Start by marking “Beautiful Brain, Beautiful You: Look Radiant from the Inside Out by Empowering Your Mind” as Want to Read:

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Unlock the adult brain's surprising potential--and look radiant from the inside out!

Have you lost your healthy glow and that sparkle in your eyes? Is it becoming harder to recall names, faces, and where you left your keys? Has your life become routine? Are you so overwhelmed by work, family, finances (or all three) that you feel exhausted at the end of every day? If you an
Published December 28th 2010 by Hyperion (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Brain, Beautiful You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Brain, Beautiful You

Diane
I actually learned many things from this book that I found useful, the most important one being "Indulge in the New". Dr. Pasinski says that opening yourself up to new experiences, even such simple things as taking a different route to work, going to museum on your lunch hour, or signing up for the Daily Word email where a new word is emailed to you everyday (Katie Couric does this), can help your brain make new connections and keep you younger and healthier. I moved from a small town to big cit ...more
Farhana Faruq
WOW at the brain!! A fascinating topic! This book explains the brains impact on beauty. It's got a mixture or very basic things like how important sleep is and then adds to that by teaching you about your circadian rhythm and how to reset it.

Very well written. Sections are short and concise. Information is easy to follow, with examples of past patients, and information you can start implementing right away.

The ONLY thing I didn't like in this book, was the reference to the BMI system (body mass
Relyn
Sep 02, 2012 Relyn rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women
Recommended to Relyn by: spotted on my library's website
This was a cool book. As a teacher, I am endlessly fascinated by the brain and how our knowledge of its workings can impact our teaching. I love knowing more and more about the power of our brains. This book was an intriguing look at the brain's impact on beauty. I found that it got a little dull in spots and the quality of the paper was off-putting. Even so, this was an interesting read.
Gloria
Simplistic advice at best: eat well, exercise, read, dress well, etc. to keep your brain healthy which then should translate into a glowing version of yourself. While Pasinski has impressive Harvard credentials, this was written actually by someone else, and it comes across as a bit disjointed. Not terrible, but has limited value.
Jamie
Loved it! Very uplifting & informational :) I would recommend it to everyone of my girlfriends! Simple yet effective approach to positive thinking on every aspect of life and how much of a difference it really does make... with the scientific backing to prove it.
Kristyn
Kristyn marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Kaajal Nadan
Kaajal Nadan marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Gotkuksool
Gotkuksool marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Eureeka Shakya
Eureeka Shakya marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Jeanine Joy
Jeanine Joy marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Annemarie
Annemarie marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Minhtuan Le
Minhtuan Le marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Maryn
Maryn marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Emma Hoffert
Emma Hoffert marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Lena
Lena is currently reading it
Jan 28, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Bessie Mae
Bessie Mae marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Nahyun Ju
Nahyun Ju marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2013
Brenda Johnson
Brenda Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
Crete
Crete added it
Feb 17, 2013
Crete
Crete is currently reading it
Jan 18, 2013
Sandy Swain
Sandy Swain marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
T. Whit
T. Whit is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2012
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2012
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Boost Your Brain Power!: You Can Improve and Energize Your Brain at Any Age