Start by marking “Mission: Make-Over” as Want to Read:
Mission: Make-Over

Mission: Make-Over

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  334 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Wealthy, self-assured Jake Carlisle, born with the kind of looks that drive women wild, usually succeeded at everything he did. But now he'd taken on a real challenge, transforming scruffy tomboy Lucianna Stewart into a temptress!So he taught her to dress, to flirt, to kiss...and Lucianna was learning fast. Perhaps too fast for Jake's liking. Because beneath her baggy clot ...more
Published February 1st 2001 by Harlequin Presents (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Mission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mission

Grace Harwood
This one was marked as the most popular Penny Jordan romance on Goodreads, when I checked some time ago, so I was really excited about reading it. Well, I can only say, what a disappointment. This has got to be the worst Jordan offering I have ever read (and look back at my profile – I’ve read a lot).

So the (awful) premise is this: Lucianna (“Luce”/“Luc” – depending on who is speaking to her) is a bit of a tomboy after being raised by her father and brothers. She’s also an incredibly gifted car
If you love Cinderella stories and a hero who is deeply, crazy, hopelessly in love with a blind in denial heroine who thinks she is in love with another man you will love this book. Very passionate and romantic read!
I really enjoyed this one. It was very fun and just the right amount fire. My only complaint is why does the woman always have to be irrationally prickly? Other than that it was a fun romp for any romance reader.
Lady Aeval
I loved this book. I am sucker for Cinderella stories and this was a great one. It was great watching Luci come into her own and recognize her femininity. Great light reading material.
KC the Book Addict
The story is slow to take off, but gets going mid-read. Lucianna is a bit of a tomboy by virtue of being brought up in an all male household. She is inhibited and not at all body-image confident after overhearing various conversations growing up (ahem... girl listening in on her brothers' macho posturing conversations about females).
Jake loves her from afar, and somehow ends up tutoring her in the art of being more womanly to get a guy she supposedly wants (who turns out to be a total ass - as i
Chantal Main
Ok I liked it. It was true he wanted to change her make her sexy but really he had the right intentions. Her brothers confused her and gave her enough trouble about her sexuality no wonder she never had sex or thought of herself as a woman. I enjoy their conversations. And that scene in her room with the underwear wow!!!
Shivangi Ramsay
God damn awful and too sexist. One of the reasons why I hate the kind of dirt being dished out by these romance books. Why god why can't a lady just be herself? Why does she need a man to validate her existence?
––––•(-•The Insomniac Book Hoarder•-
And just like that, it ended as swiftly as it started. Brief Review to come..
This is an older romance, so it was a little dated but I thought it was cute overall. The term "whilst" was used...A LOT, and it got a bit annoying after a while. Otherwise, it was exactly like I expect a Harlequin Romance to be: a pleasant reading experience that doesn't tax my brain to enjoy.
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Hiyaaahhh!!! TOB!! Ga nyesel gw belinya... Really like it...

Terpesona sama Hero.nya yg ternyata udah Jatuh Cinta sama Heroine.nya... Ngiri.. =_=.... ;b
Kisah tentang si tomboy yg dirubah penampilannya (make over) menjadi seorang gadis yg feminim oleh seorang playboy demi memikat kembali hati kekasihnya.
Nilam Suri
hihihi,yang ini lumayan bagus deh... ;p
bikin gue tetep konsen baca walo diprotes orang sekantor gara2 baca beginian pas puasa ;D
Ralia Noviani
just be yourself, because just being yourself is the most natural thing that can comfort you and your beloved one
Widhy Pratiwie
uwh...jake nya so sweet bgt...
First published in 1970. Enough said.
Bianca added it
Nov 29, 2015
Japsyme marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Lia marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Kat added it
Oct 15, 2015
Tyrone Pise
Tyrone Pise marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
  • The Italian's Blackmailed Mistress
  • Love-Slave to the Sheikh
  • Istri Simpanan
  • The Banker's Convenient Wife (Brides of L'Amour, #3)
  • The Brazilian's Blackmailed Bride (The Ramirez Brides #2)
  • The Virgin's Seduction (Harlequin Presents, #2519)
  • Menaklukkan Calon Istri (To Woo A Wife) (Bachelor Brothers, Book 1)
  • The Sicilian Surrender (O'Connells, #2)
  • The Ramirez Bride (The Ramirez Brides #1)
  • His Virgin Secretary
  • His Pregnancy Ultimatum (Expecting!) (Harlequin Presents, #2433)
  • In The Sheikh's Marriage Bed
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...