST SHUT UP. YOU'RE STUPID.
description
NO MORE PLEASE! YOU DUMB.

***SNORE**** BORING *****
description
snore - way better books out there - don't waste your time
Chanpreet
Jul 25, 2013 Chanpreet rated it really liked it
There were a lot of editing errors and the plot could do with a little bit more development. The formatting was a nightmare too. Yet, I still really enjoyed the story. I smiled a lot and there may have even been a laugh or two out loud, which is why I rounded up from 3.5 to 4 stars. The book also needs to be brought up to date. There was mention of a VCR.

Now I've never read anything by Cari Quinn before, but I think she has a lot of potential as a writer. I do hope she keeps writing and I look
Adriana
Feb 15, 2016 Adriana rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
I found myself having tears in my eyes from laughing! Such a lovely story, easy to read and with lots of coffee:)
If I would complain about something, then it would be the long ending, ok, I get the part with telling her brother(that was a funny moment), but the whole "mrrr me" and so on..oh well ;) but still it was lovely!
Gabriel and Alice are really cute and funny, and I loved her 21th Century attitude and that she was trying to ..well..get Gabriel.
Renee J.
Jun 28, 2013 Renee J. rated it it was ok
Story line was good, the execution not so good. I kept having to remind myself that these two weren't teenagers, that in fact they were adults. and sometimes I was confused as to whose POV I was reading. no sex scenes :(
Danielle Calabrese
Mar 19, 2012 Danielle Calabrese rated it really liked it
I don't know if it was because this was free, but I thought this book was adorable. Gabriel and Alice were so cute together. It was nice to see a women go after the guys she knows is right for her!
Tiffany
Jun 10, 2012 Tiffany rated it liked it
I kind of liked this book. It was a good quick read on a summer afternoon. The characters where predictably cookie cutter but I was ok with that.
J
i can't stop laughing, alice was witty and she never gave up. one thing i like ahout the story was alice's height, half an inch matters, it matters to me. we're the same height :-D

Marina
Marina rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Linda Quinn
Linda Quinn rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Lia
Lia rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2012
Lori Johnson
Lori Johnson rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Nov 05, 2016
Rowena
Rowena rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Jayla
Jayla rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2013
Judy
Judy rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2014
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2014
Johanna
Johanna rated it liked it
May 12, 2013
Dantel
Dantel rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Karen Whittard
Karen Whittard rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Jen_C
Jen_C rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2015
DKristin
DKristin rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Healing His Heart
  • Captured by You (One Night of Passion #1.6)
  • Annabelle Lee (Summersville Secrets, #1)
  • Almost a Bride
  • Bound To You (One Night of Passion #1.5)
  • Twinsequences (Twisted Twin, #1)
  • Adversaries and Lovers
  • Bet On Love
  • L.A. Caveman
  • Girl Of My Dreams
  • Betting Hearts (Rancho Del Cielo, #1)
  • Romancing Snow White: A Prince Charmaine Story
  • Hot Property (Kingston Brothers, #2)
  • The One Who Got Away
  • Donovan's Angel (Donovan's of the Delta #1)
  • Just A Step Away