Love Will Find a Way
read ebook* *Different edition

Love Will Find a Way

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  2,242 ratings  ·  127 reviews
Sometimes forbidden fruit is the sweetest of all...

She was untouchable...his business partner's wife. Beautiful Rachel Tanner was everything that Dylan Prescott longed for in a woman -- all lush curves and unconscious sensuality. But he had too much honor to even think about tempting her away from the man she loved...

Dylan has always known he should stay far away from this...more
Published March 1st 2002 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about Love Will Find a Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Will Find a Way

Sharon
I was surprised to see so many negative comments on this book. I actually liked it and I really felt for Dylan and Rachel and understood their circumstances. However, the legend of the apple seems too much of a fairy tale and that would be one thing that probably put me off a little. The other thing I noticed was that there were a few grammatical mistakes. I am not sure if this is because it is from the kindle version, however, I believe whether kindle or reading the book, the contents should be...more
Tia
Dylan has always loved Rachel, even when he was Gary's wife. Gary was his best friend, they grew up together, ran a company together, even fell in love with the same woman together. Until one faithful day where Gary died. The insurance company wouldn't pay up, they said it was suicide. Even worse, Rachel found evidence that her deceased husband could be cheating on her. When she asked Dylan for help because she has no where to turn to, they begin an adventure, venturing into Gary's past and thei...more
Donna
This was a huge disappointment. There were many things that I didn't like about this book, leading with the fact that I didn't like most of the primary characters, including Rachel. Most everyone was selfish and deceitful. I did feel like I "got" the point of the story, but just didn't enjoy reading about it. Much of the conflict was over-wrought and not credible to me. What was wrong with these people??? Didn't ANYBODY communicate???? I never believed that Gary was cheating on Rachel and resent...more
Beth Peninger
A predictable read. Boy and girl like each other, boy and girl can't be together for whatever reason, boy and girl find way back to each other. The only unpredictable part of the book was that normally boy and girl get together and some major secret is shared and there's a big fight/conflict and they separate for author-determined amount of time before they can't stand to be apart any longer. That part didn't happen in this book which was kind of nice.
In this predictable read Dylan and Rachel a...more
Heather Pulley
Well it was a fast read. Took WAY too long going over and over the same emotions without much progress. Kind of anti-climactic. I guessed the "secret", so it wasn't overly original. I didn't really connect with any of the characters. They seemed like caricatures of real people - everything was exaggerated.
Elaine Mcdonald
I stayed up very late reading this book. I agree that it wasn't hard to figure out Gary's secret, but it was a sweet book. It was hard for me to put it down. Figuring out Gary's secret did not detract from the book. Perhaps the author wanted the reader to know the secret.
Sherry Sweeney
I found this book on the Amazon Free Kindle list.... being free you never know, but this was a real surprise.... good story line, a couple of twists you didnt really see coming, nice way the story came around to the ending.....

Would recommend this as a read.

Michelle
Loved It! The first night reading I stayed up until 4am. I could not put this book down. I read it so fast that I may decide to go back and read it again. Great story.
Laura Walden
Good! Didn't see the ending coming
Kolleen
Love Will Find a Way is a story about Rachel. When her husband dies in a suspicious car accident, she turns to his best friend Dylan to try and solve the mystery. Add in Twist #1, Dylan and Rachel had a secret fling right before her wedding and have had feelings for each other ever since.

While I did enjoy the book, I was a bit confused with all the different things going on. Is this a love story? Suspense? Magic? I mean we go from serious deaths, suicides, infidelity, and illegitimate children t...more
Carol
"Could she risk losing her safety net for the opportunity, the love of a life time."

This book is about facing fears. And secrets, and how to two enter trine with each other. We all have secrets that we keep from the ones that are dear to us for fear of loosing them. Fear of their judgement. And, or we're just to embarrassed to have those secrets out for everyone to see. When the one with the most secrets dies, he leaves a wife and a best friend to find the complete truth.

Turns out the truth isn...more
Madeline Sloane
Secrets are the essence of this book by Barbara Freethy. Can you keep a secret from a loved one? Do we really want to know the truth if it hurt? Rachel loved Gary's openness and genuine happiness and it wasn't until he died that she learned he kept many secrets. How could someone who seemed so honest be deceptive?
Rachel enlists the help of Gary's best friend, Dylan, to uncover Gary's last days but in doing so, reveals her own secret -- a dark desire for Dylan she'd kept banked since her wedding...more
Lillie
The legend of the magic apples seemed to be an unnecessary contrivance. I'm not usually a huge fan of romances between couples who have been resisting their attraction for years. This one worked better than most for me, although I wondered why Dylan would care so much for Rachel, as she wasn't very likable at the beginning of the book.
Peggy
Wonderful book from start to finish.
Darlyn has loved rachail for many years butshe married his best friend had a child by him. But now she needs his help.
He agrees to help her in meany ways yes she finaley falls in love with him but she figures she has been in love with him to but mever realisef it.
Thos was a great book with laughter and a few tears through in an 8 year old and it is greate.
If you have never read a barbra freeth book you owe it yourself to read just one then you will want...more
Lynn Smith
I enjoyed this read. Dylan had been in love with Rachel, but she married his best friend Gary. Six months after Gary's death the insurance company doesn't want to pay up. Rachel asks for Dylan's help as they dig in to Gary's past they start discovering secrets.
Johanna
I didn't know what to expect when I started this book. The beginning for me dragged on a little and I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep reading it.

I'm glad I did.
Gary, Dylan, and Rachel meet while they where still young. Rachel gives Gary one of her "magic" apples. Rachel and Gary marry. 9 yrs later after Gary's death is when secrets start to come out.
Dylan (Gary's best friend) offers to help Rachel discover the truth. Only something keeps pulling them together.

I was frustrated at times with Rac...more
Birgit
Lovely

Lovely

a lovely story with some surprising little twists and turns.enjoyed every minute of reading it. will definitely read more by this author
Princess
Cute sweet story with a little magical twist. The secrets revealed were unexpected but kept me reading because I wanted to know what the secret was. Enjoyable read.
Nicole
Probably more like 2.5 stars. Not my favorite book of hers. Some parts were great and others not so much.
Carol
This was my first Barbara Freethy book but it won't be the last. Kept me turning the pages wanting to know how it ended.
Kaye Dewar
Too far fetched a luxury bolt hole in Italy?
Kristina Brownell
I bought this on my nook because it was cheap and didn't check out reviews first. Cheezy title...I should have known it was NOT a clean romance....although, not nearly as bad as some that I read as a teenager! I won't recommend it (even if it is on the low end of sleezy! hahah) I did read the whole thing. AND it was kinda fun (should I admit that?). I would compare it to Nicholas Sparks, who I stay away from unless my sister tells me it's clean. I'll just plead ignorance in this case. I'll be mo...more
Mary Martin
Light, easy, predictable read.
Jamie Scott
Rachel has just lost her husband and wants to know the truth behind his death. So, she goes to see her husband's best friend, Dylan, who actually used to be her friend until one kiss that happened the night before her wedding. This is not just a story about finding the truth about Gary's death but also about finding the truth of themselves.

A really great story - all of the characters felt as if they were real people. Even with all of the secrets that were being kept, nothing was ever contrived.

D...more
Agnes (BeaderBubbe)
Freethy did it again. Another great book with suspense and love mixed into it. Secrets are a part of our lives everyday....and there are plenty in the lives of Gary, Dylan, Rachel and Carly.....one of the secrets - Aunt Elaine's tree of apples - plays an important role. Gary who is married to Rachel dies in an accident - or was it an accident - the insurance company wants to call it a suicide. But both Rachel and Dylan venture to uncover the truth along with the many secrets hidden....but love f...more
Gina
Not my favorite work, but still a great story. I had some issues with the idea that, even with all the secrecy, Gary was too "perfect" in memory. I also lost patience with the subplot involving the sister and her chasing one man while another keeps telling her he's her true soulmate. That story arc grows stale after a few books. Still, it kept me riveted, and I did like the small town feel and the legend of the special apples. I even gasped when I got to the point where the apple-eater was revea...more
Christine
I love that Freethy sets her books in the Bay Area, which makes them feel real to me and remind me of growing up there. While this is a typical romance in one way, the legend of the heroine's Sebastopol apple farmer's apple tree is a wonderful touch, and adds a lot of sense/ drie to the plot.

(I still think there's no way it's a 2 hour drive from Sebastopol to San
Francisco, even in rush hour, but it's been awhile since I've been in Marin...)
Faye
Many of the characters have secrets. Many of the characters have lost a loved one. There is also a bit of deception. Oh, yes, then there is the legend of the magic apple. That was such a "sappy" off putting part of the story. There were parts of the book i totally enjoyed, but there were parts of the book where i was tempted to discard the book and read something else.
Three stars is stretching some of the story.
Lori
This is a great easy read romance novel. I enjoyed every minute of it and it wasn't too smutty if you will. Just had a lot of the romance, which I loved. This is why I like romance novels every once in awhile, they take you away to the world where even if something bad happens, in the end there's a love story to be told. I especially love a romance novel whose "roots" run as deep as Lady Elaine's.
The Free Book Cha...: Love Will Find a Way, by Barbara Freethy 2 6 Dec 02, 2012 08:12PM
  • Love is all around (Looking for Love #1)
  • Heartfire
  • Oceans Between Us (A Cinderella Romance)
  • At Last
  • I Think I Love You
  • Double Trouble (The Coxwells, #2)
  • Playing for Keeps (Pillow Talk, #3)
  • Safe Harbor
  • Hale's Point
  • The Guestbook (Madrona Island, #1)
  • Back To U
  • Jailbird
  • A Little Bit of Déjà Vu (Return to Redemption, #1)
  • Missing Pieces of My Forever-Heart
  • Her Best Catch
  • Your Gift to Me
  • Mending Fences
  • Sleeping In The Middle (Comfort Club)
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara has since published 35 nov...more
More about Barbara Freethy...
Just the Way You Are Don't Say a Word Ryan's Return All She Ever Wanted Silent Run (Silent, #1)